July 2009, Volume 91, Issue 2
- 195-203 French pediatricians' knowledge, attitudes, beliefs towards and practices in the management of weight problems in children
by Franc, Carine & Van Gerwen, Maaike & Le Vaillant, Marc & Rosman, Sophia & Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie
- 204-210 Comparison of outcomes and costs after hip fracture surgery in three hospitals that have different care systems in Japan
by Kondo, Akiko & Zierler, Brenda K. & Isokawa, Yayoi & Hagino, Hiroshi & Ito, Yayoi
- 211-218 Willingness to pay for weight-control treatment
by Liu, Jin-Tan & Tsou, Meng-Wen & Hammitt, James K.
June 2009, Volume 91, Issue 1
- 1-9 The new cooperative medical scheme in China
by You, Xuedan & Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 10-16 Obesity in the UK: A review and comparative analysis of policies within the devolved administrations
by Musingarimi, Primrose
- 17-23 Contracting-in management to strengthen publicly financed primary health services--The experience of Punjab, Pakistan
by Loevinsohn, Benjamin & Haq, Inaam ul & Couffinhal, Agnes & Pande, Aakanksha
- 24-32 Unmet healthcare need, gender, and health inequalities in Canada
by Bryant, Toba & Leaver, Chad & Dunn, James
- 33-42 Is the selection of patients for anti-retroviral treatment in Uganda fair?: A qualitative study
by Sofaer, Neema & Kapiriri, Lydia & Atuyambe, Lynn M. & Otolok-Tanga, Erasmus & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 43-56 Challenges for performance assessment and improvement in primary health care: The case of the Portuguese health centres
by Amado, Carla Alexandra da Encarnação Filipe & Santos, Sérgio Pereira dos
- 57-62 The core determinants of health expenditure in the African context: Some econometric evidence for policy
by Murthy, Vasudeva N.R. & Okunade, Albert A.
- 63-70 What does it mean to trust a health system?: A qualitative study of Canadian health care values
by Abelson, Julia & Miller, Fiona A. & Giacomini, Mita
- 71-78 Perceptions of medical malpractice and medical malpractice reform among first- and fourth-year medical students
by Kelly, Erin T. & Miller, Edward A.
- 79-88 Commissioning NHS dentistry in England: Issues for decision-makers managing the new contract with finite resources
by Holmes, Richard D. & Bate, Angela & Steele, Jimmy G. & Donaldson, Cam
- 89-93 Study of awareness among pregnant women of the effects of drugs on the fetus and mother in Iran
by Mashayekhi, Simin O. & Dilmaghanizadeh, Maryam & Fardiazar, Zahra & Bamdad-Moghadam, Roghayeh & Ghandforoush-Sattari, Fahimeh
- 94-101 Dental service utilization and costs before and after introduction of fluoride gel application for preschool children in Taiwan
by Chen, Shu-Fen & Lin, Herng-Ching
- 102-105 List of referees 2008
by Kesteloot, Katrien
May 2009, Volume 90, Issue 2-3
- 125-132 Medical education program with obligatory rural service: Analysis of factors associated with obligation compliance
by Matsumoto, Masatoshi & Kajii, Eiji
- 133-139 Traditional Chinese medicine in the Chinese health care system
by Xu, Judy & Yang, Yue
- 140-148 Economic incentives in general practice: The impact of pay-for-participation and pay-for-compliance programs on diabetes care
by Lippi Bruni, Matteo & Nobilio, Lucia & Ugolini, Cristina
- 149-155 Organizational elements of health service related to a reduction in maternal mortality: The cases of Chile and Colombia
by Ruiz-Rodríguez, Myriam & Wirtz, Veronika J. & Nigenda, Gustavo
- 156-165 Accreditation at a crossroads: Are we on the right track?
by Touati, Nassera & Pomey, Marie-Pascale
- 166-174 Necessary organizational changes according to Burke-Litwin model in the head nurses system of management in healthcare and social welfare institutions--The Slovenia experience
by Filej, Bojana & Skela-Savic, Brigita & Vicic, Visnja H. & Hudorovic, Narcis
- 175-180 Quality management and patient safety: Survey results from 102 Hungarian hospitals
by Makai, Peter & Klazinga, Niek & Wagner, Cordula & Boncz, Imre & Gulacsi, Lászlo
- 181-187 The medical practice of euthanasia in Belgium and The Netherlands: Legal notification, control and evaluation procedures
by Smets, Tinne & Bilsen, Johan & Cohen, Joachim & Rurup, Mette L. & De Keyser, Els & Deliens, Luc
- 188-195 Do non-profit nursing homes separate governance roles?: The impact of size and ownership characteristics
by Dewaelheyns, Nico & Eeckloo, Kristof & Van Herck, Gustaaf & Van Hulle, Cynthia & Vleugels, Arthur
- 196-205 Overcoming social and health inequalities among U.S. women of reproductive age--Challenges to the nation's health in the 21st century
by Ebrahim, Shahul H. & Anderson, John E. & Correa-de-Araujo, Rosaly & Posner, Samuel F. & Atrash, Hani K.
- 206-213 Why financial incentives did not reach the poor tuberculosis patients? A qualitative study of a Fidelis funded project in Shanxi, China
by Wei, Xiaolin & Walley, John & Zhao, Jin & Yao, Hongyan & Liu, Jianjun & Newell, James
- 214-222 The effect of community-based health insurance on the utilization of modern health care services: Evidence from Burkina Faso
by Gnawali, Devendra Prasad & Pokhrel, Subhash & Sié, Ali & Sanon, Mamadou & De Allegri, Manuela & Souares, Aurélia & Dong, Hengjin & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 223-229 Examining catastrophic costs and benefit incidence of subsidized antiretroviral treatment (ART) programme in south-east Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Dike, Nkem & Chukwuka, Chinwe & Uzochukwu, Benjamin & Onyedum, Cajetan & Onoka, Chima & Ichoku, Hyacinth
- 230-238 Transformational trends confounding the South Asian health systems
by Bonu, Sekhar & Gutierrez, Leah C. & Borghis, Alain & Roche, Frederick C.
- 239-246 Health information technology and physician perceptions of quality of care and satisfaction
by Davis, Karen & Doty, Michelle McEvoy & Shea, Katherine & Stremikis, Kristof
- 247-253 What drives health policy formulation: Insights from the Nepal maternity incentive scheme?
by Ensor, Tim & Clapham, Susan & Prasai, Devi Prasad
- 254-261 Impact of the elder abuse prevention and caregiver support law on system development among municipal governments in Japan
by Nakanishi, Miharu & Hoshishiba, Yumiko & Iwama, Nobuyuki & Okada, Tomoko & Kato, Etsuko & Takahashi, Hiroshi
- 262-269 Privatisation of health care in Slovenia in the period 1992-2008
by Albreht, Tit & Klazinga, Niek
- 270-276 Temporal trends in the relative cost of dying: Evidence from Canada
by Payne, Greg & Laporte, Audrey & Foot, David K. & Coyte, Peter C.
- 277-285 Price control as a strategy for pharmaceutical cost containment--What has been achieved in Norway in the period 1994-2004?
by Håkonsen, Helle & Horn, Anne Marie & Toverud, Else-Lydia
- 286-295 Assistant or substitute: Exploring the fit between national policy vision and local practice realities of assistant practitioner job descriptions
by Wakefield, Ann & Spilsbury, Karen & Atkin, Karl & McKenna, Hugh & Borglin, Gunilla & Stuttard, Lucy
- 296-302 The five-year impact of an evolving global epidemic, changing migration patterns, and policy changes in a regional Canadian HIV population
by Krentz, Hartmut & Gill, Michael John
- 303-312 Governing decentralization in health care under tough budget constraint: What can we learn from the Italian experience?
by Tediosi, Fabrizio & Gabriele, Stefania & Longo, Francesco
- 313-319 Balancing patient preferences and clinical needs: Community versus hospital based care for patients with suspected DVT
by Clark, Michael & Moro, Domenico & Szczepura, Ala
- 320-328 Experiences in the UK National Health Service: The overseas nurses' workforce
by Alexis, Obrey & Vydelingum, Vasso
April 2009, Volume 90, Issue 1
- 1-7 Engaging patients as safety partners: Some considerations for ensuring a culturally and linguistically appropriate approach
by Johnstone, Megan-Jane & Kanitsaki, Olga
- 8-12 Knowledge, attitudes, and practices about tuberculosis and choice of communication channels in a rural community in Vietnam
by Hoa, Nguyen Phuong & Chuc, Nguyen Thi Kim & Thorson, Anna
- 13-25 Framework for assessing governance of the health system in developing countries: Gateway to good governance
by Siddiqi, Sameen & Masud, Tayyeb I. & Nishtar, Sania & Peters, David H. & Sabri, Belgacem & Bile, Khalif M. & Jama, Mohamed A.
- 26-31 Enforcement of presumed-consent policy and willingness to donate organs as identified in the European Union Survey: The role of legislation in reinforcing ideology in pluralistic societies
by Verheijde, Joseph L. & Rady, Mohamed Y. & McGregor, Joan L. & Friederich-Murray, Catherine
- 32-36 Factors influencing antibiotic prescribing in China: An exploratory analysis
by Reynolds, Lucy & McKee, Martin
- 37-44 Values, institutions and shifting policy paradigms: Expansion of the Israeli National Health Insurance Basket of Services
by Chinitz, David & Meislin, Rachel & Alster-Grau, Ilana
- 45-57 Examining the attitudes and preferences of health care decision-makers in relation to access, equity and cost-effectiveness: A discrete choice experiment
by Ratcliffe, Julie & Bekker, Hilary L. & Dolan, Paul & Edlin, Richard
- 58-65 Engaging policy makers in road safety research in Malaysia: A theoretical and contextual analysis
by Tran, Nhan T. & Hyder, Adnan A. & Kulanthayan, Subramaniam & Singh, Suret & Umar, R.S. Radin
- 66-72 Perceived quality of communication amongst outpatients in western and traditional Chinese medicine clinics in a Chinese population
by Chung, Vincent Chi Ho & Lau, Chun Hong & Wong, Eric Ming Chung & Yeoh, Eng Kiong & Griffiths, Sian Meryl
- 73-80 From the point-of-purchase perspective: A qualitative study of the feasibility of interventions aimed at portion-size
by Vermeer, Willemijn M. & Steenhuis, Ingrid H.M. & Seidell, Jacob C.
- 81-88 Priority setting for technology adoption at a hospital level: Relevant issues from the literature
by Lettieri, Emanuele & Masella, Cristina
- 89-93 The effect of an area-based intervention on breastfeeding rates in Victoria, Australia
by Kelaher, Margaret & Dunt, David & Feldman, Peter & Nolan, Andrea & Raban, Bridie
- 94-103 Making performance indicators work: The experience of using consensus indicators for external assessment of health and social services at regional level in Spain
by Hilarion, Pilar & Suol, Rosa & Groene, Oliver & Vallejo, Paula & Herrera, Elisabeth & Saura, Rosa Maria
- 104-112 The political use of poll results about public support for a privatized healthcare system in Canada
by Contandriopoulos, Damien & Bilodeau, Henriette
March 2009, Volume 89, Issue 3
- 252-260 International perspectives on the cost-effectiveness of tandem mass spectrometry for rare metabolic conditions
by Norman, Richard & Haas, Marion & Wilcken, Bridget
- 261-270 Use of economic evaluation in local health care decision-making in England: A qualitative investigation
by Eddama, Oya & Coast, Joanna
- 271-278 Evaluation of Croatian model of polycentric health planning and decision making
by Sogoric, Selma & Dzakula, Aleksandar & Rukavina, Tea Vukusic & Grozic-Zivolic, Sonja & Lazaric-Zec, Danijela & Dzono-Boban, Ankica & Brborovic, Ognjen & Lang, Slobodan & Vuletic, Silvije
- 279-287 Is certainty more important than diagnosis for understanding race and gender disparities?: An experiment using coronary heart disease and depression case vignettes
by Lutfey, Karen E. & Link, Carol L. & Grant, Richard W. & Marceau, Lisa D. & McKinlay, John B.
- 288-294 Which physicians have access to electronic prescribing and which ones end up using it?
by Pagn, Jos A. & Pratt, William R. & Sun, Jun
- 295-302 Medicine access and utilization in a population covered by primary health care in Brazil
by Bertoldi, Andra Dmaso & de Barros, Alusio Jardim Dornellas & Wagner, Anita & Ross-Degnan, Dennis & Hallal, Pedro Curi
- 303-311 Estimation of avoidable skin cancers and cost-savings to government associated with regulation of the solarium industry in Australia
by Hirst, Nicholas & Gordon, Louisa & Gies, Peter & Green, Adle C.
- 312-321 Services production and patient satisfaction in primary care
by Grytten, Jostein & Carlsen, Fredrik & Skau, Irene
- 322-328 Breast milk as the "water that supports and preserves life"--Socio-cultural constructions of breastfeeding and their implications for the prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV in sub-Saharan Africa
by Hofmann, Jennifer & De Allegri, Manuela & Sarker, Malabika & Sanon, Mamadou & Bhler, Thomas
- 329-331 Is renal transplantation the most cost-effective and preferable therapy for patients suffering from end-stage renal disease or not?
by Niakas, Dimitris & Kontodimopoulos, Nick
February 2009, Volume 89, Issue 2
- 149-159 Estimation of hospital efficiency--Do different definitions and casemix measures for hospital output affect the results?
by Vitikainen, Kirsi & Street, Andrew & Linna, Miika
- 160-167 Conflicting accountabilities: Doctor's dilemma in TB control in rural India
by Fochsen, Grethe & Deshpande, Kirti & Ringsberg, Karin C. & Thorson, Anna
- 168-173 Euthanasia requests and cancer types in the Netherlands: Is there a relationship?
by Abarshi, Ebun & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & van der Wal, Gerrit
- 174-183 Consumer use of publicly released hospital performance information: Assessment of the National Hospital Evaluation Program in Korea
by Kang, Hye-Young & Kim, Sun Jeong & Cho, Woohyun & Lee, Sunhee
- 184-192 Public health policy decisions on medical innovations: What role can early economic evaluation play?
by Hartz, Susanne & John, Jürgen
- 193-200 From cost-effectiveness information to decision-making on liquid-based cytology: Mind the gap
by Legood, Rosa & Wolstenholme, Jane & Gray, Alastair
- 201-215 Cost-effectiveness of screening and correcting refractive errors in school children in Africa, Asia, America and Europe
by Baltussen, Rob & Naus, Jeroen & Limburg, Hans
- 216-224 Smoke-free restaurants in Shanghai: Should it be mandatory and is it acceptable?
by Zheng, Pinpin & Fu, Hua & Li, Guangyao
- 225-238 Cost-effectiveness of introducing the conjugated pneumococcal vaccine to routine free immunizations for infants in Lazio, Italy
by Giorgi-Rossi, Paolo & Merito, Monica & Borgia, Piero
January 2009, Volume 89, Issue 1
- 1-13 The increasing burden of injuries in Eastern Europe and Eurasia: Making the case for safety investments
by Hyder, Adnan A. & Aggarwal, Anju
- 14-25 The symptom mitigation path of mobile community residents: Community pharmacy's role
by Väänänen, Minna Heleena & Lyles, Alan & Airaksinen, Marja
- 26-36 Factors associated with system-level activities for patient safety and infection control
by Fukuda, Haruhisa & Imanaka, Yuichi & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi
- 37-45 Relationship between anxiety level of patients and their satisfaction with different aspects of healthcare
by Herrera-Espiñeira, Carmen & Rodríguez del Aguila, Maria del Mar & Rodríguez del Castillo, Mercedes & Valdivia, Antonia Fernández & Sánchez, Isabel Reyes
- 46-57 Analysing uncertainty around costs of innovative medical technologies: The case of fibrin sealant (QUIXILÂ®) for total knee replacement
by Steuten, Lotte & Vallejo-Torres, Laura & Bastide, Philippe & Buxton, Martin
- 58-71 Ethics frameworks in Canadian health policies: Foundation, scaffolding, or window dressing?
by Giacomini, Mita & Kenny, Nuala & DeJean, Deirdre
- 72-77 Cost-effectiveness of screening methods for urinary schistosomiasis in a school-based control programme in Ibadan, Nigeria
by Fatiregun, Akinola Ayoola & Osungbade, Kayode O. & Olumide, Aderonke E.
- 78-83 Estimating the budget impact of new technologies added to the National List of Health Services in Israel: Stakeholders' incentives for adopting a financial risk-sharing mechanism
by Hammerman, Ariel & Greenberg, Dan
- 84-96 The Philip Morris Nordic journalist program: Strategies, implementation and outcomes
by Hiilamo, Heikki & Kahl, Ulrika & Lambe, Mats
- 97-106 Cost implications of improving the quality of child care using integrated clinical algorithms: Evidence from Northeast Brazil
by Adam, Taghreed & Edwards, Sally J. & Amorim, Débora G. & Amaral, João & Victora, Cesar G. & Evans, David B.
- 107-114 The provision of oral care by local government authorities in Israel: Policy issues and empirical evidence
by Machnes, Yaffa & Carmeli, Abraham
- 115-123 Gender difference in physician workforce participation in Japan
by Kaneto, Chie & Toyokawa, Satoshi & Inoue, Kazuo & Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 124-129 General practitioners' workload associated to practice size rather than chronic care organisation
by Wensing, Michel & Van den Hombergh, Pieter & Van Doremalen, Jan & Grol, Richard & Szecsenyi, Joachim
December 2008, Volume 88, Issue 2-3
- 166-175 Prioritising pain in policy making: The need for a whole systems perspective
by Phillips, Ceri & Main, Chris & Buck, Rhiannon & Aylward, Mansel & Wynne-Jones, Gwenllian & Farr, Angela
- 176-185 Disease management programmes for patients with coronary heart disease--An empirical study of German programmes
by Gapp, Oliver & Schweikert, Bernd & Meisinger, Christa & Holle, Rolf
- 186-199 Reimbursement of malaria chemoprophylaxis for travellers from Europe to Sub-Saharan Africa: Cost-effectiveness analysis from the perspective of the French national health insurance system
by Pistone, Thierry & Schwarzinger, Michaël & Chauvin, Pierre & Ezzedine, Khaled & Receveur, Marie-Catherine & Djossou, Félix & Siriwardana, Mahinda & Larouzé, Bernard & Malvy, Denis
- 200-208 Pediatric epidemic crisis: Lessons for policy and practice development
by Nicholas, David B. & Gearing, Robin E. & Koller, Donna & Salter, Robyn & Selkirk, Enid K.
- 209-221 Cash benefits in long-term home care
by van den Berg, Bernard & Hassink, Wolter H.J.
- 222-235 Barriers to addressing the social determinants of health: Insights from the Canadian experience
by Raphael, Dennis & Curry-Stevens, Ann & Bryant, Toba
- 236-242 Economic barriers to implementation of innovations in health care: Is the long run-short run efficiency discrepancy a paradox?
by Adang, Eddy M.M. & Wensing, Michel
- 243-249 Seed grants as a means of stimulating cancer research funding
by Hanson, Christopher S. & Schneider, Dona & Hill, Ann Marie
- 250-257 The Australian funding debate on quadrivalent HPV vaccine: A case study for the national pharmaceutical policy
by Roughead, Elizabeth Ellen & Gilbert, Andrew L. & Vitry, Agnes I.
- 258-268 Determinants of the uptake of medicines use reviews (MURs) by community pharmacies in England: A multi-method study
by Bradley, Fay & Wagner, Andrew C. & Elvey, Rebecca & Noyce, Peter R. & Ashcroft, Darren M.
- 269-281 Pakistan's health policy: Appropriateness and relevance to women's health needs
by Rizvi, Narjis & Nishtar, Sania
- 282-293 Private health expenditure in the Greek health care system: Where truth ends and the myth begins
by Siskou, Olga & Kaitelidou, Daphne & Papakonstantinou, Vasiliki & Liaropoulos, Lycourgos
- 294-307 Outsourcing primary health care services--How politicians explain the grounds for their decisions
by Laamanen, Ritva & Simonsen-Rehn, Nina & Suominen, Sakari & Øvretveit, John & Brommels, Mats
- 308-316 Drug formulary decision-making in two regional health authorities in British Columbia, Canada
by Armstrong, Kristy & Mitton, Craig & Carleton, Bruce & Shoveller, Jean
- 317-325 Re-evaluating the volume-outcome relationship in hemodialysis patients
by Eisenstein, Eric L. & Sun, Jie L. & Anstrom, Kevin J. & Stafford, Judith A. & Szczech, Lynda A. & Muhlbaier, Lawrence H. & Mark, Daniel B.
- 326-338 Why non-urgent patients choose emergency over primary care services? Empirical evidence and managerial implications
by Lega, Federico & Mengoni, Alessandro
- 339-347 Strategies that promote high quality care in Indonesia
by Barber, Sarah L. & Gertler, Paul J.
- 348-358 Managing public health care policy: Who's being forgotten?
by Brunton, Margaret & Jordan, Claire & Fouche, Christa
- 359-370 Eliciting preferences for resource allocation in mental health care in Ireland
by O'Shea, Eamon & Gannon, Brenda & Kennelly, Brendan
- 371-380 The influence of health insurance towards accessing essential medicines: The experience from Shenzhen labor health insurance
by Zhu, Minmin & Dib, Hassan H. & Zhang, Xinping & Tang, Shengchun & Liu, Liqun
- 381-391 Economic evaluations of maintaining patient safety systems in teaching hospitals
by Fukuda, Haruhisa & Imanaka, Yuichi & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi
- 392-396 Hypothetical modeling about the cost effectiveness of kidney transplantation for end-stage renal disease: Untested assumptions, unaccounted variables and unknown consequences
by Verheijde, Joseph L. & Rady, Mohamed Y. & McGregor, Joan L.
- 397-399 Author's response to Chapman and Hayen
by Baker, Jeanine & McPhedran, Samara
October 2008, Volume 88, Issue 1
- 1-14 Emotions in physician agency
by Barigozzi, Francesca & Levaggi, Rosella
- 15-24 Ex-ante evaluation of PFIs within the Italian health-care sector: What is the basis for this PPP?
by Barretta, Antonio & Ruggiero, Pasquale
- 25-37 The impact of the introduction of market incentives on occupational health services and occupational health professionals: Experiences from The Netherlands
by Plomp, Harmen Nico
- 38-48 Changes in out-of-pocket payments for healthcare in Vietnam and its impact on equity in payments, 1992-2002
by Chaudhuri, Anoshua & Roy, Kakoli
- 49-61 Cost of illness: An international comparison: Australia, Canada, France, Germany and The Netherlands
by Heijink, Richard & Noethen, Manuela & Renaud, Thomas & Koopmanschap, Marc & Polder, Johan
- 62-72 Overview of the clinical application of regenerative medicine products in Japan
by Tsubouchi, Mina & Matsui, Shigeyuki & Banno, Yoshiro & Kurokawa, Kiyoshi & Kawakami, Koji
- 73-87 Give me a break!: Informal caregiver attitudes towards respite care
by van Exel, Job & de Graaf, Gjalt & Brouwer, Werner
- 88-99 Health sector reforms in Argentina and the performance of the health financing system
by Cavagnero, Eleonora
- 100-109 Management patterns and healthcare costs for hospitalized patients with cerebral infarction
by Sekimoto, Miho & Kakutani, Chieko & Inoue, Isao & Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Hayashida, Kenshi & Imanaka, Yuichi
- 110-120 The economic impact of SARS: How does the reality match the predictions?
by Keogh-Brown, Marcus Richard & Smith, Richard David
- 121-129 Financial incentives do not always work--An example of cesarean sections in Taiwan
by Lo, Joan C.
- 130-140 Internet use and the logics of personal empowerment in health
by Lemire, Marc & Sicotte, Claude & Paré, Guy
- 141-151 The emergence of proprietary medical facilities in China
by Hou, Xiaohui & Coyne, Joseph
- 152-154 Declines in Australian suicide: A reanalysis of Mcphedran and Baker (2008)
by Chapman, Simon & Hayen, Andrew
September 2008, Volume 87, Issue 3
- 273-284 Financing the package of services during the first decade of the national health insurance law in Israel: Trends and issues
by Shmueli, Amir & Achdut, Leah & Sabag-Endeweld, Miri
- 285-295 The use of community-based social services by elderly people at risk of institutionalization: An evaluation
by van Bilsen, P.M.A. & Hamers, J.P.H. & Groot, W. & Spreeuwenberg, C.
- 296-308 Improving public addiction treatment through performance contracting: The Delaware experiment
by McLellan, A. Thomas & Kemp, Jack & Brooks, Adam & Carise, Deni
- 309-315 Impact of the reduction of the prescription charge in Wales on the prescribing of non-sedating antihistamines in primary care
by Dhippayom, Teerapon & Walker, Roger
- 316-325 How do general practitioners assess the criteria for due care for euthanasia in concrete cases?
by Hanssen-de Wolf, Johanna E. & Pasman, H. Roeline W. & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D.
- 326-332 Rethinking policies for the retention of allied health professionals in rural areas: A social relations approach
by O'Toole, Kevin & Schoo, Adrian & Stagnitti, Karen & Cuss, Kate
- 333-341 Pharmaceutical companies and Italian Regional Governments: Managing relationships in an increasing institutional complexity
by Compagni, Amelia & Cavalli, Laura & Jommi, Claudio
- 342-349 Allocating HIV prevention resources: A tool for state and local decision making
by Richter, Anke & Hicks, Katherine A. & Earnshaw, Stephanie R. & Honeycutt, Amanda A.
- 350-358 Recent Australian suicide trends for males and females at the national level: Has the rate of decline differed?
by McPhedran, Samara & Baker, Jeanine
- 359-368 Healthcare sustainability and the challenges of innovation to biopharmaceuticals in Canada
by Rosenberg-Yunger, Zahava R.S. & Daar, Abdallah S. & Singer, Peter A. & Martin, Douglas K.
- 369-376 Present situation of vector-control management in Bangladesh: A wake up call
by Mondal, Dinesh & Alam, Mohammad Shafiul & Karim, Zehadul & Haque, Rashidul & Boelaert, Marleen & Kroeger, Axel
- 377-388 Public purchasers contracting external primary care providers in Central America for better responsiveness, efficiency of health care and public governance: Issues and challenges
by Macq, Jean & Martiny, Patrick & Villalobos, Luis Bernardo & Solis, Alejandro & Miranda, Jose & Mendez, Hilda Cecilia & Collins, Charles
- 389-400 Comparing methods for full versus single technology appraisal: A case study of docetaxel and paclitaxel for early breast cancer
by Kaltenthaler, Eva & Tappenden, Paul & Booth, Andrew & Akehurst, Ron
August 2008, Volume 87, Issue 2
- 133-145 Balancing health and industrial policy objectives in the pharmaceutical sector: Lessons from Australia
by Morgan, Steve & McMahon, Meghan & Greyson, Devon
- 146-159 Trastuzumab in early stage breast cancer: A cost-effectiveness analysis for Belgium
by Neyt, Mattias & Huybrechts, Michel & Hulstaert, Frank & Vrijens, France & Ramaekers, Dirk
- 160-171 Emerging health technologies: Informing and supporting health policy early
by Wild, Claudia & Langer, Thomas
- 172-184 Community health insurance in Uganda: Why does enrolment remain low? A view from beneath
by Basaza, Robert & Criel, Bart & Van der Stuyft, Patrick
- 185-193 Cancer registry policies in the United States and geographic information systems applications in comprehensive cancer control
by Ghetian, Christie B. & Parrott, Roxanne & Volkman, Julie E. & Lengerich, Eugene J.
- 194-202 Characteristics of medical students with rural origin: Implications for selective admission policies
by Matsumoto, Masatoshi & Inoue, Kazuo & Kajii, Eiji
- 203-216 Priority dilemmas in psoriasis care and visions of a future care in a group of administrators, politicians and professionals in northern Sweden
by Uttjek, Margaretha & Dufåker, Mona & Stenberg, Berndt & Nygren, Lennart
- 217-222 The use of MinilabsÂ® to improve the testing capacity of regulatory authorities in resource limited settings: Tanzanian experience
by Risha, Peter Gasper & Msuya, Zera & Clark, Malcolm & Johnson, Keith & Ndomondo-Sigonda, Margareth & Layloff, Thomas
- 223-234 A preliminary study into the economic burden of cerebral palsy in China
by Wang, Bin & Chen, Yingyao & Zhang, Jie & Li, Jun & Guo, Yan & Hailey, David
- 235-248 Measuring the benefits of health promotion programmes: Application of the contingent valuation method
by Borghi, Josephine & Jan, Stephen
- 249-257 Job satisfaction and trust in Health Insurance Review Agency among Korean physicians
by Lee, Hoo-Yeon & Park, Sung Eun & Park, Eun-Cheol & Hahm, Myung-Il & Cho, Woo Hyun
- 258-263 Entry of new pharmacies in the deregulated Norwegian pharmaceuticals market--Consequences for costs and availability
by Rudholm, Niklas
- 264-272 Overseas nurse recruitment: Ireland as an illustration of the dynamic nature of nurse migration
by Humphries, Niamh & Brugha, Ruairí & McGee, Hannah
July 2008, Volume 87, Issue 1
- 1-7 Measuring efficiency in clinical departments
by Magnussen, Jon & Nyland, Kari
- 8-19 Hospital performance: Competing or shared values?
by Minvielle, Etienne & Sicotte, Claude & Champagne, François & Contandriopoulos, André-Pierre & Jeantet, Marine & Préaubert, Nathalie & Bourdil, Annie & Richard, Christian
- 20-30 Association between patient age and hospitalization resource use in a teaching hospital in Japan
by Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Imanaka, Yuichi & Oh, Eun-Hwan & Sekimoto, Miho & Hayashida, Kenshi & Kobuse, Hiroe
- 31-40 A bed too far: The implementation of freedom of choice policy in the NHS
by García-Lacalle, Javier
- 41-49 Reforming the hospital service structure to improve efficiency: Urban hospital specialization
by Lee, Kwang-soo & Chun, Ki-hong & Lee, Jung-soo
- 50-62 Exploring the spatial pattern in hospital admissions
by Bech, Mickael & Lauridsen, Jørgen
- 63-71 Describing Iranian hospital activity using Australian Refined DRGs: A case study of the Iranian Social Security Organisation
by Ghaffari, Shahram & Jackson, Terri J. & Doran, Christopher M. & Wilson, Andrew & Aisbett, Chris
- 72-81 Informal payments in public hospitals in Greece
by Liaropoulos, Lycourgos & Siskou, Olga & Kaitelidou, Daphne & Theodorou, Mamas & Katostaras, Theofanis
- 82-91 Comparing diagnosis-related group systems to identify design improvements
by Reid, Beth & Sutch, Stephen
- 92-99 Is it better to be big?: The reconfiguration of 21st century hospitals: Responses to a hospital merger in Sweden
by Ahgren, Bengt
- 100-111 Cost of hospital-wide activities to improve patient safety and infection control: A multi-centre study in Japan
by Fukuda, Haruhisa & Imanaka, Yuichi & Hayashida, Kenshi
- 112-127 United States rural hospital quality in the Hospital Compare database--Accounting for hospital characteristics
by Goldman, L. Elizabeth & Dudley, R. Adams
- 128-132 List of referees 2007
by Kesteloot, Katrien
May 2008, Volume 86, Issue 2-3
- 129-141 A systematic review of the use of economic evaluation in local decision-making
by Eddama, Oya & Coast, Joanna
- 142-152 Economic evidence of influenza vaccination in children
by Savidan, Emmanuelle & Chevat, Catherine & Marsh, Grenville
- 153-162 Improvements in the safety of patient care can help end the medical malpractice crisis in the United States
by Dalton, George D. & Samaropoulos, Xanthia F. & Dalton, Augustine C.
- 163-180 Economic evaluations of dialysis treatment modalities
by Just, Paul Michael & Riella, Miguel Carlos & Tschosik, Elizabeth Ann & Noe, Leslie Lyle & Bhattacharyya, Samir Kumar & de Charro, Frank
- 181-194 Health systems' responses to 25 years of HIV in Europe: Inequities persist and challenges remain
by Atun, Rifat A. & McKee, Martin & Coker, Richard & Gurol-Urganci, Ipek
- 195-203 Reforming the Belgian market for orthotic braces: What can we learn from the international experience?
by Simoens, Steven & De Coster, Sandra & Moldenaers, Ingrid & Guillaume, Paul & Depoorter, Antony & Van den Steen, Dirk & Van de Sande, Stefaan & Debruyne, Hans & Ramaekers, Dirk & Lona, Murielle
- 204-212 Room for manoeuvre?: Explaining local autonomy in the English National Health Service
by Exworthy, Mark & Frosini, Francesca
- 213-221 Perceived smoking prevalence at school-level and children's smoking initiation: A multi-level analysis of a cross-sectional data in Taiwan
by Huang, Hsiao-Ling & Hsu, Chih-Cheng & Magnus, Jeanette H. & Chen, Fu-Li & Rice, Janet & Lee, Chien-Hung & Yen, Yea-Yin & Chen, Ted
- 222-233 Why eight EU Member States signed, but not yet ratified the Convention for Human Rights and Biomedicine
by Goffin, Tom & Borry, Pascal & Dierickx, Kris & Nys, Herman
- 234-238 Opinion on tobacco tax increase: Factors associated with individuals' support in Germany
by Hanewinkel, Reiner & Isensee, Barbara
- 239-244 Analysis of satisfaction about new cooperative medical scheme and its influencing factors in Weihai, China
by Liu, Jinan & Xu, Lingzhong & Cao, Xiuling & Wang, Xingzhou & Sun, Hui & Tang, Cheng & Yang, Zhenghui & Song, Xiaofei & Lv, Ming
- 245-254 Cross-border health activities in the Euregios: Good practice for better health
by Brand, Helmut & Hollederer, Alfons & Wolf, Ulrike & Brand, Angela
- 255-265 When costs count: The impact of staff size, skill mix and treatment intensity on patient outcome for psychotherapeutic day treatment programmes
by Halsteinli, Vidar & Karterud, Sigmund & Pedersen, Geir
- 266-275 Social capital, political trust and purchase of illegal liquor: A population-based study in southern Sweden
by Lindström, Martin
- 276-287 Cost-effective practices in the blood service sector
by Katsaliaki, Korina
- 288-294 The soaring mechanic ventilator utilization under a universal health insurance in Taiwan
by Cheng, Shou-Hsia & Jan, I-Shiow & Liu, Pin-Chun
- 295-307 Collaboration between practice, policy and research in local public health in the Netherlands
by Jansen, Maria W.J. & De Vries, Nanne K. & Kok, Gerjo & Van Oers, Hans A.M.
- 308-317 Perceptions and attitudes in relation to reproductive tract infections including sexually transmitted infections in rural Vietnam: A qualitative study
by Lan, Pham Thi & Faxelid, Elisabeth & Chuc, Nguyen Thi Kim & Mogren, Ingrid & Lundborg, Cecilia Stålsby
- 318-324 Health system values and social values of dental practitioners
by Brennan, David S. & Singh, Kiran A. & Spencer, A. John
- 325-334 Primary healthcare for people with mental health problems or learning disabilities
by Nocon, Andrew & Sayce, Liz
- 335-344 Population and primary health-care team characteristics explain the quality of the service
by Gené-Badia, Joan & Ascaso, Carlos & Escaramis-Babiano, Georgia & Catalán-Ramos, Arantxa & Pujol-Ribera, Enriqueta & Sampietro-Colom, Laura
- 345-354 Evaluation of chronic disease management on outcomes and cost of care for Medicaid beneficiaries
by Zhang, Ning Jackie & Wan, Thomas T.H. & Rossiter, Louis F. & Murawski, Matthew M. & Patel, Urvashi B.
- 355-362 Effect of deregulation on the prices of nicotine replacement therapy products in Finland
by Aalto-Setälä, Ville & Alaranta, Antti
- 363-372 Determinants of demand for antenatal care in Colombia
by Vecino-Ortiz, Andrés Ignacio
- 373-380 Developing a uniformed assessment tool to evaluate care service needs for disabled persons in Japan
by Takei, Teiji & Takahashi, Hiroshi & Nakatani, Hiroki
- 381-390 Accounting for reasonableness: Exploring the personal internal framework affecting decisions about cancer drug funding
by Sinclair, Shane & Hagen, Neil A. & Chambers, Carole & Manns, Braden & Simon, Anita & Browman, George P.
April 2008, Volume 86, Issue 1
- 1-9 Decision-making in priority setting for medicines--A review of empirical studies
by Vuorenkoski, Lauri & Toiviainen, Hanna & Hemminki, Elina
- 10-16 Public release of institutional Cesarean section rates in South Korea: Which women were aware of the information?
by Khang, Young-Ho & Yun, Sung-Cheol & Jo, Min-Woo & Lee, Moo-Song & Lee, Sang-Il
- 17-26 Ten years after the Rx-to-OTC switch of nicotine replacement therapy: What have we learned about the benefits and risks of non-prescription availability?
by Shiffman, Saul & Sweeney, Christine T.
- 27-41 Health human resource planning in Canada: A typology and its application
by Wranik, Dominika
- 42-52 News on tobacco and public attitudes toward smokefree air policies in the United States
by Smith, Katherine Clegg & Siebel, Catherine & Pham, Luu & Cho, Juhee & Singer, Rachel Friedman & Chaloupka, Frank Joseph & Griswold, Michael & Wakefield, Melanie
- 53-63 Fostering knowledge exchange between researchers and decision-makers: Exploring the effectiveness of a mixed-methods approach
by Gagliardi, Anna R. & Fraser, Novlette & Wright, Frances C. & Lemieux-Charles, Louise & Davis, Dave
- 64-71 Prevention versus cure: Measuring parental preferences for sealants and fillings as treatments for childhood caries in Southern Thailand
by Tianviwat, Sukanya & Chongsuvivatwong, Virasakdi & Birch, Stephen
- 72-84 Who is willing to pay for long-term care insurance in Catalonia?
by Costa-Font, Joan & Rovira-Forns, Joan
- 85-96 An estimate of lifelong costs and QALYs in renal replacement therapy based on patients' life expectancy
by Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Niakas, Dimitris
- 97-108 Horizontal inequities in Australia's mixed public/private health care system
by Van Doorslaer, Eddy & Clarke, Philip & Savage, Elizabeth & Hall, Jane
- 109-118 Controlling sickness absence: A study of changes in the Danish sickness absence legislation since 1973
by Johansen, Kristina & Andersen, John Sahl & Mikkelsen, Sigurd & Pass, Ole & Raffnsøe, Sverre & Lynge, Elsebeth