Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:wdevel
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1983, Volume 11, Issue 7
- 565-574 India and the Tokyo round
by Sapir, Andre & Baldwin, Robert E.
- 575-592 Guaranteeing employment to the rural poor: Social functions and class interests in the employment guarantee scheme in Western India
by Herring, Ronald J. & Edwards, Rex M.
- 593-599 Labour force and land distributional effects of agricultural technology: A case study of coffee
by Ridler, Neil B.
- 601-607 The interest elasticity of savings in developing countries: The existing evidence
by Giovannini, Alberto
- 609-624 Obstacles to world development: An ethical reflection
by Goulet, Denis
1983, Volume 11, Issue 6
- 467-481 Production versus reproduction: A threat to China's development strategy
by Croll, Elisabeth J.
- 483-492 Industrialization and resource allocation in a developing country: The case of recent experiences in Tanzania
by Wangwe, Samuel M.
- 493-501 Foreign investment and spillover efficiency in an underdeveloped economy: Evidence from the Mexican manufacturing industry
by Blomstrom, Magnus & Persson, Hakan
- 503-514 Cost recovery in a project context: Some World Bank experience in tropical Africa
by Meerman, Jacob
- 515-525 Interest rate subsidies on international finance as a means of assisting low-income countries
by Bird, Graham
- 527-535 Technological effort and disembodied technology exports: An econometric analysis of inter-industry variations in India
by Lall, Sanjaya & Mohammad, Sharif
- 537-547 Constraints on assistance to refugees: Some observations from the Sudan
by Karadawi, Ahmed
1983, Volume 11, Issue 5
- 397-403 Trade in a changed world economy
by Michaely, Michael
- 405-416 The short-run impact of fluctuating primary commodity prices on three developing economies: Columbia, Ivory Coast and Kenya
by Dick, Hermann & Gupta, Sanjeev & Mayer, Thomas & Vincent, David
- 417-425 The importance of `natural' barriers to trade among developing countries: Some evidence from the transport cost content in Brazilian imports
by Langhammer, Rolf J.
- 427-446 Beyond the rhetoric of rural development participation: How can it be done?
by Gow, David D. & Vansant, Jerry
- 447-450 Instability of government revenue and expenditure in less developed countries
by Lim, David
- 451-454 North-South multipliers
by Singer, Hans W.
- 455-465 The Mexican economy: Present situation, perspectives and alternatives
by Julio Lopez G.
1983, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 329-335 Lending versus giving: The economics of foreign assistance
by Leipziger, Danny M.
- 337-357 What are the least developed countries and what benefits may result from the Paris conference?
by Weiss, Thomas G. & Jennings, Anthony
- 359-376 Diffusion of rural innovations: Some analytical issues and the case of wood-burning stoves
by Agarwal, Bina
- 377-380 Government recurrent expenditure and economic growth in less developed countries
by Lim, David
- 381-387 Chinese industrial productivity in an international context
by Dirksen, Erik
- 389-390 Participant observation and logical positivism in the social sciences: A note
by Black, Philip A.
1983, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 165-167 Editor's introduction
by Patel, Surendra J.
- 169-175 Major issues concerning pharmaceutical policies in the third world
by Von Wartensleben, Aurelie
- 177-179 Essential drugs for the third world
by Fattorusso, Vittorio
- 181-186 Double deprivation: Public and private drug distribution from the perspective of the third world poor
by Melrose, Dianna
- 187-193 Patents and trademarks in pharmaceuticals
by Chudnovsky, Daniel
- 195-204 Drug costs in developing countries and policies to reduce them
by Patel, Mahesh S.
- 205-216 Drug selection: Mozambique
by Marzagao, Carlos & Segall, Malcolm
- 217-222 International drug procurement and market intelligence: Cuba
by Capo, Luis R.
- 223-228 Drug control: India
by Gothoskar, S. S.
- 229-236 Drug and therapeutics committees and information pharmacy services: The United Kingdom
by George, C. F. & Hands, D. E.
- 237-241 National production of drugs: Egypt
by Galal, Essam E.
- 243-250 Research and development in pharmaceuticals: Mexico
by Wionczek, Miguel S.
- 251-257 Report of the expert committee for drugs - Bangladesh
by Patel, Surendra J.
- 259-264 Pharmaceuticals in the third world: The problem from the suppliers' point of view
by Peretz, S. Michael & Vice-President, oExecutive
- 265-269 The right pharmaceuticals at the right prices: Consumer perspectives
by Fazal, Anwar
- 271-279 Cooperation among national drug manufacturers: Asociacion Latinoamericana de Industrias Farmaceuticas (ALIFAR)
by White, Eduardo
- 281-287 The main lines of cooperation among developing countries in pharmaceuticals
by Balasubramaniam, Kumariah
- 289-289 Selected essential documents: A note
by Koch, Gloria-Veronica
1983, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 77-100 A modified collective agriculture in rural growth-with-equity: Reconsidering the private, unimodal solution
by Putterman, Louis
- 101-117 The political economy of the `recurrent cost problem' in the West African Sahel
by Gray, Clive & Martens, Andre
- 119-139 The economic effects of windfall gains in export earnings, 1975-1978
by Davis, Jeffrey M.
- 141-152 Appropriate policies towards multinational hotel corporations in developing countries
by McQueen, Matthew
- 153-162 The elasticity of the tax system of Zambia, 1966-1977
by Byrne, William J.
1983, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-10 Socializing adaptation: A perspective on world capitalism
by Schatz, Sayre P.
- 11-20 World economy, level development and income distribution: An integration of different approaches to the explanation of income inequality
by Bornschier, Volker
- 21-29 ELL (The Equivalent Length of Life) or another attempt at measuring development
by Silber, Jacques
- 31-53 Integrated regional development planning: Linking urban centres and rural areas in Bolivia
by Rondinelli, Dennis A. & Evans, Hugh
- 55-64 The immigration of Third World professionals to Canada: 1968-1973
by Devoretz, Don & Maki, Dennis
- 65-70 Portugal, Turkey and Peru: Three successful stabilization programmes under the auspices of the IMF
by Bogdanowicz-Bindert, Christine A.
- 71-72 Confusion over measuring the relative worth of trade and aid
by Thirlwall, A. P.
- 73-75 Paul Rosenstein-Rodan: An appreciation
by Chakravarty, Sukhamoy
1982, Volume 10, Issue 12
- 1025-1026 Analysing disequilibrium in developing economies: Editor's introduction
by Fry, Maxwell J.
- 1027-1038 Disequilibrium analysis in developing economies: An overview
by Balassa, Bela
- 1039-1047 Unemployment in LDCs: Worker heterogeneity, screening, and quantity constraints
by Drazen, Allan
- 1049-1057 Analysing disequilibrium interest-rate systems in developing countries
by Fry, Maxwell J.
- 1059-1068 Analysing disequilibrium exchange-rate systems in developing countries
by Krueger, Anne O.
- 1069-1082 Fiscal disequilibrium in developing countries
by Tanzi, Vito
1982, Volume 10, Issue 11
- 913-948 Small industry in developing countries: A discussion of issues
by Anderson, Dennis
- 949-972 Industrial strategy for late starters: The experience of Kenya, Tanzania and Zambia
by Gulhati, Ravi & Sekhar, Uday
- 973-990 Economic development and rural industry in South Korea and Taiwan
by Ho, Samuel P. S.
- 991-1014 Learning and the capital goods sector under free trade: The case of Hongkong
by Fransman, Martin
- 1015-1023 State enterprises in a competitive industry: An Indonesian case study
by Hill, Hal
1982, Volume 10, Issue 10
- 841-856 Trade developments during the first Lome Convention
by Moss, Joanna & Ravenhill, John
- 857-862 Trade effects of European Community preferences to Mediterranean countries: The case of textile and clothing imports
by Pomfret, Richard
- 863-869 Development assistance: Trade versus aid and the relative performance of industrial countries
by Yeats, Alexander J.
- 871-884 The monetarist explanation of inflation: The experience of six Asian countries
by Saini, Krishan G.
- 885-898 A systems model of rural development
by Lakshmanan, T. R.
- 899-909 Landsat: A tool for development
by Haack, Barry N.
- 911-911 Money and Monetary Policy in less developed countries: A survey of issues and evidence : edited by Warren L. Coates Jr. and Deena R. Khatkhate (Pergamon Press, 1980), xiv + 827 pp., $95.00 hardback, $20.00 paperback
by Streeten, Paul
1982, Volume 10, Issue 9
- 689-694 National and international aspects of financial policies in LDCs: A prologue
by Khatkhate, Deena
- 695-700 On the characterization of good economic policy: Is there a consensus?
by Williamson, John
- 701-708 Stabilization policies in developing countries: What have we learned?
by Dornbusch, Rudiger
- 709-730 Some theoretical and empirical issues relating to economic stabilization in developing countries
by Khan, Mohsin S. & Knight, Malcolm D.
- 731-750 Models of financially repressed developing economies
by Fry, Maxwell J.
- 751-765 An eclectic model of recent LDC macroeconomic policy analyses
by Porter, Richard C. & Ranney, Susan I.
- 767-780 Observations on the conditionality of international financial institutions
by Eckaus, Richard S.
- 781-789 Inflation, interest rate policy, and currency substitutions in developing economies: A discussion of some major issues
by Tanzi, Vito & Blejer, Mario I.
- 791-800 Prices, output and the trade balance in Iran
by Aghevli, Bijan B. & Sassanpour, Cyrus
- 801-811 The Argentine stabilization plan of December 20th
by Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo
- 813-827 Inflation, interest rates, and the balance of payments during a financial reform: The case of Argentina
by Mathieson, Donald J.
- 829-840 Anatomy of financial retardation in a less developed country: The case of Sri Lanka, 1951-1976
by Khatkhate, Deena
1982, Volume 10, Issue 8
- 597-612 Stabilization: The political economy of overkill
by Dell, Sidney
- 613-632 Urban employment and labour allocation policies in post-Mao China
by White, Gordon
- 633-649 Rapid reconnaissance for development administration: Mapping and moulding organizational landscapes
by Honadle, George
- 651-668 Policy evaluation and meta-evaluation: The case of rural co-operatives
by Apthorpe, Raymond & Gasper, Desmond
- 669-676 Traditional fuel usage and the rural poor in Bangladesh
by Douglas, J. J.
- 677-687 Underdevelopment and the economics of corruption: A game theory approach
by Macrae, John
1982, Volume 10, Issue 7
- 523-529 The structuralist explanation in the theory of inflation
by Canavese, Alfredo J.
- 531-539 Inflation in a newly industrialized country: The case of Korea
by Chung, Jae Wan
- 541-560 Managing resource dependency: The United States and Japan in the markets for copper, iron ore and bauxite
by Rodrik, Dani
- 561-571 Mining enclaves and taxation
by Emerson, Craig
- 573-584 Community participation for health: The case of Latin America
by De Kadt, Emanuel
- 585-595 Vertical linkages and multinational enterprises in developing countries
by Lim, Linda Y. C. & Fong, Pang Eng
1982, Volume 10, Issue 6
- 429-450 Growth constraints on small-scale manufacturing in developing countries: a critical review
by Schmitz, Hubert
- 451-465 Developments in social accounting methods as applied to the analysis of income distribution and employment issues
by Hayden, Carol & Round, Jefferey I.
- 467-473 Structural determinants of government budget deficits in developing countries
by Morrison, Thomas K.
- 475-488 Price control techniques in poor countries: the Tanzanian case
by Whitworth, Alan
- 489-499 Sector priorities in meeting basic needs: some statistical evidence
by Hicks, Norman L.
- 501-512 Mexico's development strategy for the 1980s
by Hardy, Chandra
- 513-521 The changing remittance behaviour of United States manufacturing firms in Latin America
by Chudnovsky, Daniel
1982, Volume 10, Issue 5
- 341-353 Agriculture on the steep slopes of tropical America: Current situation and prospects for the year 2000
by Posner, Joshua L. & McPherson, Malcolm F.
- 355-375 Structural change in Malawi since independence: Consequences of a development strategy based on large-scale agriculture
by Kydd, Jonathan & Christiansen, Robert
- 377-396 Development planning in The Gambia: The gap between planners' and farmers' perceptions, expectations and objectives
by Dey, Jennie
- 397-411 Why development fails: The evaluation gap in Nepal's subsistence agriculture
by Calkins, Peter H.
- 413-416 On modelling the informal sector
by Stark, Oded
- 417-427 Equitable, productive employment targets for the international development strategy
by Kim, Kwan S. & Hanson, James A.
1982, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 263-283 Agricultural price policy in Tanzania
by Ellis, Frank
- 285-291 An analytical defence of basic needs: The optimal-savings perspective
by Quibria, M. G.
- 293-304 Export subsidies and trade policy: The experience of Kenya
by Low, Patrick
- 305-318 Escaping the rural energy dilemma: A process for matching technologies to local needs and resources
by Ashworth, John H. & Neuendorffer, Jean W.
- 319-325 The export of manpower from Pakistan to the Middle East, 1975-1985
by Tsakok, Isabelle
- 327-335 Back to basics: Theory for the rhetoric in the North-South round
by Taylor, Lance
- 337-338 Development: Journal of the Society for International Development
by Streeten, Paul
- 338-339 Peru 1890-1977: Growth and Policy in an Open Economy
by Figueroa, Adolfo
1982, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 167-185 The impact of primary schooling on economic development: a review of the evidence
by Colclough, Christopher
- 187-197 Basic education and income inequality in Brazil
by Jallade, Jean-Pierre
- 199-209 Problems of indexation in financially liberalized less developed economies
by Kapur, Basant K.
- 211-222 High interest rates: a new conventional wisdom for development policy? some conclusions from Sri Lankan experience
by Roe, Alan R.
- 223-238 Farming for energy: social options under Brazil's National Alcohol Programme
by Saint, William S.
- 239-261 Measures of appropriateness: the resource requirements of anaerobic digestion (biogas) systems
by Santerre, Michael T. & Smith, Kirk R.
1982, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 81-90 Can the East Asian model of development be generalized?
by Cline, William R.
- 91-102 Socially weighted real income comparisons: An application to India
by Broder, Ivy E. & Morris, Cynthia Taft
- 103-113 Food policy conflicts in Bangladesh
by Tarrant, J. R.
- 115-126 US multinationals and Latin American manufacturing employment absorption
by Meller, Patricio & Mizala, Alejandra
- 127-146 The emergence of Third World multinationals: Indian joint ventures overseas
by Lall, Sanjaya
- 147-160 The political economy of US policy on LDC debt relief: Executive-legislative relations, 1977-1980
by Cohen, Stephen D.
- 161-166 `When is trade more valuable than aid?': Revisited
by Yassin, Ibrahim H.
1982, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-17 Approaches to a New International Economic Order
by Streeten, Paul
- 19-22 Is there a poverty trap for developing countries? Polarization: Reality or myth
by Singer, H. W. & Mahmood, R. A.
- 23-38 Structural adjustment policies in developing economies
by Balassa, Bela
- 39-48 Has political risk scared mineral investment away from the deposits in developing countries?
by Radetzki, Marian
- 49-62 The `luxury unemployment' hypothesis: A review of recent evidence
by Udall, Alan T. & Sinclair, Stuart
- 63-70 Research on rural-to-urban migration in LDCs: The confusion frontier and why we should pause to rethink afresh
by Stark, Oded
- 71-79 The ten commandments of renewable energy analysis
by French, David
1981, Volume 9, Issue 11-12
- 1039-1061 Development from below: Local Development Associations in the Yemen Arab Republic
by Cohen, John M. & Hebert, Mary & Lewis, David B. & Swanson, Jon C.
- 1063-1082 Brazilian socioeconomic development: Issues for the eighties
by Knight, Peter T.
- 1083-1096 Growth with equity: The Cuban experience (1959-1980)
by Brundenius, Claes
- 1097-1108 An assessment of agricultural development policies in Iran
by Afshar, Haleh
- 1109-1114 Segmented labour markets without policy-induced labour market distortions
by Mezzera, Jaime
- 1115-1128 Recession, inflation and the international monetary system
by Seira, Ariel Buira
- 1129-1139 Some unresolved problems of the African Development Bank
by Fordwor, Kwame D.
1981, Volume 9, Issue 9-10
- 803-811 Socialism and development: Editors' introduction
by Jameson, Kenneth P. & Wilber, Charles K.
- 813-824 The Burmese way to `socialism'
by Fenichel, Allen & Khan, Azfar
- 825-837 Iraqi and Syrian socialism: An economic appraisal
by Gotthell, Fred
- 839-849 Tanzanian and African socialism
by Weaver, James H. & Kronemer, Alexander
- 851-870 Prospects and problems of the transition from agrarianism to socialism: The case of Angola, Guinea-Bissau and Mozambique
by Kofi, Tetteh A.
- 871-888 Socialist Cuba and the intermediate regimes of Jamaica and Guyana
by Jameson, Kenneth P.
- 889-905 The North Korean model: Gaps and questions
by Halliday, Jon
- 907-928 Romania and Greec--socialism vs capitalism
by Burakow, Nicholas
- 929-950 A socialist model of economic development: The Polish and Bulgarian experiences
by Feiwell, George R.
- 951-964 Establishing self-governing socialism in a less developed country
by Horvat, Branko
- 965-970 Some properties of the Eastern European growth pattern
by Kornai, Janos
- 971-977 On the role of management in socialist development
by Zimbalist, Andrew
- 979-989 Agricultural productivity under socialism
by Ellman, Michael
- 991-1004 The optimal rate of industrialization in developed and developing centrally-planned economies: A general equilibrium approach
by Brada, Josef C. & Jackson, Marvin R. & King, Arthur E.
- 1005-1017 Human rights, Third World socialism and Cuba
by Pollis, Adamantia
- 1019-1037 Women's emancipation under socialism: A model for the Third World?
by Molyneux, Maxine
1981, Volume 9, Issue 8
- 701-705 The two World Wars and economic development: Editor's introduction
by Ingham, Barbara & Simmons, Colin
- 707-716 Latin American manufacturing and the First World War: An exploratory essay
by Miller, Rory
- 717-734 Latin America and the Great War: A preliminary survey of developments in Chile, Peru, Argentina and Brazil
by Albert, Bill & Henderson, Paul
- 735-748 The First World War and the origins of the dual policy of development in Kenya 1914-1922
by Spencer, Ian R. G.
- 749-771 Imperial dictate: The effect of the two World Wars on the Indian coal industry
by Simmons, Colin
- 773-791 Engineering and the First World War: A case study of the Lancashire cotton spinning machine industry
by Kirk, Robert & Simmons, Colin
- 793-802 The impact of war on Russian and Soviet development 1850-1950
by Gatrell, Peter
1981, Volume 9, Issue 7
- 589-600 Implications of the effective revaluation of reserve asset gold: The case for a gold account for development
by Brodsky, David A. & Sampson, Gary P.
- 609-619 Reserve currency consolidation, gold policy and financial flows to developing countries: Mechanisms for an aid-augmented substitution account
by Bird, Graham
- 621-635 Redistribution, demand structure and factor requirements: The case of India
by Berry, Roger
- 637-655 Manpower and educational shortages in the Arab world: An interim strategy
by Paul Shaw, R.
- 657-678 Pirates and invaders: Land acquisition in urban Colombia and Venezuela
by Gilbert, Alan
- 679-694 State trading organizations: A bias decision model and applications
by Saulniers, Alfred
- 695-699 Indicators of development and data availability: The case of the PQLI
by Brodsky, David A. & Rodrik, Dani
1981, Volume 9, Issue 6
- 499-514 Toward a service-oriented growth strategy
by Baer, Werner & Samuelson, Larry
- 515-537 The changing post-war pattern of development: The accumulated wisdom of Samir Amin
by Schiffer, Jonathan
- 539-555 The refsnes seminar: Economic theory and north-south negotiations
by Helleiner, Gerald K.
- 557-562 Massive transfers and mutual interests
by Seers, Dudley
- 563-568 An analysis of drawings on the international monetary fund by developing countries
by Bird, Graham & Orme, Timothy
- 569-582 The military in politics: Who benefits and how
by Ball, Nicole
- 583-585 Beyond the slogan of South-South co-operation
by Goetz, Arturo L.
1981, Volume 9, Issue 5
- 401-427 Indicators of rural inequality
by Castro, Alfonso Peter & Hakansson, N. Thomas & Brokensha, David
- 429-434 Dependence and industrialization strategies
by Roemer, Michael
- 435-452 North-South interdependence: The case of the Federal Republic of Germany
by Schultz, Siegfried & Schumacher, Dieter & Wilkens, Herbert
- 453-463 Firm-level export performance in an inward-looking economy: The Indian engineering industry
by Lall, Sanjaya & Kumar, Rajiv
- 465-483 The funding of development research
by Gorman, Lyn
- 485-494 The influence of trade and commercial barriers on the industrial processing of natural resources
by Yeats, Alexander J.
- 495-498 Reply
by Wall, David
1981, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 321-336 Sources of innovation in agricultural technology
by Biggs, Stephen D. & Clay, Edward J.
- 337-353 Measurement of deprivation and poverty based on the proportion spent on food: An exploratory exercise
by Bhanoji Rao, V. V.
- 355-371 Productivity, mechanization and skills: A test of the Hirschman hypothesis for Latin American industry
by Teitel, Simon
- 373-382 The determinants of export subsidiary formation by US transnationals in developing countries: An inter-industry analysis
by Kirkpatrick, Colin & Yamin, M.
- 383-387 Non-multinational firms and transfer of technology to less developed countries
by Alam, Ghayur & Langrish, John
- 389-397 Development statistics and correlations: A comment on Hicks and Streeten
by McGranahan, Donald & Richard, Claude & Pizarro, Eduardo
- 399-399 Reply
by Hicks, Norman & Streeten, Paul
1981, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 221-226 Economic development in a changing world
by Griffin, Keith
- 227-250 Fostering the capital-goods sector in LDCs
by Pack, Howard
- 251-262 Development planning and appropriate technology: A dilemma and a proposal
by Ellis, Gene