Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:wdevel
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1986, Volume 14, Issue 12
- 1423-1434 The basic needs approach: Overcoming the poverty of homo oeconomicus
by Weigel, Van B.
- 1435-1455 By the teeth: A critical examination of James Scott's The moral economy of the peasant
by Haggis, Jane & Jarrett, Stephanie & Taylor, Dave & Mayer, Peter
- 1457-1461 Adversary activities and per capita income growth
by Datta, Samar K. & Nugent, Jeffrey B.
- 1463-1468 Measures to assist the least developed countries: The case of Malawi
by Jennings, Anthony
- 1473-1487 The world bank in Africa: Historical reflections on the African present
by Hopkins, Antony G.
1986, Volume 14, Issue 10-11
- 1237-1252 Rural public works and food-for-work: A survey
by Clay, Edward J.
- 1253-1267 Rural credit markets and institutions in developing countries: Lessons for policy analysis from practice and modern theory
by Braverman, Avishay & Guasch, J. Luis
- 1269-1275 Fisheries development in the Third World: The role of international agencies
by Bailey, Conner & Cycon, Dean & Morris, Michael
- 1277-1292 The global impact of information technology
by Cole, Sam
- 1293-1310 Original accumulation, equity and late industrialization: The cases of socialist China and capitalist Taiwan
by Ka, Chih-Ming & Selden, Mark
- 1311-1327 Microcomputers and energy policy analysis: Growth prospects in developing countries
by Foell, Wesley K. & Siddayao, Corazon M.
- 1329-1346 Intermediate technology for development: Small-scale chemical fertilizer plants in China
by Wong, Christine P. W.
- 1347-1356 The potential impact of high-test molasses from energy cane on the rum industry of Puerto Rico
by Gottfried, Robert R.
- 1361-1373 The perils of prescription: Economics and the macroeconomic policy adviser
by Nowzad, Bahram
1986, Volume 14, Issue 9
- 1107-1124 The debt problem and growth
by Selowsky, Marcelo & Van Der Tak, Herman G.
- 1125-1140 The determinants of military expenditures in developing countries
by Maizels, Alfred & Nissanke, Machiko K.
- 1141-1150 International price discrimination: The pharmaceutical industry
by Schut, Frederick T. & Van Bergeijk, Peter A. G.
- 1151-1160 Welfare and economic growth in Kenya, 1914-76
by Bigsten, Arne
- 1161-1175 Oil windfalls in a small parliamentary democracy: Their impact on Trinidad and Tobago
by Auty, Richard & Gelb, Alan
- 1177-1198 Dutch disease economics and the Colombian export boom
by Kamas, Linda
- 1199-1202 Book notes
by Gran, Guy
- 1203-1212 The history of the IMF
by Dell, Sidney
- 1213-1231 The functioning of the international monetary system: A critique of the perspective of the industrial countries
by Sengupta, Arjun
- 1233-1236 The report of the Group of Twenty-Four: A comment
by Solomon, Robert
1986, Volume 14, Issue 8
- 873-873 Preface
by Dell, Sidney & Lawrence, Roger
- 875-876 Update
by Helleiner, Gerald K.
- 877-908 Balance-of-payments experience and growth prospects of developing countries: A synthesis
by Helleiner, Gerald K.
- 909-918 Terms of reference for the country studies
by Bacha, Edmar L.
- 919-936 External shocks and growth prospects: The case of Brazil, 1973-1989
by Bacha, Edmar L.
- 937-962 Balance-of-payments adjustment in India, 1970-1971 to 1983-1984
by Ahluwalia, Montek Singh
- 963-991 Mexico's recent balance-of-payments experience and prospects for growth
by De Leon, Ernesto Zedillo Ponce
- 993-1018 Foreign debt, balance of payments, and the economic crisis of the Philippines in 1983-1984
by Remolona, Eli M. & Mangahas, Mahar & Pante, Filologo Jr.
- 1019-1058 Foreign debt, balance of payments, and growth prospects: the case of the Republic of Korea, 1965-1988
by Park, Yung Chul
- 1059-1083 Zimbabwe: transition to economic crises, 1981-1983: retrospect and prospect
by Green, Reginald Herbold & Kadhani, Xavier
- 1085-1105 The balance-of-payments adjustment process in developing countries: The experience of the Ivory Coast
by Quattara, Alassane D.
1986, Volume 14, Issue 7
- 775-790 Management, managers, and revolution
by Austin, James E. & Ickis, John C.
- 791-808 State, capital, and the transformation of dependence: The Brazilian computer case
by Evans, Peter B.
- 809-822 "Sustainable development" in Pacific micro-economies
by Bertram, Geoffrey
- 823-838 St. Lucia's female electronics factory workers: Key components in an export-oriented industrialization strategy
by Kelly, Deirdre
- 839-852 Self-employment, earnings, and mobility in Peninsular Malaysia
by Blau, David M.
- 853-863 Declining tree stocks in African countries
by Anderson, Dennis
- 865-872 Fuel markets in urban Bangladesh
by Prior, M. J.
1986, Volume 14, Issue 6
- 677-696 Remittances from international migration: A review in perspective
by Russell, Sharon Stanton
- 697-712 The hidden economy: A new view of remittances in the arab world
by Choucri, Nazli
- 713-725 Rural stratification, rural to urban migration, and urban inequality: Evidence from Iran
by Mohtadi, Hamid
- 727-741 The urban informal sector in Uruguay: Its internal structure, characteristics, and effects
by Portes, Alejandro & Blitzer, Silvia & Curtis, John
- 743-756 Patterns of technology imports: interregional comparison
by Poznanski, Kazimierz
- 757-762 Impact of Agricultural Research and Extension on crop productivity in Pakistan: A production function approach
by Khan, Mahmood Hasan & Akbari, Ather Hussain
- 767-774 Ideology and North-South relations
by Bhagwati, Jagdish
1986, Volume 14, Issue 5
- 555-577 The Concept and measurement of subsistence: A survey of the literature
by Sharif, Mohammed
- 579-591 Population growth and savings in LDCs: A survey article
by Hammer, Jeffrey S.
- 593-603 Future directions in development studies: The case of decentralization
by Conyers, Diana
- 605-622 Trade in investment-related technological services
by Sapir, Andre
- 623-635 Common property and collective action in economic development
by Runge, Carlisle Ford
- 637-651 An economic and social impact analysis of small industry promotion: A Philippine experience
by Pernia, Ernesto M. & Pernia, Joseph M.
- 653-664 Projects for women in the third world: Explaining their misbehavior
by Buvinic, Mayra
- 665-671 Unanticipated inflation, devaluation and output in Latin America
by Sheehey, Edmund J.
1986, Volume 14, Issue 4
- 453-468 Assessing the impact of international agricultural research and development programs
by Horton, Douglas
- 469-475 Evaluating research system performance and targeting research in land-abundant areas of Sub-Saharan Africa
by Binswanger, Hans P.
- 477-487 Rural financial markets in low-income countries: Recent controversies and lessons
by Adams, Dale W. & Vogel, Robert C.
- 489-502 The comparative performance of foreign and domestic firms in Brazil
by Willmore, Larry N.
- 503-521 Transnational corporations and local capital: Comparative conduct and performance in the Turkish pharmaceutical industry
by Kirim, Arman S.
- 523-530 Multinationals and market structure in Mexico
by Blomstrom, Magnus
- 531-540 Confronting an unsolvable problem: Deforestation in Malawi
by French, David
- 541-547 Sources of growth
by Currie, Lauchlin
- 549-552 Book note
by Gran, Guy
1986, Volume 14, Issue 3
- 319-332 The state and economic stagnation in Tropical Africa
by Sandbrook, Richard
- 333-346 The World Bank and structural adjustment in Latin America
by Bacha, Edmar L. & Feinberg, Richard E.
- 347-365 The effectiveness of structural adjustment lending: Initial evidence from Malawi
by Kydd, J. & Hewitt, A.
- 367-384 Farmer organizations and food production in Zimbabwe
by Bratton, Michael
- 385-409 Agricultural plans for Brazil's Grande Carajas program: Lost opportunity for sustainable local development?
by Fearnside, Philip M.
- 411-414 More of the same in Brazilian Amazonia: A comment on Fearnside
by Hall, Anthony L.
- 415-428 Technical change and labor absorption in Asian agriculture: Some emerging trends
by Jayasuriya, S. K. & Shand, R. T.
- 429-439 Simple analytics of segmented markets: What case for liberalization?
by Roemer, Michael
- 441-447 The supply of labor in agriculture and food prices: The cases of Japan and Egypt
by Grabowski, Richard & Sivan, David
- 449-452 Book notes
by Gran, Guy
1986, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 143-145 Methodological debate in economics: Editor's introduction
by Wilber, Charles K.
- 147-163 No view without a viewpoint: Gunnar Myrdal
by Dykema, Eugene R.
- 165-180 The methodology of W. Arthur Lewis's development economics: Economics as pedagogy
by Wisman, Jon D.
- 181-194 The methodological basis of Hirschman's development economics: Pattern model vs general laws
by Wilber, Charles K. & Francis, Steve
- 195-209 A methodological analysis of dependency theory: Explanation in Andre Gunder Frank
by Simon, Lawrence H. & Ruccio, David F.
- 211-222 Methodological aspects of a Marxian approach to development: An analysis of the modes of production school
by Ruccio, David F. & Simon, Lawrence H.
- 223-232 Latin American structuralism: A methodological perspective
by Jameson, Kenneth P.
- 233-243 Program interventions, intrahousehold distribution and the welfare of individuals: Modelling household behavior
by Rosenzweig, Mark R.
- 245-255 Hearts and spades: Paradigms of household economics
by Folbre, Nancy
- 257-265 The new development economics
by Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- 267-272 Forced commerce and agrarian growth
by Bhaduri, Amit
- 273-282 Peasant rationality: Individuals, groups, cultures
by Adams, John
- 283-300 Approaches to evaluation of development interventions: The importance of world and life views
by Hoksbergen, Roland
- 301-317 Three rationalities in development decision-making
by Goulet, Denis
1986, Volume 14, Issue 1
- 1-38 Industrial decentralization under apartheid: The relocation of industry to the South African periphery
by Wellings, Paul & Black, Anthony
- 39-63 Assistance to expand agricultural production
by Ruttan, Vernon W.
- 65-77 Farming systems research: Hitting a moving target
by Maxwell, Simon
- 79-96 Oil exports, agrarian change and the rural labor process: The ecuadorian sierra in the 1970s
by Commander, Simon & Peek, Peter
- 97-114 Three patterns of basic needs distribution within Sri Lanka: 1971-1973
by Morrison, Barrie M. & Waxler, Nancy E.
- 115-126 Credit allocation and investment decisions: The case of the manufacturing sector in Korea
by Leite, Sergio Pereira & Vaez-Zadeh, Reza
- 127-132 Corruption, delivery systems, and property rights
by Vijay Jagannathan, N.
- 133-135 On fertility, migration and remittances in LDCs
by Katz, Eliakim & Stark, Oded
- 137-140 Book notes: New classics and guides to research
by Gran, Guy
1985, Volume 13, Issue 12
- 1187-1209 Alternatives for multilateral development diplomacy: Some suggestions
by Weiss, Thomas G.
- 1211-1230 Foreign aid and conditions precedent: Political and bureaucratic dimensions
by Cohen, John M. & Grindle, Merilee S. & Walker, S. Tjip
- 1231-1247 Participation, public policy, political economy and development in rural Bangladesh, 1958-85
by Blair, Harry W.
- 1249-1262 Structural barriers to food programming: An analysis of the "Mexican food system"
by Spalding, Rose J.
- 1263-1286 Energy use in eight rural communities in India
by Bowonder, B. & Prakash Rao, N. & Dasgupta, B. & Prasad, S. S. R.
- 1287-1298 A cross-country comparison of interindustry linkages and the role of imported intermediate inputs
by Kubo, Yuji
- 1299-1305 Some initial results of China's new agricultural policies
by Stavis, Benedict
- 1307-1309 Pioneers in Development : Gerald M. Meier and Dudley Seers (Eds.) (1984) (New York: Oxford University Press for the World Bank), x + 372 pp., hardback, $29.95
by Morawetz, David
- 1311-1314 Book notes: New classics and guides to research
by Gran, Guy
1985, Volume 13, Issue 10-11
- 1099-1124 The search for a development economics
by Bruton, Henry J.
- 1125-1138 The private sector and rural development: Can agribusiness help the small farmer?
by Goldsmith, Arthur
- 1139-1149 Attitude change revisited: Cognitive dissonance theory and development policy
by James, Jeffrey & Gutkind, Efraim
- 1151-1161 Productivity, progress and learning: The case of jute spinning in Bangladesh
by Kibria, M. G. & Tisdell, C. A.
- 1163-1170 The demand for money in a developing economy: The case of Kenya
by Darrat, Ali F.
- 1171-1174 A note on the dynamic aspects of the Heckscher--Ohlin model: Some empirical evidence
by Khanna, Ashok
- 1175-1178 The appraisal of rural water supplies
by Mcneill, Desmond
- 1179-1180 Reply
by Baldwin, G. B.
- 1181-1181 Rejoinder
by McNeill, Desmond
1985, Volume 13, Issue 9
- 1017-1035 Women and agricultural change in Latin America: Some concepts guiding research
by Wilson, Fiona
- 1037-1053 Rural women and state policy: The Latin American agrarian reform experience
by Deere, Carmen Diana
- 1055-1065 A model of endowment-constrained demand for food in an agricultural economy with empirical applications to Bangladesh
by Khan, Qaiser M.
- 1067-1075 Price policy and agricultural export performance in Jamaica
by Pollard, Stephen K. & Graham, Douglas H.
- 1077-1086 Prospects of trade liberalization between the developed and the developing countries
by Ahmad, Jaleel
- 1087-1091 On `the political economy of stabilization'
by Moore, Mick
- 1093-1094 Reply
by Nelson, Joan
- 1095-1097 Book notes: New classics and guides to research
by Gran, Guy
1985, Volume 13, Issue 8
- 863-866 Overview and summary
by Corbo, Vittorio & De Melo, Jaime
- 867-869 Part I: The reforms and macroeconomic adjustments introduction
by Bruno, Michael
- 871-892 The expectations management approach to stabilization in Argentina during 1976-1982
by Fernandez, Roque B.
- 893-916 Reforms and macroeconomic adjustments in Chile during 1974-1984
by Corbo, Vittorio
- 917-939 External shocks, financial reforms, and stabilization attempts in Uruguay during 1974-1983
by Hanson, James & de Melo, Jaime
- 941-947 Part II: Microeconomic adjustments during the reforms introduction
by Tybout, James
- 949-967 Microeconomic adjustments in Argentina during 1976-1981: The importance of changing levels of financial subsidies
by Petrei, A. Humberto & Tybout, James
- 969-994 Microeconomic adjustments in Chile during 1977-1981: The importance of being a grupo
by Galvez, Julio & Tybout, James
- 995-1015 Microeconomic adjustments in Uruguay during 1973-1981: The interplay of real and financial shocks
by De Melo, Jaime & Pascale, Ricardo & Tybout, James
1985, Volume 13, Issue 7
- 761-787 Marxism and development sociology: Interpreting the impasse
by Booth, David
- 789-803 The newly industrializing countries and radical theories of development
by Browett, John
- 805-817 Trends, cycles and asymmetries in the terms of trade of primary commodities from developed and less developed countries
by Thirlwall, A. P. & Bergevin, J.
- 819-835 The erosion of agriculture in an oil economy: The case of export crop production in Trinidad
by Pollard, H. J.
- 837-853 Investment planning and the macroeconomic constraints in developing countries: The case of the Syrian Arab Republic
by Park, Se-Hark
- 859-861 Have you gotten to know the Index to International Statistics (IIS)?
by Bolnick, Bruce R.
1985, Volume 13, Issue 6
- 663-684 Environment, development and politics: Capital accumulation and the livestock sector in Eastern Amazonia
by Hecht, Susanna B.
- 685-690 Food and stabilization in developing Africa
by Medani, A. I.
- 691-704 Some aspects of employment in Indian agriculture
by Parikh, Ashok
- 705-723 Development and structural change in rural Egypt, 1952 to 1982
by Adams, Richard Jr.
- 725-736 Tax policy, regulated interest rates, and saving
by Nellor, David C. L.
- 737-748 A reapraisal of the capital goods sector in Hong Kong: The case for free trade
by Henley, John S. & Nyaw, Mee-Kau
- 749-759 Nationalism, socialism and planning: Influential ideas in the South
by Lal, Deepak
1985, Volume 13, Issue 5
- 573-588 Saving, investment, fiscal deficits, and the external indebtedness of developing countries
by Zaidi, Iqbal Mehdi
- 589-594 The role of real income level and income distribution in fulfillment of basic needs
by Ram, Rati
- 595-609 Basic human needs: The plateau curve
by Goldstein, Joshua S.
- 611-626 Agricultural pricing policy in Kenya
by Jabara, Cathy L.
- 627-638 Biological technology and land productivity: Fertilizers and food production in India
by Diwan, Romesh & Kallianpur, Renu
- 639-651 Options for cement production in Papua New Guinea: A study in choice of technology
by Stewart, D. F.
- 653-658 Costs and benefits of a modest proposal
by Selwyn, Percy
- 659-661 The state, industrialization and class formations in India : Anumpan Sen, (London: Routledge, 1982), [UK pound]14.95
by Lipton, Michael
1985, Volume 13, Issue 4
- 465-466 In memory of Thomas Balogh
by Streeten, Paul
- 467-497 The market for public office: Why the Indian state is not better at development
by Wade, Robert
- 499-512 Are Nigerian scientists and engineers effectively utilized? issues on the deployment of scientific and technological labor for national development
by Ukaegbu, Chikwendu Christian
- 513-534 Farm size, land yields and the agricultural production function: An analysis for fifteen developing countries
by Cornia, Giovanni Andrea
- 535-541 Biases in the allocation of foreign aid: Some new evidence
by Dowling, J. M. & Hiemenz, Ulrich
- 543-545 Can the East Asian model of development be generalized? a comment
by Ranis, Gustav
- 547-548 Reply
by Cline, William R.
- 549-556 Of markets, might and mullahs: a case for equity, pluralism and tolerance in development
by De Kadt, Emanuel
- 557-569 The state of the world's population movement: Implications of the 1984 Mexico city conference
by Gwatkin, Davidson R.
1985, Volume 13, Issue 3
- 263-272 Microelectronics, international competition and development strategies: The unavoidable issues -- Editor's introduction
by Hoffman, Kurt
- 273-292 Electronics in India: Past strategies and future possibilities
by Mal Agarwal, Suraj
- 293-309 The development of the `electronics complex' and government policies in Brazil
by Stefano Erber, Fabio
- 311-332 The computer industry in the third world: Policy options and constraints
by O'Connor, David C.
- 333-352 Automation and the worldwide restructuring of the electronics industry: Strategic implications for developing countries
by Ernst, Dieter
- 353-370 Technical change and industrial policy: The case of computer numerically controlled lathes in Argentina, Korea and Taiwan
by Jacobsson, Staffan
- 371-392 Clothing, chips and competitive advantage: The impact of microelectronics on trade and production in the garment industry
by Hoffman, Kurt
- 393-407 Developing countries and the future of the automobile industry
by Jones, Daniel T. & Womack, James P.
- 409-422 International diffusion of technology, industrial development and technological leapfrogging
by Soete, Luc
- 423-439 Electronics-based automation technologies and the onset of systemofacture: Implications for Third World industrialization
by Kaplinsky, Raphael
- 441-463 Microelectronics, long waves and world structural change: New perspectives for developing countries
by Perez, Carlota
1985, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 151-159 The origins of structuralism
by Arndt, H. W.
- 161-175 Economic and political determinants of foreign direct investment
by Schneider, Friedrich & Frey, Bruno S.
- 177-190 Science and technology indicators and socio-economic development
by Bhalla, A. S. & Fluitman, A. G.
- 191-204 The international debt situation and North-South relations
by Stewart, Frances
- 205-217 Incentives versus equality: What does China's recent experience show?
by Trescott, Paul B.
- 219-236 Reconsidering patents and economic development: A case study of the Turkish pharmaceutical industry
by Kirim, Arman S.
- 237-238 The puzzle of sharecropping: A piece refitted
by Lucas, Robert E. B.
- 239-242 The puzzle of the Lucas model: A reply
by Quibria, M. G. & Rashid, Salim
- 243-243 The Lucas model misconstrued: Rebuttal
by Lucas, Robert E. B.
- 245-249 The fifth credit tranche
by Dell, Sidney
- 251-254 Some notes on work ethos and economic development
by Alam, M. Shahid
- 255-259 Further thoughts on North-South negotiations: A review of Bhagwati and Ruggie
by Singer, Hans W.
1985, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-3 Editors' introduction
by White, Gordon & Croll, Elisabeth
- 5-14 The problem of balance in the peripheral socialist economy: A conceptual note
by Fitzgerald, E. V. K.
- 15-40 The role of the revolutionary state in the Nicaraguan food system
by Austin, James & Fox, Jonathan & Kruger, Walter
- 41-58 Prospects for the socialist transition of agriculture in Zimbabwe
by Munslow, Barry
- 59-76 Gaps in the debates about agriculture in Senegal, Tanzania and Mozambique
by Barker, Jonathan
- 77-96 Economic tactics: Commercial policy and the socialization of African agriculture
by Mackintosh, Maureen
- 97-114 Agricultural planning, pricing policy and co-operatives in Vietnam
by White, Christine
- 115-121 Inequality and socialism in rural China: A conceptual note
by Blecher, Marc
- 123-150 Hungarian agriculture: A model for the socialist world?
by Hartford, Kathleen
1984, Volume 12, Issue 11-12
- 1063-1075 Investment penetration in manufacturing and extraction and external public debt in Third World states
by Rothgeb, John Jr.
- 1077-1086 When should developing countries use bilateral state trading?
by Spechler, Martin & Tovias, Alfred
- 1087-1094 Prospects for the manufacturing exports of the non-candidate Mediterranean countries in a community of twelve
by Yannopoulos, George N.
- 1095-1106 Of contracts and subcontracts: Small firms in vertically dis-integrated production/distribution systems in LDCs
by Mead, Donald C.