Do Australian woolgrowers manage price risk rationally?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harwood, Joy L. & Heifner, Richard G. & Coble, Keith H. & Perry, Janet E. & Somwaru, Agapi, 1999. "Managing Risk in Farming: Concepts, Research, and Analysis," Agricultural Economics Reports 34081, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- B. Wade Brorsen, 1995. "Optimal Hedge Ratios with Risk-Neutral Producers and Nonlinear Borrowing Costs," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(1), pages 174-181.
- Kingwell, Ross, 2000. "Price Risk Management for Australian Broad acre Farmers: some observations," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Melbourne School of Land and Environment, vol. 8.
- Simmons, Phil, 2002.
"Why do farmers have so little interest in futures markets?,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 27(1), May.
- Simmons, Phil, 2002. "Why do farmers have so little interest in futures markets?," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 1-6, May.
- Oscar Vergara & Keith H. Coble & Thomas O. Knight & George F. Patrick & Alan E. Baquet, 2004. "Cotton producers' choice of marketing techniques," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 465-479.
- Stephen C. Gabriel & C. B. Baker, 1980. "Concepts of Business and Financial Risk," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(3), pages 560-564.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jackson, Elizabeth & Quaddus, Mohammed & Islam, Nazrul & Stanton, John, 2008. "A mixed-method approach for determining the risk and complexity farmers associate with using forward contracts," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK 42305, Agricultural Economics Society.
More about this item
Keywordsprice risk management; motivation for hedging; business risk; financial risk; Australian woolgrow; Farm Management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:afbmau:122518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afbmnea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.