Flood prone risk and amenity values: a spatial hedonic analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arthur Grimes & Yun Liang, 2007. "Spatial Determinants of Land Prices in Auckland:Does the Metropolitan Urban Limit Have an Effect?," Working Papers 07_09, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Robert W. Paterson & Kevin J. Boyle, 2002. "Out of Sight, Out of Mind? Using GIS to Incorporate Visibility in Hedonic Property Value Models," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(3), pages 417-425.
- Okmyung Bin & Jamie Brown Kruse & Craig E. Landry, 2008. "Flood Hazards, Insurance Rates, and Amenities: Evidence From the Coastal Housing Market," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 75(1), pages 63-82.
- Case, Anne C, 1991. "Spatial Patterns in Household Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 953-965, July.
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003.
"Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998. "Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Randall S. Guttery & Stephen L. Poe & C. F. Sirmans, 2004. "An Empirical Investigation of Federal Wetlands Regulation and Flood Delineation: Implications for Residential Property Owners," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 26(3), pages 229-316.
- Basu, Sabyasachi & Thibodeau, Thomas G, 1998. "Analysis of Spatial Autocorrelation in House Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 61-85, July.
- Linneman, Peter, 1980. "Some empirical results on the nature of the hedonic price function for the urban housing market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 47-68, July.
- Kurt J. Beron & James C. Murdoch & Mark A. Thayer & Wim P. M. Vijverberg, 1997. "An Analysis of the Housing Market before and after the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(1), pages 101-113.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mahmoudi, Parvin & MacDonald, Darla Hatton & Crossman, Neville D. & Summers, David M. & van der Hoek, John, 2013. "Space matters: the importance of amenity in planning metropolitan growth," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 57(1), March.
- Levente Timar & Arthur Grimes & Richard Fabling, 2014.
"That Sinking Feeling: The Changing Price of Disaster Risk Following an Earthquake,"
14_13, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Timar, Levente & Grimes, Arthur & Fabling, Richard, 2015. "That Sinking Feeling: The Changing Price of Disaster Risk Following an Earthquake," 2015 Conference (59th), February 10-13, 2015, Rotorua, New Zealand 202982, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Prasad Neelawala & Clevo Wilson & Wasantha Athukorala, 2013.
"The impact of mining and smelting activities on property values: a study of Mount Isa city, Queensland, Australia,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, pages 60-78.
- Neelawala, Prasad & Wilson, Clevo & Athukorala, Wasantha, 2013. "The impact of mining and smelting activities on property values: a study of Mount Isa city, Queensland, Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 57(1), March.
- Balbi Stefano & Giupponi Carlo & Mojtahed Vahid & Olschewski Roland, 2015. "The Total Cost of Water-Related Disasters," Review of Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 66(2), pages 225-252, August.
- Ambrey, Christopher L. & Fleming, Christopher M., 2011.
"Valuing scenic amenity using life satisfaction data,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 106-115.
- Christopher L Ambrey & Christopher M Fleming, 2011. "Valuing scenic amenity using life satisfaction data," Discussion Papers in Economics economics:201103, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- James R. Meldrum, 2016. "Floodplain Price Impacts by Property Type in Boulder County, Colorado: Condominiums Versus Standalone Properties," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 64(4), pages 725-750, August.
- Levente Timar & Arthur Grimes & Richard Fabling, 2015. "Before a Fall: Impacts of Earthquake Regulation and Building Codes on the Commercial Building Market," Working Papers 15_19, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Stefano Balbi & Carlo Giupponi & Roland Olschewski & Vahid Mojtahed, 2013. "The economics of hydro-meteorological disasters: approaching the estimation of the total costs," Working Papers 2013-12, BC3.
- Parvin Mahmoudi & Darla Hatton MacDonald & Neville D. Crossman & David M. Summers & John van der Hoek, 2013. "Space matters: the importance of amenity in planning metropolitan growth," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 57(1), pages 38-59, January.
More about this item
Keywordsamenity value; flood hazard; information; spatial hedonic; Land Economics/Use; Risk and Uncertainty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aareaj:162020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaresea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.