On the wealth and risk effects of commercial bank expansion into securities underwriting: An analysis of Section 20 subsidiaries1
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 22 (1998)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Staikouras, Sotiris K., 2009. "An event study analysis of international ventures between banks and insurance firms," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 675-691, October.
- Victoria Geyfman, 2005. "Banks in the securities business: market-based risk implications of section 20 subsidiaries," Working Papers 05-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Kwan, Simon H., 2003. "Impact of deposit rate deregulation in Hong Kong on the market value of commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2231-2248, December.
- Neale, Faith R. & Peterson, Pamela P., 2005. "The effect of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act on the insurance industry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 317-338.
- Gilbert, Erika W. & Scott, William L., 2001. "The Financial Modernization Act: new perspectives for the finance curriculum," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-4), pages 197-208.
- Yeager, Timothy J. & Yeager, Fred C. & Harshman, Ellen, 2007. "The Financial Services Modernization Act: Evolution or Revolution?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 313-339.
- Narayanan, Rajesh P. & Rangan, Nanda K. & Sundaram, Sridhar, 2002. "Welfare effects of expanding banking organization opportunities in the securities arena," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 505-527.
- Allen N. Berger & Rebecca S. Demsetz & Philip E. Strahan, 1998.
"The consolidation of the financial services industry: causes, consequences, and implications for the future,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1998-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berger, Allen N. & Demsetz, Rebecca S. & Strahan, Philip E., 1999. "The consolidation of the financial services industry: Causes, consequences, and implications for the future," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 135-194, February.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Martin, Anna D., 2006. "Valuation impact of Sarbanes-Oxley: Evidence from disclosure and governance within the financial services industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 989-1006, March.
- Carow, Kenneth A. & Kane, Edward J., 2002.
"Event-study evidence of the value of relaxing long-standing regulatory restraints on banks, 1970-2000,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 439-463.
- Kenneth A. Carow & Edward J. Kane, 2001. "Event-Study Evidence of the Value of Relaxing Longstanding Regulatory Restraints on Banks, 1970-2000," NBER Working Papers 8594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon H. Kwan, 2001. "Impact of deposit rate deregulation in Hong Kong on the market value of commercial banks," Working Paper Series 2001-11, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- George Alessandria & Horag Choi, 2005.
"Do sunk costs of exporting matter for net export dynamics?,"
05-20, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- George Alessandria & Horag Choi, 2007. "Do Sunk Costs of Exporting Matter for Net Export Dynamics?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 122(1), pages 289-336, 02.
- Fields, L. Paige & Fraser, Donald R., 2004. "Effects of IPO mispricing on the risk and reputational capital of commercial banks," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 65-77.
- Narayanan, Rajesh P. & Rangan, Nanda K. & Sundaram, Sridhar, 2003. "Relaxing Glass-Steagall provisions: wealth and risk effects on foreign banks and their domestic corporate customers," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4-5), pages 465-482, December.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Martin, Anna D. & Newman, Melinda, 2003. "Exchange rate exposure and valuation effects of cross-border acquisitions," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 255-269, July.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Whyte, Ann Marie, 2003. "Changes in market assessments of bank risk following the Riegle-Neal Act of 1994," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 87-102, January.
- Whalen, Gary W., 2008. "The impact of preemption of the Georgia Fair Lending Act by the OCC on national and state banks and the dual banking system," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 772-791, November.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Martin, Anna D., 2008. "Influence of disclosure and governance on risk of US financial services firms following Sarbanes-Oxley," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2124-2135, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.