Price-Linked Farm And Spatial Equilibrium Models
The integration of detailed farm supply models with the basic spatial equilibrium model, is outlined. The direct linking of farm linear programming models with the spatial equilibrium model is achieved so that both prices and quantities are endogenous. Both the farm model and the spatial equilibrium model must be specified in primal-dual form to make the linkages. Limited details of the use of such a model in a study of a segment of the grain handling system in New South Wales are presented along with conclusions relating to the pricing of grain handling services.
Volume (Year): 38 (1994)
Issue (Month): 02 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200|
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- MacAulay, T. Gordon & Batterham, Robert L. & Fisher, Brian S., 1989. "Solution Of Spatial Trading Systems With Concave Cubic Programming," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 33(03), December.
- T. Takayama & G. G. Judge, 1964. "An Interregional Activity Analysis Model for the Agricultural Sector," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 46(2), pages 349-365.
- Onal, Hayri & McCarl, Bruce A, 1989. "Aggregation of Heterogeneous Firms in Mathematical Programming Models," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 16(4), pages 499-513.
- C. Richard Shumway & Anne A. Chang, 1977. "Linear Programming versus Positively Estimated Supply Functions: An Empirical and Methodological Critique," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 59(2), pages 344-357.
- Larry J. Martin, 1981. "Quadratic Single And Multi-Commodity Models Of Spatial Equilibrium: A Simplified Exposition," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 29(1), pages 21-48, 02.
- James G. MacKinnon, 1975. "A Technique for the Solution of Spatial Equilibrium Models," Working Papers 199, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ajaeau:22953. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.