Greenhouse Gas Policy and Canadian Agriculture
To meet its commitment to the Kyoto Protocol (KP), Canada must reduce its current annual GHG emissions (694 MT CO2 equivalent) by 240 MT CO2. Canadaâ€™s agricultural industries have the potential to generate a carbon sink of 10 MT CO2 (Government of Canada, 2003). The purpose of this article is to consider the manner in which Canadian agricultural policy has responded to Canadaâ€™s KP commitment and the likelihood that Canadian agriculture will participate significantly in carbon emission trading.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): 06 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://caes.usask.ca/papers/cafri/index.php|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- GR Pautsch & LA Kurkalova & BA Babcock & CL Kling, 2001.
"The Efficiency Of Sequestering Carbon In Agricultural Soils,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(2), pages 123-134, 04.
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Kurkalova, Lyubov A. & Babcock, Bruce A. & Kling, Catherine L., 2001. "The Efficiency of Sequestering Carbon in Agricultural Soils," ISU General Staff Papers 200104010800001270, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- G. Cornelis van Kooten & Sabina Lee Shaikh & Pavel Suchánek, 2002. "Mitigating Climate Change by Planting Trees: The Transaction Costs Trap," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(4), pages 559-572.
- Antle, John M. & Capalbo, Susan Marie & Mooney, Sian & Elliott, Edward T. & Paustian, Keith H., 2001. "Economic Analysis Of Agricultural Soil Carbon Sequestration: An Integrated Assessment Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(02), December.
- Gregory R. Pautsch & Lyubov A. Kurkalova & Bruce A. Babcock & Catherine L. Kling, 2000. "Efficiency of Sequestering Carbon in Agricultural Soils, The," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 00-wp246, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Kurkalova, Lyubov A. & Babcock, Bruce A. & Kling, Catherine L., 2001. "Efficiency of Sequestering Carbon in Agricultural Soils (The)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1870, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Christoph Böhringer & Carsten Vogt, 2003. "Economic and environmental impacts of the Kyoto Protocol," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(2), pages 475-496, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cafric:46019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.