Systems of innovation theory and the changing architecture of agricultural research in Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 30 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anderson, Jock R., 1998. "Selected policy issues in international agricultural research: On striving for international public goods in an era of donor fatigue," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1149-1162, June.
- Uma Lele & Christopher Gerrard, 2003. "Global Public Goods, Global Programs, and Global Policies: Some Initial Findings from a World Bank Evaluation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(3), pages 686-691.
- Byerlee, Derek, 1998. "The search for a new paradigm for the development of national agricultural research systems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1049-1055, June.
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Pingali, P. L. & Traxler, G., 2002. "Changing locus of agricultural research: will the poor benefit from biotechnology and privatization trends?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 223-238, June.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Roseboom, Johannes & Beintema, Nienke M., 1995.
"Investments in African agricultural research:,"
EPTD discussion papers
14, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Biggs, Stephen D., 1990. "A multiple source of innovation model of agricultural research and technology promotion," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(11), pages 1481-1499, November.
- Mowery, David & Rosenberg, Nathan, 1979. "The influence of market demand upon innovation: a critical review of some recent empirical studies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 102-153, April.
- Clark, Norman & Hall, Andy & Sulaiman, Rasheed & Naik, Guru, 2003. "Research as Capacity Building: The Case of an NGO Facilitated Post-Harvest Innovation System for the Himalayan Hills," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1845-1863, November.
- Hall, Andrew & Bockett, Geoffrey & Taylor, Sarah & Sivamohan, M. V. K . & Clark, Norman, 2001. "Why Research Partnerships Really Matter: Innovation Theory, Institutional Arrangements and Implications for Developing New Technology for the Poor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 783-797, May.
- Norman Clark, 2002. "Innovation Systems, Institutional Change And The New Knowledge Market: Implications For Third World Agricultural Development," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4-5), pages 353-368.
- J. David Reece & James Sumberg & Ludovic Pommier, 2004. "Matching Technologies with Potential End Users: A Knowledge Engineering Approach for Agricultural Research Management," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 25-40.
- Masters, William A. & Bedingar, Touba & Oehmke, James F., 1998. "The impact of agricultural research in Africa: aggregate and case study evidence," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 81-86, September.
- Rukuni, Mandivamba & Blackie, Malcolm J. & Eicher, Carl K., 1998. "Crafting smallholder-driven agricultural research systems in Southern Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1073-1087, June.
- Walsh, Vivien, 1996. "Design, innovation and the boundaries of the firm," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 509-529, June.
- Thirtle, Colin & Lin, Lin & Piesse, Jenifer, 2003.
"The Impact of Research-Led Agricultural Productivity Growth on Poverty Reduction in Africa, Asia and Latin America,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1959-1975, December.
- Thirtle, Colin G. & Lin, Lin & Piesse, Jenifer, 2003. "The Impact Of Research Led Agricultural Productivity Growth On Poverty Reduction In Africa, Asia And Latin America," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25834, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Oehmke, James F. & Crawford, Eric W., 1993. "The Impact of Agricultural Technology in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Synthesis of Symposium Findings," Food Security International Development Papers 54058, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Carlsson, Bo & Jacobsson, Staffan & Holmen, Magnus & Rickne, Annika, 2002. "Innovation systems: analytical and methodological issues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 233-245, February.
- Hall, Andrew & Rasheed Sulaiman, V. & Clark, Norman & Yoganand, B., 2003. "From measuring impact to learning institutional lessons: an innovation systems perspective on improving the management of international agricultural research," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 213-241, November.
- Frank Ellis, 1998. "Household strategies and rural livelihood diversification," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 1-38.
- Geels, Frank W., 2004. "From sectoral systems of innovation to socio-technical systems: Insights about dynamics and change from sociology and institutional theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6-7), pages 897-920, September.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Roseboom, Johannes & Beintema, Nienke M. & Chan-Kang, Connie, 1999. "Cost aspects of African agricultural research:," EPTD discussion papers 42, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Thirtle, Colin & Beyers, Lindie & Ismael, Yousouf & Piesse, Jenifer, 2003. "Can GM-Technologies Help the Poor? The Impact of Bt Cotton in Makhathini Flats, KwaZulu-Natal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 717-732, April.
- Biggs, Stephen D. & Clay, Edward J., 1981. "Sources of innovation in agricultural technology," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 321-336, April.
- Rex Uzonna Ukaejiofo, 2013. "Technological Innovation Capacity: Impact Factors in National Agricultural Research Organisations in Nigeria," Asian Journal of Agriculture and rural Development, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(4), pages 163-168, April.
- Kilelu, Catherine W. & Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees, 2013. "Unravelling the role of innovation platforms in supporting co-evolution of innovation: Contributions and tensions in a smallholder dairy development programme," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 65-77.
- Kilelu, Catherine W. & Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees & Hall, Andy, 2011.
"Beyond knowledge brokerage: An exploratory study of innovation intermediaries in an evolving smallholder agricultural system in Kenya,"
UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series
022, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Kilelu, Catherine W. & Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees & Hall, Andy, 2011. "Beyond knowledge brokerage: An exploratory study of innovation intermediaries in an evolving smallholder agricultural system in Kenya," MERIT Working Papers 022, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Klerkx, Laurens & Nettle, Ruth, 2013. "Achievements and challenges of innovation co-production support initiatives in the Australian and Dutch dairy sectors: A comparative study," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 74-89.
- Poncet, J. & Kuper, M. & Chiche, J., 2010. "Wandering off the paths of planned innovation: The role of formal and informal intermediaries in a large-scale irrigation scheme in Morocco," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(4), pages 171-179, May.
- Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees, 2008. "Matching demand and supply in the agricultural knowledge infrastructure: Experiences with innovation intermediaries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 260-276, June.
- Acosta, Manuel & Coronado, Daniel & Toribio, MÂª Rosario, 2011. "The use of scientific knowledge by Spanish agrifood firms," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 507-516, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.