The Returns To Investment In Research On Australian Wool Production
A production function approach is used to estimate growth in farm productivity in the Australian wool industry from an estimated level of expenditure on wool production R & D. A market equilibrium model of the wool industry is then used to measure the share of total benefits from this productivity growth accruing to Australia and its wool growers. A net return is estimated after allowing for lags in the development and adoption of technology.
Volume (Year): 35 (1991)
Issue (Month): 02 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200|
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. W. Freebairn & J. S. Davis & G. W. Edwards, 1983. "Distribution of Research Gains in Multistage Production Systems: Reply," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(2), pages 357-359.
- Davis, Jeffrey S. & Oram, Peter A. & Ryan, James G., 1987. "Assessment of Agricultural Research Priorities: An International Perspective," Monographs, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research, number 118048.
- J. M. Alston & G. M. Scobie, 1983. "Distribution of Research Gains in Multistage Production Systems: Comment," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(2), pages 353-356.
- Pardey, Philip G., 1986. "Public sector production of agricultural knowledge," Faculty Theses and Dissertations 121800, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Mullen, John D. & Alston, Julian M. & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 1989. "The Impact Of Farm And Processing Research On The Australian Wool Industry," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 33(01), April.
- McLean, I W, 1973. "Growth and Technological Change in Agriculture: Victoria 1870-1910," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 49(128), pages 560-574, December.