The Incidence of an Oil Glut: Who Benefits from Cheap Crude Oil in the Midwest?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Severin Borenstein & Ryan Kellogg, 2012. "The Incidence of an Oil Glut: Who Benefits from Cheap Crude Oil in the Midwest?," NBER Working Papers 18127, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Li-Hsueh & Finney, Miles & Lai, Kon S., 2005. "A threshold cointegration analysis of asymmetric price transmission from crude oil to gasoline prices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 233-239, November.
- Anderson, Soren T. & Kellogg, Ryan & Sallee, James M., 2013.
"What do consumers believe about future gasoline prices?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 383-403.
- Soren T. Anderson & Ryan Kellogg & James M. Sallee, 2011. "What Do Consumers Believe About Future Gasoline Prices?," NBER Working Papers 16974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Severin Borenstein & A. Colin Cameron & Richard Gilbert, 1997.
"Do Gasoline Prices Respond Asymmetrically to Crude Oil Price Changes?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 305-339.
- Severin Borenstein & A. Colin Cameron, 1992. "Do Gasoline Prices Respond Asymmetrically to Crude Oil Price Changes?," NBER Working Papers 4138, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Polemis, Michael L. & Fotis, Panagiotis N., 2014. "The taxation effect on gasoline price asymmetry nexus: Evidence from both sides of the Atlantic," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 225-233.
- Ederington, Louis H. & Fernando, Chitru S. & Hoelscher, Seth A. & Lee, Thomas K. & Linn, Scott C., 2019. "A review of the evidence on the relation between crude oil prices and petroleum product prices," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 1-15.
- Phaisan Pattanakooha & Pongsa Pornchaiwisetgul, 2015. "The Effect of Stock, Government Policy, and Monopoly on Asymmetric Price Transmission in Thailand," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(4), pages 926-933.
- Remer, Marc, 2015.
"An empirical investigation of the determinants of asymmetric pricing,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 46-56.
- Marc Remer, 2012. "An Empirical Investigation of the Determinants of Asymmetric Pricing," EAG Discussions Papers 201210, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- Douglas, Christopher C., 2010. "Do gasoline prices exhibit asymmetry? Not usually!," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 918-925, July.
- Meyler, Aidan, 2009. "The pass through of oil prices into euro area consumer liquid fuel prices in an environment of high and volatile oil prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 867-881, November.
- Jordi Perdiguero-García, 2010. "“Symmetric or asymmetric gasoline prices? A metaanalysis approach”," IREA Working Papers 201013, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Nov 2010.
- Lurion M. De Mello & Ronald D. Ripple, 2017. "Polypropylene Price Dynamics: Input Costs or Downstream Demand?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Blair, Benjamin F. & Rezek, Jon P., 2008. "The effects of Hurricane Katrina on price pass-through for Gulf Coast gasoline," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 229-234, March.
- Zhang, Tao & Ma, Guofeng & Liu, Guangsheng, 2015. "Nonlinear joint dynamics between prices of crude oil and refined products," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 419(C), pages 444-456.
- Kristoufek, Ladislav & Lunackova, Petra, 2015.
"Rockets and feathers meet Joseph: Reinvestigating the oil–gasoline asymmetry on the international markets,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 1-8.
- Ladislav Kristoufek & Petra Lunackova, 2014. "Rockets and feathers meet Joseph: Reinvestigating the oil-gasoline asymmetry on the international markets," Papers 1407.5466, arXiv.org.
- Ladislav Kristoufek & Petra Lunackova, 2015. "Rockets and Feathers Meet Joseph: Reinvestigating the Oil-gasoline Asymmetry on the International Markets," Working Papers IES 2015/02, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Feb 2015.
- Liu, Tie-Ying & Lee, Chien-Chiang, 2018. "Will the energy price bubble burst?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 276-288.
- Koopmans, Carl & Lieshout, Rogier, 2016. "Airline cost changes: To what extent are they passed through to the passenger?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 1-11.
- Kang, Wensheng & de Gracia, Fernando Perez & Ratti, Ronald A., 2019. "The asymmetric response of gasoline prices to oil price shocks and policy uncertainty," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 66-79.
- Kuo-Wei Chou & Chin-Yuen Chang & Fei Hu, 2013. "An Empirical Study of Asymmetric Pricing in Retail Gasoline and Diesel Markets in Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, and Singapore," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 4(3), pages 35-42, July.
- Fosten, Jack, 2012. "Rising household diesel consumption in the United States: A cause for concern? Evidence on asymmetric pricing," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1514-1522.
- Václav Adamec, 2016. "Short-Term and Long-Term Relationships Between Prices of Imported Oil and Fuel Products in the U. S," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 1285-1293.
- Valadkhani, Abbas, 2009. "Do Retail Petrol Prices Rise More Rapidly Than They Fall in Australia’s Capital Cities?," Economics Working Papers wp09-08, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Bumpass, Donald & Ginn, Vance & Tuttle, M.H., 2015. "Retail and wholesale gasoline price adjustments in response to oil price changes," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 49-54.
- Ma. Joy Abrenica & Rolando Danao & Ma. Nimfa Mendoza, 2014. "Market competition in the downstream oil industry: is there evidence of price asymmetry?," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 51(2), pages 1-20, December.
More about this item
- F0 - International Economics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aen:journl:ej35-1-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iaeeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: David Williams (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iaeeeea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.