The Paradox of Risk Balancing: Do Risk-reducing Policies Lead to More Risk for Farmers?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harwood, Joy L. & Heifner, Richard G. & Coble, Keith H. & Perry, Janet E. & Somwaru, Agapi, 1999. "Managing Risk in Farming: Concepts, Research, and Analysis," Agricultural Economics Reports 34081, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Goldstein, Robert & Ju, Nengjiu & Leland, Hayne, 2001. "An EBIT-Based Model of Dynamic Capital Structure," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(4), pages 483-512, October.
- Stein, J.L. & Zheng, Ziyu, 2007. "Inter-temporal optimization in a stochastic environment: Introduction," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1287-1293, May.
- Stein, Jerome L., 2006. "Stochastic Optimal Control, International Finance, and Debt Crises," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199280575.
- Robert N. Collender & David Zilberman, 1985. "Land Allocation under Uncertainty for Alternative Specifications of Return Distributions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(4), pages 779-786.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uzeaa, Florentina Nicoleta & Poon, Kenneth & Sparling, David & Weersink, Alfons, 2013. "Farm Support Payments and Risk Balancing: Implications for Financial Riskiness of Canadian Farms," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150708, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic Optimal Control/Dynamic Programming; Financial Leverage; Uncertainty; Risk Balancing; Agricultural and Food Policy; Risk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea08:6546. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .