Regulation and Deregulation of the U.S. Banking Industry: Causes, Consequences and Implications for the Future
In: Economic Regulation and Its Reform: What Have We Learned?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 12571.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George J. Stigler, 1971. "The Theory of Economic Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(1), pages 3-21, Spring.
- W. Scott Frame & Lawrence J. White, 2004.
"Fussing and fuming over Fannie and Freddie: how much smoke, how much fire?,"
2004-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- W. Scott Frame & Lawrence J. White, 2005. "Fussing and Fuming over Fannie and Freddie: How Much Smoke, How Much Fire?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(2), pages 159-184, Spring.
- Lawrence White & W. Scott Frame, 2004. "Fussing and Fuming over Fannie and Freddie: How Much Smoke, How Much Fire?," Working Papers 04-27, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2004:x:5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2004:x:12 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2004:x:11 is not listed on IDEAS
- White, Eugene, 1995. "Deposit insurance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1541, The World Bank.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2004:x:2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicola Cetorelli, 2003.
"Life-cycle dynamics in industrial sectors: the role of banking market structure,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 135-148.
- Nicola Cetorelli, 2002. "Life-cycle dynamics in industrial sectors. The role of banking market structure," Working Paper Series WP-02-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Huertas, Thomas F., 1983. "The Regulation and Reform of the American Banking System, 1900–1929. By Eugene Nelson White. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1983. Pp. 251," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(04), pages 1043-1044, December.
- Simon H. Kwan & Elizabeth S. Laderman, 1999. "On the portfolio effects of financial convergence - a review of the literature," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 18-31.
- Mark Flannery & Katherine Samolyk, 2005. "Payday lending: do the costs justify the price?," Proceedings 949, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2004:x:8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Christian T. Lundblad, 2003.
"Equity Market Liberalization in Emerging Markets,"
Journal of Financial Research,
Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 26(3), pages 275-299.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:2002:i:may:p:509-535 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2004:x:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abrams, Burton A & Settle, Russell F, 1993. " Pressure-Group Influence and Institutional Change: Branch-Banking Legislation during the Great Depression," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 77(4), pages 687-705, December.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2004:x:10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fausto Hernández Trillo, 1997. "The Banking and Financial Structure in the NAFTA Countries and Chile, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997, XX + 266 p. Regulation and Supervision of Financial Institutions in the NAFTA Countries and Beyo," Economia Mexicana NUEVA EPOCA, , vol. 0(1), pages 163-166, January-J.
- Raymond W. Goldsmith, 1958. "Financial Intermediaries in the American Economy Since 1900," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gold58-1, December.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Kahn, Charles M, 1991. "The Role of Demandable Debt in Structuring Optimal Banking Arrangements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 497-513, June.
- Simon Kwan & Robert A. Eisenbeis, 1999. "Mergers of publicly traded banking organizations revisited," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q4, pages 26-37.
- Edwards,Jeremy & Fischer,Klaus, 1996. "Banks, Finance and Investment in Germany," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521566087, October.
- Kris James Mitchener, 2006. "Are Prudential Supervision and Regulation Pillars of Financial Stability? Evidence from the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 12074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.