The Impact of State Licensing Regulations on Low-Skilled Immigrants: The Case of Vietnamese Manicurists
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Adriana D. Kugler & Robert M. Sauer, 2005.
"Doctors without Borders? Relicensing Requirements and Negative Selection in the Market for Physicians,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(3), pages 437-466, July.
- Adriana Kugler & Robert M. Sauer, 2004. "Doctors Without Borders? Re-licensing Requirements and Negative Selection in the Market for Physicians," Working Papers 133, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Kugler, Adriana & Sauer, Robert, 2005. "Doctors without Borders? Relicensing Requirements and Negative Selection in the Market for Physicians," MPRA Paper 69700, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zavodny, Madeline, 2000.
"The Effects of Official English Laws on Limited-English-Proficient Workers,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 427-452, July.
- Madeline Zavodny, 1998. "The effects of official English laws on limited-English-proficient workers," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 98-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dick M. Carpenter II & Lisa Knepper & Angela C. Erickson & John K. Ross, 2015. "Regulating Work: Measuring the Scope and Burden of Occupational Licensure Among Low- and Moderate-Income Occupations in the United States," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 3-20, February.
- Mario Pagliero & Edward Timmons, 2012. "Occupational Regulation in the European Legal Market," Working papers 27, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino.
- Sean E. Mulholland & Andrew T. Young, 2016. "Occupational Licensing and Interstate Migration," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 36(1), pages 17-31, Winter.
- Alison Cathles & David E. Harrington & Kathy Krynski, 2010. "The Gender Gap in Funeral Directors: Burying Women with Ready-to-Embalm Laws?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 48(4), pages 688-705, December.
- Aparicio Fenoll, Ainhoa & Kuehn, Zoë, 2016.
"Education Policies and Migration across European Countries,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9755, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ainhoa Aparicio Fenoll & Zoe Kuehn, 2016. "Education Policies and Migration across European Countries," CHILD Working Papers Series 42 JEL Classification: J6, Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic Economics (CHILD) - CCA.
- Pagliero, Mario, 2013.
"The impact of potential labor supply on licensing exam difficulty,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 141-152.
- Mario Pagliero, 2007. "The Impact of Potential Labor Supply on Licensing Exam Difficulty," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 53, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2013.
- Marc T. Law & Mindy S. Marks, 2012. "Occupational Licensing and Minorities: A Reply to Klein, Powell, and Vorotnikov," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 9(3), pages 234-255, September.
- repec:bla:reviec:v:25:y:2017:i:4:p:760-773 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marek Zapletal, 2017. "The Effects of Occupational Licensing Evidence from Detailed Business-Level Data," Working Papers 17-20, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Mario Pagliero & Edward Timmons, 2013. "Occupational Regulation in the European Legal Market," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 10(2), pages 243-265, August.
- E. Frank Stephenson & Erin E. Wendt, 2009. "Occupational Licensing: Scant Treatment in Labor Texts," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 6(2), pages 181-194, May.
- Pagliero, Mario, 2011. "What is the objective of professional licensing? Evidence from the US market for lawyers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 473-483, July.
- repec:bla:indres:v:56:y:2017:i:4:p:640-661 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Barker, 2008. "Ethics and Lobbying: The Case of Real Estate Brokerage," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 80(1), pages 23-35, June.
- Stella Capuano & Silvia Migali, 2017.
"The migration of professionals within the EU: Any barriers left?,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(4), pages 760-773, September.
- Capuano, Stella & Migali, Silvia, 2016. "The migration of professionals within the EU : any barriers left?," IAB Discussion Paper 201634, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Daniel B. Klein & Benjamin Powell & Evgeny S. Vorotnikov, 2012. "Was Occupational Licensing Good for Minorities? A Critique of Marc Law and Mindy Marks," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 9(3), pages 210-233, September.
- repec:iza:izawol:journl:y:2017:n:392 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:96:y:2006:i:2:p:237-241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.