The Partnered Core of a Game with Side Payments
AbstractAn outcome of a game is partnered if there are no asymmetric dependencies between any two players. For a cooperative game, a payoff is in the partnered core of the game if it is partnered, feasible and cannot be improved upon by any coalition of players. We show that the relative interior of the core of a game with side payments is contained in the partnered core. For quasi-strictly convex games the partnered core coincides with the relative interior of the core. When there are no more than three partnerships, the sums of the payoffs to partnerships are constant across all core payoffs. When there are no more than three players, the partnered core satisfies additional properties.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Vanderbilt University Department of Economics in its series Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers with number 0917.
Date of creation: Oct 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/econ/wparchive/index.html
Partnership; core; cooperative game; convex game; separating collections of sets; minimal partnership; coalition structure games; partitioning games; kernel;
Other versions of this item:
- Reny,Philip & Winter,Eyal & Wooders,Myrna, . "The partnered core of a game with side payments," Discussion Paper Serie B 258, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Reny, P.J. & Winter, E. & Wooders, M.H., 1993. "The Partenered Core of a Game With Side Payments," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9317, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2009-12-19 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2009-12-19 (Microeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Page Jr., Frank H. & Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1996. "The Partnered Core of an Economy and the Partnered Competitive Equilibrium," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 143-152, August.
- Luis Sanchez-Mier, 2005. "A Theory of Political Influence and Economic Organization," Department of Economics and Finance Working Papers EC200504, Universidad de Guanajuato, Department of Economics and Finance.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.