Successes in African Agriculture: Results of an Expert Survey
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 32 (2004)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eicher, Carl K., 1999. "Institutions and the African Farmer," Distinguished Economist Lectures 7660, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- William A. Masters & Margaret S. McMillan, 2000.
"Climate and Scale In Economic Growth,"
CID Working Papers
48, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- William A Masters and Margaret S McMillan, 2000. "Climate and Scale in Economic Growth," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2000-13, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Margaret S. McMillan & William A. Masters, 2000. "Climate and scale in economic growth," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-13, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Masters, William A. & McMillan, Margaret S., 2001. "Climate And Scale In Economic Growth," Miscellaneous Papers 11845, Agecon Search.
- Conelly, W. Thomas, 1998. "Colonial era livestock development policy: Introduction of improved dairy cattle in high-potential farming areas of Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 1733-1748, September.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Roseboom, Johannes & Beintema, Nienke M., 1997.
"Investments in african agricultural research,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 409-423, March.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Bart Minten, 1999.
"Property rights in a flea market economy,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
1999-25, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Bart Minten, 1999. "Property rights in a flea market economy," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/1999-25, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Minten, Bart, 1999. "Property rights in a flea market economy," MTID discussion papers 27, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Coulibaly, Ousmane N., 1998. "Policy and competitiveness of agroforestry-based technologies for maize production in Cameroon: An application of policy analysis matrix," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 1-13, September.
- Svedberg, Peter, 1999. "841 Million Undernourished?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2081-2098, December.
- John C. Beghin & David Roland-Holst & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 2002.
"Global Agricultural Trade and the Doha Round: What are the Implications for North and South?,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
02-wp308, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- John C. Beghin & David Roland-Holst & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 2002. "Global Agricultural Trade and the Doha Round: What are the Implications for North and South?," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 02-wp308, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Alston, Julian M. & Pardey, Philip G. & Roseboom, Johannes, 1998. "Financing agricultural research: International investment patterns and policy perspectives," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1057-1071, June.
- Jayne, T. S. & Govereh, J. & Mwanaumo, A. & Nyoro, J. K. & Chapoto, A., 2002. "False Promise or False Premise? The Experience of Food and Input Market Reform in Eastern and Southern Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1967-1985, November.
- Kherallah, Mylène & Delgado, Christopher L. & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Minot, Nicholas & Johnson, Michael, 2002. "Reforming agricultural markets in Africa," Food policy statements 38, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Masters, William A. & Bedingar, Touba & Oehmke, James F., 1998. "The impact of agricultural research in Africa: aggregate and case study evidence," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 81-86, September.
- Diarra, Salifou Bakary & Staatz, John M. & Bingen, R. James & Dembele, Niama Nango, 1999. "The Reform Of Rice Milling And Marketing In The Office Du Niger: Catalyst For An Agricultural Success Story In Mali," Staff Papers 11729, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Eicher, Carl K., 1995. "Zimbabwe's maize-based Green Revolution: Preconditions for replication," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 805-818, May.
- Jaffee, S. & Gordon, P., 1993. "Exporting High-Value Food Commodities: Success Stories from Developing Countries," World Bank - Discussion Papers 198, World Bank.
- Staal, Steven & Delgado, Christopher & Nicholson, Charles, 1997. "Smallholder dairying under transactions costs in East Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 779-794, May.
- Ahmadou Aly Mbaye & Stephen Golub, 2002. "Unit Labour Costs, International Competitiveness, and Exports: The Case of Senegal," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 11(2), pages 219-248, June.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 2001. "Tropical Underdevelopment," NBER Working Papers 8119, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:fth:oxesaf:99-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wiggins, Steve, 2000. "Interpreting Changes from the 1970s to the 1990s in African Agriculture Through Village Studies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 631-662, April.
- Vandana Chandra, 2006. "Technology, Adaptation, and Exports : How Some Developing Countries Got It Right," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7118, January.
- Aklilu, H.A. & Udo, H.M.J. & Almekinders, C.J.M. & Van der Zijpp, A.J., 2008. "How resource poor households value and access poultry: Village poultry keeping in Tigray, Ethiopia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-3), pages 175-183, March.
- Michael Herrmann, 2009. "Food Security And Agricultural Development In Times Of High Commodity Prices," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 196, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Diao, Xinshen & Johnson, Michael, 2005. "Achieving regional growth dynamics in African agriculture," DSGD discussion papers 17, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Faye, Issa & Deininger, Klaus W., 2005. "Do new delivery systems improve extension access? Evidence from rural Uganda," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19405, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2011. "Distribution of welfare gains from GM cassava in Uganda across different population groups and market margins," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(1), March.
- Folberth, Christian & Yang, Hong & Gaiser, Thomas & Abbaspour, Karim C. & Schulin, Rainer, 2013. "Modeling maize yield responses to improvement in nutrient, water and cultivar inputs in sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 22-34.
- Pascal Sanginga & Jackson Tumwine & Nina Lilja, 2006. "Patterns of participation in farmers’ research groups: Lessons from the highlands of southwestern Uganda," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 501-512, December.
- Kaminski, Jonathan & Headey, Derek D. & Bernard, Tanguy, 2010.
"The Burkinabe Cotton Story 1999-2007: Sustainable Success of Sub-Saharan Mirage?,"
93137, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Kaminski, Jonathan & Headey, Derek & Bernard, Tanguy, 2011. "The Burkinabè Cotton Story 1992-2007: Sustainable Success or Sub-Saharan Mirage?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1460-1475, August.
- World Bank, 2007. "Angola : Oil, Broad-Based Growth, and Equity," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6759, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.