Scale and technical efficiency in the production of economic research
AbstractData envelopment analysis is applied to the research assessment exercise data collected by the Higher Education Funding Councils in 1992, to study the relative performance of UK university departments of economics. The analysis throws light on returns to scale and on the characteristics deemed desirable by the peer review panel.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 2 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johnes, Jill & Johnes, Geraint, 1995. "Neither poison nor panacea," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 317-318, September.
- Doyle, J. R. & Arthurs, A. J. & Green, R. H. & McAulay, L. & Pitt, M. R. & Bottomley, P. A. & Evans, W., 1996. "The judge, the model of the judge, and the model of the judged as judge: Analyses of the UK 1992 research assessment exercise data for business and management studies," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 13-28, February.
- Ville, Simon & Pol, Eduardo, 2008.
"Social Innovation: Buzz Word Or Enduring Term?,"
Economics Working Papers
wp08-09, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Worthington, Andrew C. & Lee, Boon L., 2008.
"Efficiency, technology and productivity change in Australian universities, 1998-2003,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 285-298, June.
- Andrew Worthington & Boon L. Lee, 2005. "Efficiency, technology and productivity change in Australian universities, 1998-2003," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 195, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Malcolm Abbott & Hristos Doucouliagos, 2004.
"Research output of Australian universities,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 251-265.
- Lehmann, Erik E. & Warning, Susanne, 2010. "The impact of regional endowment and university characteristics on university efficiency," UO Working Papers 04-10, University of Augsburg, Chair of Management and Organization.
- Lehmann, Erik & Warning, Susanne, 2002. "Teaching or research? What affects the efficiency of universities," Discussion Papers, Series 1 322, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Martín Rivero, Raquel, 2007. "La eficiencia productiva en el ámbito universitario: aspectos claves para su evaluación/The Productive Efficiency in the University: Key Aspects for its Evaluation," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 25, pages 793-812, Diciembre.
- AT Flegg & DO Allen & K Field & TW Thurlow, 2003. "Measuring the Efficiency and Productivity of British Universities: An Application of DEA and the Malmquist Approach," Working Papers 0304, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.