A dual simplex-based method for determination of the right and left returns to scale in DEA
AbstractThis study reviews the concept of the "right" and the "left" returns to scale (RTS) in data envelopment analysis (DEA), and a dual simplex-based method, for determining these two notions in RTS, is proposed, which has computational advantages as compared to the customary method.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 194 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
DEA Returns to scale Linear programming Dual-simplex algorithm;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Soleimani-damaneh, M. & Jahanshahloo, G.R. & Reshadi, M., 2006. "On the estimation of returns-to-scale in FDH models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(2), pages 1055-1059, October.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Cooper, William W. & Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M. & Zhu, Joe, 2004. "Returns to scale in different DEA models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 345-362, April.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Banker, R. D. & Bardhan, I. & Cooper, W. W., 1996. "A note on returns to scale in DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 583-585, February.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Banker, Rajiv D., 1984. "Estimating most productive scale size using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-44, July.
- Golany, Boaz & Yu, Gang, 1997. "Estimating returns to scale in DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 28-37, November.
- Hadjicostas, Petros & Soteriou, Andreas C., 2006. "One-sided elasticities and technical efficiency in multi-output production: A theoretical framework," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 425-449, January.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Thrall, R. M., 1992. "Estimation of returns to scale using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 74-84, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.