2009, Volume 92, Issue 2-3
- 124-132 Overcoming barriers to priority setting using interdisciplinary methods
by Peacock, Stuart & Mitton, Craig & Bate, Angela & McCoy, Bonnie & Donaldson, Cam
- 133-140 Using decision analysis to improve malaria control policy making
by Kramer, Randall A. & Dickinson, Katherine L. & Anderson, Richard M. & Fowler, Vance G. & Miranda, Marie Lynn & Mutero, Clifford M. & Saterson, Kathryn A. & Wiener, Jonathan B.
- 141-148 Social network analysis in primary care: The impact of interactions on prescribing behaviour
by Fattore, Giovanni & Frosini, Francesca & Salvatore, Domenico & Tozzi, Valeria
- 149-157 Planning the optimal level of local maternity service for small rural communities: A systems study in British Columbia
by Grzybowski, Stefan & Kornelsen, Jude & Schuurman, Nadine
- 158-164 Hospital response to a global budget program under universal health insurance in Taiwan
by Cheng, Shou-Hsia & Chen, Chi-Chen & Chang, Wei-Ling
- 165-173 Decentralization of HIV care in Cameroon: Increased access to antiretroviral treatment and associated persistent barriers
by Loubiere, Sandrine & Boyer, Sylvie & Protopopescu, Camélia & Bonono, Cécile Renée & Abega, Séverin-Cécile & Spire, Bruno & Moatti, Jean-Paul
- 174-179 Drop-out analysis of community-based health insurance membership at Nouna, Burkina Faso
by Dong, Hengjin & De Allegri, Manuela & Gnawali, Devendra & Souares, Aurélia & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 180-186 Association between general practice referral rates and patients' socioeconomic status and access to specialised health care: A population-based nationwide study
by Sørensen, Torben Højmark & Olsen, Kim Rose & Vedsted, Peter
- 187-196 Marketing and pricing strategies of online pharmacies
by Levaggi, Rosella & Orizio, Grazia & Domenighini, Serena & Bressanelli, Maura & Schulz, Peter J. & Zani, Claudia & Caimi, Luigi & Gelatti, Umberto
- 197-202 Does the workplace-smoking ban eliminate differences in risk for environmental tobacco smoke exposure at work?
by Verdonk-Kleinjan, Wendy M.I. & Knibbe, Ronald A. & Tan, Frans E.S. & Willemsen, Marc C. & de Groot, Henk N. & de Vries, Hein
- 203-210 Language barriers in health and social care consultations in the community: A comparative study of responses in Ireland and England
by MacFarlane, Anne & Singleton, Carrie & Green, Eileen
- 211-217 Care for chronic conditions for indigenous Australians: Key informants' perspectives on policy
by Baeza, Juan & Bailie, Ross & Lewis, Jenny M.
- 218-224 Balancing adoption and affordability of medical devices in Europe
by Schreyögg, Jonas & Bäumler, Michael & Busse, Reinhard
- 225-233 Planning for what? Challenging the assumptions of health human resources planning
by Tomblin Murphy, Gail & Kephart, George & Lethbridge, Lynn & O'Brien-Pallas, Linda & Birch, Stephen
- 234-243 Activity-based costing evaluation of a [18F]-fludeoxyglucose positron emission tomography study
by Krug, Bruno & Van Zanten, Annie & Pirson, Anne-Sophie & Crott, Ralph & Borght, Thierry Vander
- 244-249 A future estimate of physician distribution in hospitals and clinics in Japan
by Koike, Soichi & Yasunaga, Hideo & Matsumoto, Shinya & Ide, Hiroo & Kodama, Tomoko & Imamura, Tomoaki
- 250-258 Who is giving up the free lunch? The insured patients' decision to access health insurance benefits and its determinants: Evidence from a low-income country
by Sepehri, Ardeshir & Sarma, Sisira & Serieux, John
- 259-267 Decision makers' experiences of prioritisation and views about how to finance healthcare costs
by Werntoft, Elisabet & Edberg, Anna-Karin
- 268-275 Utilization of health technologies--Do not look where there is a light; shine your light where there is a need to look!: Relating national health goals with resource allocation decision-making; illustration through examining the Israeli healthcare system
by Shavit, Oren
- 276-287 Hospital supplements in Belgium: Price variation and regulation
by Lecluyse, Ann & Van de Voorde, Carine & De Graeve, Diana & Schokkaert, Erik & Van Ourti, Tom
- 288-295 Drugs, sex, money and power: An HPV vaccine case study
by Haas, Marion & Ashton, Toni & Blum, Kerstin & Christiansen, Terkel & Conis, Elena & Crivelli, Luca & Lim, Meng Kin & Lisac, Melanie & MacAdam, Margaret & Schlette, Sophia
- 296-304 Time-driven activity-based costing in an outpatient clinic environment: Development, relevance and managerial impact
by Demeere, Nathalie & Stouthuysen, Kristof & Roodhooft, Filip
- 305-312 Purchasing health care in China: Competing or non-competing third-party purchasers?
by Xu, Weiwei & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M.
- 313-321 Funding health technologies in decentralized systems: A comparison between Italy and Spain
by Cappellaro, Giulia & Fattore, Giovanni & Torbica, Aleksandra
2009, Volume 92, Issue 1
- 1-9 A systematic review of the literature comparing the practices of dispensing and non-dispensing doctors
by Lim, David & Emery, Jon & Lewis, Janice & Sunderland, V Bruce
- 10-20 The cost-effectiveness of integrated home care and discharge practice for home care patients
by Hammar, Teija & Rissanen, Pekka & Perälä, Marja-Leena
- 21-26 Evaluation of national pandemic management policies--A hazard analysis of critical control points approach
by Krumkamp, Ralf & Ahmad, Amena & Kassen, Annette & Hjarnoe, Lulu & Syed, Ahmed M. & Aro, Arja R. & Reintjes, Ralf
- 27-34 Funding and access to high cost medicines in public hospitals in Australia: Decision-makers' perspectives
by Gallego, Gisselle & Taylor, Susan Joyce & Brien, Jo-anne Elizabeth
- 35-42 Differences in general practice initiated expenditures across Danish local health authorities--A multilevel analysis
by Sørensen, Torben H. & Olsen, Kim R. & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte
- 43-48 Capacity to control noncommunicable diseases in the countries of South-East Asia
by Leowski, Jerzy & Krishnan, Anand
- 49-54 The impact of the First Steps prenatal care program on birth outcomes among women receiving Medicaid in Washington State
by Arima, Yuzo & Guthrie, Brandon L. & Rhew, Isaac C. & De Roos, Anneclaire J.
- 55-64 The population-level impacts of a national health insurance program and franchise midwife clinics on achievement of prenatal and delivery care standards in the Philippines
by Kozhimannil, Katy Backes & Valera, Madeleine R. & Adams, Alyce S. & Ross-Degnan, Dennis
- 65-72 The impact of a new payment system with case-mix measurement on hospital practices for breast cancer patients in Japan
by Kuwabara, Hiroyo & Fushimi, Kiyohide
- 73-78 How firms set prices for medical materials: A multi-country study
by Ide, Hiroo & Mollahaliloglu, Salih
- 79-88 Policy statements and practice guidelines for medical end-of-life decisions in Dutch health care institutions: Developments in the past decade
by Pasman, H. Roeline W. & Wolf, Johanna E. Hanssen-de & Hesselink, Berniek A.M. & van der Heide, Agnes & van der Wal, Gerrit & van der Maas, Paul J. & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D.
- 89-95 An evaluation of the cost-effectiveness of policy navigators to improve access to care for the poor in the Philippines
by Solon, Orville & Peabody, John W. & Woo, Kimberly & Quimbo, Stella A. & Florentino, Jhiedon & Shimkhada, Riti
- 96-102 Is community-based health insurance an equitable strategy for paying for healthcare? Experiences from southeast Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Onoka, Chima & Uzochukwu, Benjamin & Okoli, Chijioke & Obikeze, Eric & Eze, Soludo
- 103-104 Corrigendum to "Economic evaluations of maintaining patient safety systems in teaching hospitals" [Health Policy 88 (2008) 381-391]
by Fukuda, Haruhisa & Imanaka, Yuichi & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi
- 105-105 Corrigendum to "Factors associated with system-level activities for patient safety and infection control" [Health Policy 89 (2009) 26-36]
by Fukuda, Haruhisa & Imanaka, Yuichi & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi
2009, Volume 91, Issue Supplement 1
- S1-S2 Foreword
by Clancy, Luke
- S3-S14 Progress in Tobacco Control
by Clancy, Luke
- S15-S25 Smoking cessation: How compelling is the evidence? A review
by Tønnesen, Philip
- S26-S30 Smoking cessation should have more emphasis within Tobacco Control? The case against
by Dubois, Gérard
- S31-S36 Smoking cessation should have more emphasis within Tobacco Control? The case for
by Bolliger, C.T.
- S37-S38 Q&A session: Audience: attendees at ECToH Basel 2007
by Clancy, Luke
2009, Volume 91, Issue 3
- 229-238 Public and private healthcare services utilization by non-institutional elderly in Hong Kong: Is the inverse care law operating?
by Yam, Ho-Kwan & Mercer, Stewart W. & Wong, Lai-Yi & Chan, Wan-Kin & Yeoh, Eng-Kiong
- 239-245 Searching for cost effectiveness thresholds in the NHS
by Appleby, John & Devlin, Nancy & Parkin, David & Buxton, Martin & Chalkidou, Kalipso
- 246-251 Toward quality improvement of cardiovascular surgery in Japan: An estimation of regionalization effects from a nationwide survey
by Miyata, Hiroaki & Motomura, Noboru & Kondo, Masaakira J. & Fushimi, Kiyohide & Ishikawa, Koichi B. & Takamoto, Shinichi
- 252-257 Preferences of older patients and choice of treatment location in the UK: A binary choice experiment
by Lim, Jennifer N.W. & Edlin, Richard
- 258-268 Casualized employment and turnover intention: Home care workers in Ontario, Canada
by Zeytinoglu, Isik U. & Denton, Margaret & Davies, Sharon & Plenderleith, Jennifer Millen
- 269-276 Does subsidy work? Price elasticity of demand for influenza vaccination among the elderly in Japan
by Kondo, Masahide & Hoshi, Shu-ling & Okubo, Ichiro
- 277-285 Nicotine replacement therapy practices in Finland one year after deregulation of the product sales--Has anything changed from the community pharmacy perspective?
by Kurko, Terhi & Linden, Kari & Vasama, Mari & Pietilä, Kirsi & Airaksinen, Marja
- 286-296 Affiliation with a primary care provider in New Zealand: Who is, who isn't
by Jatrana, Santosh & Crampton, Peter
- 297-305 Assessing the reliability of household expenditure data: Results of the World Health Survey
by Xu, Ke & Ravndal, Frode & Evans, David B. & Carrin, Guy
- 306-313 Consensus on the leadership of hospital CEOs and its impact on the participation of physicians in improvement projects
by Dückers, Michel L.A. & Stegeman, Inge & Spreeuwenberg, Peter & Wagner, Cordula & Sanders, Karin & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 314-320 Insight into capacity planning for cardiac catheterization services: Policy lessons learned from "Looking in the Mirror" over a decade
by Mercuri, Mat & Natarajan, Madhu K. & Holder, Douglas H. & Xie, Changchun & Gafni, Amiram
- 321-326 Hospital factors associated with clinical data quality
by Sutherland, Jason M. & Steinum, Olafr
2009, Volume 91, Issue 2
- 121-134 Association between physician density and health care consumption: A systematic review of the evidence
by Léonard, Christian & Stordeur, Sabine & Roberfroid, Dominique
- 135-141 Does social marketing provide a framework for changing healthcare practice?
by Morris, Zoë Slote & Clarkson, Peter John
- 142-147 Pricing of multiple dosage prescription medications: An analysis of the Ontario Drug Benefit Formulary
by Lexchin, Joel
- 148-155 Health workers, quality of care, and child health: Simulating the relationships between increases in health staffing and child length
by Barber, Sarah L. & Gertler, Paul J.
- 156-161 Palliative care is not yet a well-defined product within the Dutch healthcare insurance system
by Jansen, Wim J.J. & Vissers, Kris C.P. & Zuurmond, Wouter W.A. & van Montfort, Guus P.W.P. & Rhebergen, Andre & Loer, Stephan A.
- 162-173 The statutory duty of physicians to inform patients versus unmet patients' information needs: The case of breast cancer in France
by Moumjid, Nora & Charles, Cathy & Morelle, Magali & Gafni, Amiram & Brémond, Alain & Farsi, Fadila & Whelan, Tim & Carrère, Marie-Odile
- 174-182 Extension of market exclusivity and its impact on the accessibility to essential medicines, and drug expense in Thailand: Analysis of the effect of TRIPs-Plus proposal
by Akaleephan, Chutima & Wibulpolprasert, Suwit & Sakulbumrungsil, Rungpetch & Luangruangrong, Paithip & Jitraknathee, Anchalee & Aeksaengsri, Achara & Udomaksorn, Siripa & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Tantivess, Sripen
- 183-188 Moving on a roundabout at the end of life--What counts?: Waiting times for transfer to sheltered accommodation for older people in Sweden
by Österlind, Jane & Hansebo, Görel & Lindqvist, Rikard & Ternestedt, Britt-Marie
- 189-194 Industry views of biosimilar development in Japan
by Horikawa, Hiroshi & Tsubouchi, Mina & Kawakami, Koji
- 195-203 French pediatricians' knowledge, attitudes, beliefs towards and practices in the management of weight problems in children
by Franc, Carine & Van Gerwen, Maaike & Le Vaillant, Marc & Rosman, Sophia & Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie
- 204-210 Comparison of outcomes and costs after hip fracture surgery in three hospitals that have different care systems in Japan
by Kondo, Akiko & Zierler, Brenda K. & Isokawa, Yayoi & Hagino, Hiroshi & Ito, Yayoi
- 211-218 Willingness to pay for weight-control treatment
by Liu, Jin-Tan & Tsou, Meng-Wen & Hammitt, James K.
2009, Volume 91, Issue 1
- 1-9 The new cooperative medical scheme in China
by You, Xuedan & Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 10-16 Obesity in the UK: A review and comparative analysis of policies within the devolved administrations
by Musingarimi, Primrose
- 17-23 Contracting-in management to strengthen publicly financed primary health services--The experience of Punjab, Pakistan
by Loevinsohn, Benjamin & Haq, Inaam ul & Couffinhal, Agnes & Pande, Aakanksha
- 24-32 Unmet healthcare need, gender, and health inequalities in Canada
by Bryant, Toba & Leaver, Chad & Dunn, James
- 33-42 Is the selection of patients for anti-retroviral treatment in Uganda fair?: A qualitative study
by Sofaer, Neema & Kapiriri, Lydia & Atuyambe, Lynn M. & Otolok-Tanga, Erasmus & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 43-56 Challenges for performance assessment and improvement in primary health care: The case of the Portuguese health centres
by Amado, Carla Alexandra da Encarnação Filipe & Santos, Sérgio Pereira dos
- 57-62 The core determinants of health expenditure in the African context: Some econometric evidence for policy
by Murthy, Vasudeva N.R. & Okunade, Albert A.
- 63-70 What does it mean to trust a health system?: A qualitative study of Canadian health care values
by Abelson, Julia & Miller, Fiona A. & Giacomini, Mita
- 71-78 Perceptions of medical malpractice and medical malpractice reform among first- and fourth-year medical students
by Kelly, Erin T. & Miller, Edward A.
- 79-88 Commissioning NHS dentistry in England: Issues for decision-makers managing the new contract with finite resources
by Holmes, Richard D. & Bate, Angela & Steele, Jimmy G. & Donaldson, Cam
- 89-93 Study of awareness among pregnant women of the effects of drugs on the fetus and mother in Iran
by Mashayekhi, Simin O. & Dilmaghanizadeh, Maryam & Fardiazar, Zahra & Bamdad-Moghadam, Roghayeh & Ghandforoush-Sattari, Fahimeh
- 94-101 Dental service utilization and costs before and after introduction of fluoride gel application for preschool children in Taiwan
by Chen, Shu-Fen & Lin, Herng-Ching
- 102-105 List of referees 2008
by Kesteloot, Katrien
2009, Volume 90, Issue 2-3
- 125-132 Medical education program with obligatory rural service: Analysis of factors associated with obligation compliance
by Matsumoto, Masatoshi & Kajii, Eiji
- 133-139 Traditional Chinese medicine in the Chinese health care system
by Xu, Judy & Yang, Yue
- 140-148 Economic incentives in general practice: The impact of pay-for-participation and pay-for-compliance programs on diabetes care
by Lippi Bruni, Matteo & Nobilio, Lucia & Ugolini, Cristina
- 149-155 Organizational elements of health service related to a reduction in maternal mortality: The cases of Chile and Colombia
by Ruiz-Rodríguez, Myriam & Wirtz, Veronika J. & Nigenda, Gustavo
- 156-165 Accreditation at a crossroads: Are we on the right track?
by Touati, Nassera & Pomey, Marie-Pascale
- 166-174 Necessary organizational changes according to Burke-Litwin model in the head nurses system of management in healthcare and social welfare institutions--The Slovenia experience
by Filej, Bojana & Skela-Savic, Brigita & Vicic, Visnja H. & Hudorovic, Narcis
- 175-180 Quality management and patient safety: Survey results from 102 Hungarian hospitals
by Makai, Peter & Klazinga, Niek & Wagner, Cordula & Boncz, Imre & Gulacsi, Lászlo
- 181-187 The medical practice of euthanasia in Belgium and The Netherlands: Legal notification, control and evaluation procedures
by Smets, Tinne & Bilsen, Johan & Cohen, Joachim & Rurup, Mette L. & De Keyser, Els & Deliens, Luc
- 188-195 Do non-profit nursing homes separate governance roles?: The impact of size and ownership characteristics
by Dewaelheyns, Nico & Eeckloo, Kristof & Van Herck, Gustaaf & Van Hulle, Cynthia & Vleugels, Arthur
- 196-205 Overcoming social and health inequalities among U.S. women of reproductive age--Challenges to the nation's health in the 21st century
by Ebrahim, Shahul H. & Anderson, John E. & Correa-de-Araujo, Rosaly & Posner, Samuel F. & Atrash, Hani K.
- 206-213 Why financial incentives did not reach the poor tuberculosis patients? A qualitative study of a Fidelis funded project in Shanxi, China
by Wei, Xiaolin & Walley, John & Zhao, Jin & Yao, Hongyan & Liu, Jianjun & Newell, James
- 214-222 The effect of community-based health insurance on the utilization of modern health care services: Evidence from Burkina Faso
by Gnawali, Devendra Prasad & Pokhrel, Subhash & Sié, Ali & Sanon, Mamadou & De Allegri, Manuela & Souares, Aurélia & Dong, Hengjin & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 223-229 Examining catastrophic costs and benefit incidence of subsidized antiretroviral treatment (ART) programme in south-east Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Dike, Nkem & Chukwuka, Chinwe & Uzochukwu, Benjamin & Onyedum, Cajetan & Onoka, Chima & Ichoku, Hyacinth
- 230-238 Transformational trends confounding the South Asian health systems
by Bonu, Sekhar & Gutierrez, Leah C. & Borghis, Alain & Roche, Frederick C.
- 239-246 Health information technology and physician perceptions of quality of care and satisfaction
by Davis, Karen & Doty, Michelle McEvoy & Shea, Katherine & Stremikis, Kristof
- 247-253 What drives health policy formulation: Insights from the Nepal maternity incentive scheme?
by Ensor, Tim & Clapham, Susan & Prasai, Devi Prasad
- 254-261 Impact of the elder abuse prevention and caregiver support law on system development among municipal governments in Japan
by Nakanishi, Miharu & Hoshishiba, Yumiko & Iwama, Nobuyuki & Okada, Tomoko & Kato, Etsuko & Takahashi, Hiroshi
- 262-269 Privatisation of health care in Slovenia in the period 1992-2008
by Albreht, Tit & Klazinga, Niek
- 270-276 Temporal trends in the relative cost of dying: Evidence from Canada
by Payne, Greg & Laporte, Audrey & Foot, David K. & Coyte, Peter C.
- 277-285 Price control as a strategy for pharmaceutical cost containment--What has been achieved in Norway in the period 1994-2004?
by Håkonsen, Helle & Horn, Anne Marie & Toverud, Else-Lydia
- 286-295 Assistant or substitute: Exploring the fit between national policy vision and local practice realities of assistant practitioner job descriptions
by Wakefield, Ann & Spilsbury, Karen & Atkin, Karl & McKenna, Hugh & Borglin, Gunilla & Stuttard, Lucy
- 296-302 The five-year impact of an evolving global epidemic, changing migration patterns, and policy changes in a regional Canadian HIV population
by Krentz, Hartmut & Gill, Michael John
- 303-312 Governing decentralization in health care under tough budget constraint: What can we learn from the Italian experience?
by Tediosi, Fabrizio & Gabriele, Stefania & Longo, Francesco
- 313-319 Balancing patient preferences and clinical needs: Community versus hospital based care for patients with suspected DVT
by Clark, Michael & Moro, Domenico & Szczepura, Ala
- 320-328 Experiences in the UK National Health Service: The overseas nurses' workforce
by Alexis, Obrey & Vydelingum, Vasso
2009, Volume 90, Issue 1
- 1-7 Engaging patients as safety partners: Some considerations for ensuring a culturally and linguistically appropriate approach
by Johnstone, Megan-Jane & Kanitsaki, Olga
- 8-12 Knowledge, attitudes, and practices about tuberculosis and choice of communication channels in a rural community in Vietnam
by Hoa, Nguyen Phuong & Chuc, Nguyen Thi Kim & Thorson, Anna
- 13-25 Framework for assessing governance of the health system in developing countries: Gateway to good governance
by Siddiqi, Sameen & Masud, Tayyeb I. & Nishtar, Sania & Peters, David H. & Sabri, Belgacem & Bile, Khalif M. & Jama, Mohamed A.
- 26-31 Enforcement of presumed-consent policy and willingness to donate organs as identified in the European Union Survey: The role of legislation in reinforcing ideology in pluralistic societies
by Verheijde, Joseph L. & Rady, Mohamed Y. & McGregor, Joan L. & Friederich-Murray, Catherine
- 32-36 Factors influencing antibiotic prescribing in China: An exploratory analysis
by Reynolds, Lucy & McKee, Martin
- 37-44 Values, institutions and shifting policy paradigms: Expansion of the Israeli National Health Insurance Basket of Services
by Chinitz, David & Meislin, Rachel & Alster-Grau, Ilana
- 45-57 Examining the attitudes and preferences of health care decision-makers in relation to access, equity and cost-effectiveness: A discrete choice experiment
by Ratcliffe, Julie & Bekker, Hilary L. & Dolan, Paul & Edlin, Richard
- 58-65 Engaging policy makers in road safety research in Malaysia: A theoretical and contextual analysis
by Tran, Nhan T. & Hyder, Adnan A. & Kulanthayan, Subramaniam & Singh, Suret & Umar, R.S. Radin
- 66-72 Perceived quality of communication amongst outpatients in western and traditional Chinese medicine clinics in a Chinese population
by Chung, Vincent Chi Ho & Lau, Chun Hong & Wong, Eric Ming Chung & Yeoh, Eng Kiong & Griffiths, Sian Meryl
- 73-80 From the point-of-purchase perspective: A qualitative study of the feasibility of interventions aimed at portion-size
by Vermeer, Willemijn M. & Steenhuis, Ingrid H.M. & Seidell, Jacob C.
- 81-88 Priority setting for technology adoption at a hospital level: Relevant issues from the literature
by Lettieri, Emanuele & Masella, Cristina
- 89-93 The effect of an area-based intervention on breastfeeding rates in Victoria, Australia
by Kelaher, Margaret & Dunt, David & Feldman, Peter & Nolan, Andrea & Raban, Bridie
- 94-103 Making performance indicators work: The experience of using consensus indicators for external assessment of health and social services at regional level in Spain
by Hilarion, Pilar & Suol, Rosa & Groene, Oliver & Vallejo, Paula & Herrera, Elisabeth & Saura, Rosa Maria
- 104-112 The political use of poll results about public support for a privatized healthcare system in Canada
by Contandriopoulos, Damien & Bilodeau, Henriette
2009, Volume 89, Issue 3
- 252-260 International perspectives on the cost-effectiveness of tandem mass spectrometry for rare metabolic conditions
by Norman, Richard & Haas, Marion & Wilcken, Bridget
- 261-270 Use of economic evaluation in local health care decision-making in England: A qualitative investigation
by Eddama, Oya & Coast, Joanna
- 271-278 Evaluation of Croatian model of polycentric health planning and decision making
by Sogoric, Selma & Dzakula, Aleksandar & Rukavina, Tea Vukusic & Grozic-Zivolic, Sonja & Lazaric-Zec, Danijela & Dzono-Boban, Ankica & Brborovic, Ognjen & Lang, Slobodan & Vuletic, Silvije
- 279-287 Is certainty more important than diagnosis for understanding race and gender disparities?: An experiment using coronary heart disease and depression case vignettes
by Lutfey, Karen E. & Link, Carol L. & Grant, Richard W. & Marceau, Lisa D. & McKinlay, John B.
- 288-294 Which physicians have access to electronic prescribing and which ones end up using it?
by Pagn, Jos A. & Pratt, William R. & Sun, Jun
- 295-302 Medicine access and utilization in a population covered by primary health care in Brazil
by Bertoldi, Andra Dmaso & de Barros, Alusio Jardim Dornellas & Wagner, Anita & Ross-Degnan, Dennis & Hallal, Pedro Curi
- 303-311 Estimation of avoidable skin cancers and cost-savings to government associated with regulation of the solarium industry in Australia
by Hirst, Nicholas & Gordon, Louisa & Gies, Peter & Green, Adle C.
- 312-321 Services production and patient satisfaction in primary care
by Grytten, Jostein & Carlsen, Fredrik & Skau, Irene
- 322-328 Breast milk as the "water that supports and preserves life"--Socio-cultural constructions of breastfeeding and their implications for the prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV in sub-Saharan Africa
by Hofmann, Jennifer & De Allegri, Manuela & Sarker, Malabika & Sanon, Mamadou & Bhler, Thomas
- 329-331 Is renal transplantation the most cost-effective and preferable therapy for patients suffering from end-stage renal disease or not?
by Niakas, Dimitris & Kontodimopoulos, Nick
2009, Volume 89, Issue 2
- 149-159 Estimation of hospital efficiency--Do different definitions and casemix measures for hospital output affect the results?
by Vitikainen, Kirsi & Street, Andrew & Linna, Miika
- 160-167 Conflicting accountabilities: Doctor's dilemma in TB control in rural India
by Fochsen, Grethe & Deshpande, Kirti & Ringsberg, Karin C. & Thorson, Anna
- 168-173 Euthanasia requests and cancer types in the Netherlands: Is there a relationship?
by Abarshi, Ebun & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & van der Wal, Gerrit
- 174-183 Consumer use of publicly released hospital performance information: Assessment of the National Hospital Evaluation Program in Korea
by Kang, Hye-Young & Kim, Sun Jeong & Cho, Woohyun & Lee, Sunhee
- 184-192 Public health policy decisions on medical innovations: What role can early economic evaluation play?
by Hartz, Susanne & John, Jürgen
- 193-200 From cost-effectiveness information to decision-making on liquid-based cytology: Mind the gap
by Legood, Rosa & Wolstenholme, Jane & Gray, Alastair
- 201-215 Cost-effectiveness of screening and correcting refractive errors in school children in Africa, Asia, America and Europe
by Baltussen, Rob & Naus, Jeroen & Limburg, Hans
- 216-224 Smoke-free restaurants in Shanghai: Should it be mandatory and is it acceptable?
by Zheng, Pinpin & Fu, Hua & Li, Guangyao
- 225-238 Cost-effectiveness of introducing the conjugated pneumococcal vaccine to routine free immunizations for infants in Lazio, Italy
by Giorgi-Rossi, Paolo & Merito, Monica & Borgia, Piero
2009, Volume 89, Issue 1
- 1-13 The increasing burden of injuries in Eastern Europe and Eurasia: Making the case for safety investments
by Hyder, Adnan A. & Aggarwal, Anju
- 14-25 The symptom mitigation path of mobile community residents: Community pharmacy's role
by Väänänen, Minna Heleena & Lyles, Alan & Airaksinen, Marja
- 26-36 Factors associated with system-level activities for patient safety and infection control
by Fukuda, Haruhisa & Imanaka, Yuichi & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi
- 37-45 Relationship between anxiety level of patients and their satisfaction with different aspects of healthcare
by Herrera-Espiñeira, Carmen & Rodríguez del Aguila, Maria del Mar & Rodríguez del Castillo, Mercedes & Valdivia, Antonia Fernández & Sánchez, Isabel Reyes
- 46-57 Analysing uncertainty around costs of innovative medical technologies: The case of fibrin sealant (QUIXILÂ®) for total knee replacement
by Steuten, Lotte & Vallejo-Torres, Laura & Bastide, Philippe & Buxton, Martin
- 58-71 Ethics frameworks in Canadian health policies: Foundation, scaffolding, or window dressing?
by Giacomini, Mita & Kenny, Nuala & DeJean, Deirdre
- 72-77 Cost-effectiveness of screening methods for urinary schistosomiasis in a school-based control programme in Ibadan, Nigeria
by Fatiregun, Akinola Ayoola & Osungbade, Kayode O. & Olumide, Aderonke E.
- 78-83 Estimating the budget impact of new technologies added to the National List of Health Services in Israel: Stakeholders' incentives for adopting a financial risk-sharing mechanism
by Hammerman, Ariel & Greenberg, Dan
- 84-96 The Philip Morris Nordic journalist program: Strategies, implementation and outcomes
by Hiilamo, Heikki & Kahl, Ulrika & Lambe, Mats
- 97-106 Cost implications of improving the quality of child care using integrated clinical algorithms: Evidence from Northeast Brazil
by Adam, Taghreed & Edwards, Sally J. & Amorim, Débora G. & Amaral, João & Victora, Cesar G. & Evans, David B.
- 107-114 The provision of oral care by local government authorities in Israel: Policy issues and empirical evidence
by Machnes, Yaffa & Carmeli, Abraham
- 115-123 Gender difference in physician workforce participation in Japan
by Kaneto, Chie & Toyokawa, Satoshi & Inoue, Kazuo & Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 124-129 General practitioners' workload associated to practice size rather than chronic care organisation
by Wensing, Michel & Van den Hombergh, Pieter & Van Doremalen, Jan & Grol, Richard & Szecsenyi, Joachim
2008, Volume 88, Issue 2-3
- 166-175 Prioritising pain in policy making: The need for a whole systems perspective
by Phillips, Ceri & Main, Chris & Buck, Rhiannon & Aylward, Mansel & Wynne-Jones, Gwenllian & Farr, Angela
- 176-185 Disease management programmes for patients with coronary heart disease--An empirical study of German programmes
by Gapp, Oliver & Schweikert, Bernd & Meisinger, Christa & Holle, Rolf
- 186-199 Reimbursement of malaria chemoprophylaxis for travellers from Europe to Sub-Saharan Africa: Cost-effectiveness analysis from the perspective of the French national health insurance system
by Pistone, Thierry & Schwarzinger, Michaël & Chauvin, Pierre & Ezzedine, Khaled & Receveur, Marie-Catherine & Djossou, Félix & Siriwardana, Mahinda & Larouzé, Bernard & Malvy, Denis
- 200-208 Pediatric epidemic crisis: Lessons for policy and practice development
by Nicholas, David B. & Gearing, Robin E. & Koller, Donna & Salter, Robyn & Selkirk, Enid K.
- 209-221 Cash benefits in long-term home care
by van den Berg, Bernard & Hassink, Wolter H.J.
- 222-235 Barriers to addressing the social determinants of health: Insights from the Canadian experience
by Raphael, Dennis & Curry-Stevens, Ann & Bryant, Toba
- 236-242 Economic barriers to implementation of innovations in health care: Is the long run-short run efficiency discrepancy a paradox?
by Adang, Eddy M.M. & Wensing, Michel
- 243-249 Seed grants as a means of stimulating cancer research funding
by Hanson, Christopher S. & Schneider, Dona & Hill, Ann Marie
- 250-257 The Australian funding debate on quadrivalent HPV vaccine: A case study for the national pharmaceutical policy
by Roughead, Elizabeth Ellen & Gilbert, Andrew L. & Vitry, Agnes I.
- 258-268 Determinants of the uptake of medicines use reviews (MURs) by community pharmacies in England: A multi-method study
by Bradley, Fay & Wagner, Andrew C. & Elvey, Rebecca & Noyce, Peter R. & Ashcroft, Darren M.
- 269-281 Pakistan's health policy: Appropriateness and relevance to women's health needs
by Rizvi, Narjis & Nishtar, Sania
- 282-293 Private health expenditure in the Greek health care system: Where truth ends and the myth begins
by Siskou, Olga & Kaitelidou, Daphne & Papakonstantinou, Vasiliki & Liaropoulos, Lycourgos
- 294-307 Outsourcing primary health care services--How politicians explain the grounds for their decisions
by Laamanen, Ritva & Simonsen-Rehn, Nina & Suominen, Sakari & Øvretveit, John & Brommels, Mats
- 308-316 Drug formulary decision-making in two regional health authorities in British Columbia, Canada
by Armstrong, Kristy & Mitton, Craig & Carleton, Bruce & Shoveller, Jean
- 317-325 Re-evaluating the volume-outcome relationship in hemodialysis patients
by Eisenstein, Eric L. & Sun, Jie L. & Anstrom, Kevin J. & Stafford, Judith A. & Szczech, Lynda A. & Muhlbaier, Lawrence H. & Mark, Daniel B.
- 326-338 Why non-urgent patients choose emergency over primary care services? Empirical evidence and managerial implications
by Lega, Federico & Mengoni, Alessandro
- 339-347 Strategies that promote high quality care in Indonesia
by Barber, Sarah L. & Gertler, Paul J.
- 348-358 Managing public health care policy: Who's being forgotten?
by Brunton, Margaret & Jordan, Claire & Fouche, Christa
- 359-370 Eliciting preferences for resource allocation in mental health care in Ireland
by O'Shea, Eamon & Gannon, Brenda & Kennelly, Brendan
- 371-380 The influence of health insurance towards accessing essential medicines: The experience from Shenzhen labor health insurance
by Zhu, Minmin & Dib, Hassan H. & Zhang, Xinping & Tang, Shengchun & Liu, Liqun
- 381-391 Economic evaluations of maintaining patient safety systems in teaching hospitals
by Fukuda, Haruhisa & Imanaka, Yuichi & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi
- 392-396 Hypothetical modeling about the cost effectiveness of kidney transplantation for end-stage renal disease: Untested assumptions, unaccounted variables and unknown consequences
by Verheijde, Joseph L. & Rady, Mohamed Y. & McGregor, Joan L.
- 397-399 Author's response to Chapman and Hayen
by Baker, Jeanine & McPhedran, Samara
2008, Volume 88, Issue 1
- 1-14 Emotions in physician agency
by Barigozzi, Francesca & Levaggi, Rosella
- 15-24 Ex-ante evaluation of PFIs within the Italian health-care sector: What is the basis for this PPP?
by Barretta, Antonio & Ruggiero, Pasquale
- 25-37 The impact of the introduction of market incentives on occupational health services and occupational health professionals: Experiences from The Netherlands
by Plomp, Harmen Nico
- 38-48 Changes in out-of-pocket payments for healthcare in Vietnam and its impact on equity in payments, 1992-2002
by Chaudhuri, Anoshua & Roy, Kakoli
- 49-61 Cost of illness: An international comparison: Australia, Canada, France, Germany and The Netherlands
by Heijink, Richard & Noethen, Manuela & Renaud, Thomas & Koopmanschap, Marc & Polder, Johan
- 62-72 Overview of the clinical application of regenerative medicine products in Japan
by Tsubouchi, Mina & Matsui, Shigeyuki & Banno, Yoshiro & Kurokawa, Kiyoshi & Kawakami, Koji
- 73-87 Give me a break!: Informal caregiver attitudes towards respite care
by van Exel, Job & de Graaf, Gjalt & Brouwer, Werner
- 88-99 Health sector reforms in Argentina and the performance of the health financing system
by Cavagnero, Eleonora
- 100-109 Management patterns and healthcare costs for hospitalized patients with cerebral infarction
by Sekimoto, Miho & Kakutani, Chieko & Inoue, Isao & Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Hayashida, Kenshi & Imanaka, Yuichi
- 110-120 The economic impact of SARS: How does the reality match the predictions?
by Keogh-Brown, Marcus Richard & Smith, Richard David
- 121-129 Financial incentives do not always work--An example of cesarean sections in Taiwan
by Lo, Joan C.
- 130-140 Internet use and the logics of personal empowerment in health
by Lemire, Marc & Sicotte, Claude & Paré, Guy
- 141-151 The emergence of proprietary medical facilities in China
by Hou, Xiaohui & Coyne, Joseph
- 152-154 Declines in Australian suicide: A reanalysis of Mcphedran and Baker (2008)
by Chapman, Simon & Hayen, Andrew
2008, Volume 87, Issue 3
- 273-284 Financing the package of services during the first decade of the national health insurance law in Israel: Trends and issues
by Shmueli, Amir & Achdut, Leah & Sabag-Endeweld, Miri
- 285-295 The use of community-based social services by elderly people at risk of institutionalization: An evaluation
by van Bilsen, P.M.A. & Hamers, J.P.H. & Groot, W. & Spreeuwenberg, C.
- 296-308 Improving public addiction treatment through performance contracting: The Delaware experiment
by McLellan, A. Thomas & Kemp, Jack & Brooks, Adam & Carise, Deni
- 309-315 Impact of the reduction of the prescription charge in Wales on the prescribing of non-sedating antihistamines in primary care
by Dhippayom, Teerapon & Walker, Roger
- 316-325 How do general practitioners assess the criteria for due care for euthanasia in concrete cases?
by Hanssen-de Wolf, Johanna E. & Pasman, H. Roeline W. & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D.
- 326-332 Rethinking policies for the retention of allied health professionals in rural areas: A social relations approach
by O'Toole, Kevin & Schoo, Adrian & Stagnitti, Karen & Cuss, Kate
- 333-341 Pharmaceutical companies and Italian Regional Governments: Managing relationships in an increasing institutional complexity
by Compagni, Amelia & Cavalli, Laura & Jommi, Claudio
- 342-349 Allocating HIV prevention resources: A tool for state and local decision making
by Richter, Anke & Hicks, Katherine A. & Earnshaw, Stephanie R. & Honeycutt, Amanda A.
- 350-358 Recent Australian suicide trends for males and females at the national level: Has the rate of decline differed?
by McPhedran, Samara & Baker, Jeanine
- 359-368 Healthcare sustainability and the challenges of innovation to biopharmaceuticals in Canada
by Rosenberg-Yunger, Zahava R.S. & Daar, Abdallah S. & Singer, Peter A. & Martin, Douglas K.