Exchange rate determination: a theory of the decisive role of central bank cooperation and conflict
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Economics and Economic Policy.
Volume (Year): 9 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=111059
Central bank; Cooperation; Conflict; Exchange rate; Experiment; Market power; F310; F330; B400; B590; C790; C900; C910; C920;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grandmont Jean-michel, 1983.
"On endogenous competitive business cycles,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Pope, Robin & Leitner, Johannes & Leopold-Wildburger, Ulrike, 2009. "Expected utility versus the changes in knowledge ahead," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 199(3), pages 892-901, December.
- Rogoff, Kenneth S., 2001.
"Why Not a Global Currency?,"
11129183, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Kenneth Rogoff, 2001. "Why Not a Global Currency?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 243-247, May.
- Charles Engel & Nelson C. Mark & Kenneth D. West, 2008.
"Exchange Rate Models Are Not As Bad As You Think,"
in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2007, Volume 22, pages 381-441
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carol L. Osler, 2001. "Currency orders and exchange-rate dynamics: explaining the success of technical analysis," Staff Reports, Federal Reserve Bank of New York 125, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Stein, Jeremy C, 1991.
"Exchange Rates and Foreign Direct Investment: An Imperfect Capital Markets Approach,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press,
MIT Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1191-217, November.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Jeremy C. Stein, 1992. "Exchange Rates and Foreign Direct Investment: An Imperfect Capital Markets Approach," NBER Working Papers 2914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carol Osler, 2000. "Support for resistance: technical analysis and intraday exchange rates," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 53-68.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2004.
"The Modern History of Exchange Rate Arrangements: A Reinterpretation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press,
MIT Press, vol. 119(1), pages 1-48, February.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2002. "The Modern History of Exchange Rate Arrangements: A Reinterpretation," NBER Working Papers 8963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2004. "The modern history of exchange rate arrangements: A reinterpretation," MPRA Paper 14070, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robin Pope & Reinhard Selten & Sebastian Kube, 2009. "Nominalist Heuristics and Economic Theory," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers, University of Bonn, Germany bgse17_2009, University of Bonn, Germany.
- David Cobham, 2006. "The Overvaluation of Sterling Since 1996: How the Policy makers Responded and Why," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(512), pages F185-F207, 06.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2002.
"Fear of floating,"
14000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McKinnon, Ronald & Schnabl, Gunther, 2006. "Devaluing the dollar: A critical analysis of William Cline's case for a New Plaza Agreement," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 683-694, September.
- Wang, Yajie & Hui, Xiaofeng & Soofi, Abdol S., 2007. "Estimating renminbi (RMB) equilibrium exchange rate," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 417-429.
- Paul Welfens, 2008. "Portfolio modelling and growth in open economies," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 237-253, November.
- Drèze, Jacques H. & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques, 2008.
"Sequentially complete markets remain incomplete,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 445-447, September.
- DREZE, Jacques H. & HERINGS, Jean-Jacques P., . "Sequentially complete markets remain incomplete," CORE Discussion Papers RP, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) -2034, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- DRÈZE, Jacques & HERINGS, Jean-Jacques, 2003. "Sequentially complete markets remain incomplete," CORE Discussion Papers, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) 2003085, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Drèze,Jacques H. & Herings,P. Jean-Jacques, 2003. "Sequentially complete Markets Remain Incomplete," Research Memorandum 058, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- McKie, John & Richardson, Jeff, 2003. "The Rule of Rescue," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 56(12), pages 2407-2419, June.
- Hausken, Kjell & Plumper, Thomas, 2002. " Containing Contagious Financial Crises: The Political Economy of Joint Intervention into the Asian Crisis," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 111(3-4), pages 209-36, June.
- Meese, Richard A. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1983. "Empirical exchange rate models of the seventies : Do they fit out of sample?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 3-24, February.
- Richardson, Jeff & McKie, John, 2007. "Economic evaluation of services for a National Health Scheme: The case for a fairness-based framework," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 785-799, July.
- Ralf Ahrens & Stefan Reitz, 2004. "Heterogeneous expectations in the foreign exchange market," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 65-82, January.
- John McMillan & Drucilla Ekwurzel, 2001. "Economics Online," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(1), pages 7-10, March.
- Barry Eichengreen & Charles Wyplosz, 1993. "The Unstable EMS," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 24(1), pages 51-144.
- Robin Pope & Reinhard Selten & Sebastian Kube & Jürgen von Hagen, 2006. "Experimental Evidence on the Benefits of Eliminating Exchange Rate Uncertainties and Why Expected Utility Theory causes Economists to Miss Them," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena, University of Siena 010, University of Siena.
- Hahn, F., 1992. "A Remark on Incomplete Market Equilibrium," Papers, Cambridge - Risk, Information & Quantity Signals 179, Cambridge - Risk, Information & Quantity Signals.
- David Cobham, 2002. "The Exchange Rate as a Source of Disturbances: The UK 1979-2000," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 181(1), pages 96-112, July.
- Bonpasse, Morrison, 2006. "The Single Global Currency: Common Cents for the World," MPRA Paper 1175, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christopher J. Neely & Paul A. Weller, 2011. "Technical analysis in the foreign exchange market," Working Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis 2011-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.