2011, Volume 70, Issue 12
- 2317-2326 The effect of ambiguous risk, and coordination on farmers' adaptation to climate change — A framed field experiment
by Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik & Naranjo, Maria A.
- 2327-2333 Woodsy the optimal owl: Environmental campaigns, norms, and implications for public goods policy
by Interis, Matthew G. & Haab, Timothy C.
- 2334-2340 Analysis of changes in Dutch emission trade balance(s) between 1996 and 2007
by Edens, Bram & Delahaye, Roel & van Rossum, Maarten & Schenau, Sjoerd
- 2341-2349 EE-IO modeling of the environmental impacts of Finnish imports using different data sources
by Koskela, Sirkka & Mäenpää, Ilmo & Seppälä, Jyri & Mattila, Tuomas & Korhonen, Marja-Riitta
- 2350-2360 Tourists and traditional divers in a common fishing ground
by Lee, Joung-Hun & Iwasa, Yoh
- 2361-2368 Efficiency of Payments for Environmental Services: Equity and additionality in a case study from a Biosphere Reserve in Chiapas, Mexico
by García-Amado, Luis Rico & Pérez, Manuel Ruiz & Escutia, Felipe Reyes & García, Sara Barrasa & Mejía, Elsa Contreras
- 2369-2379 Productivity growth and environmental regulations - accounting for undesirable outputs: Analysis of China's thirty provincial regions using the Malmquist–Luenberger index
by Zhang, Chunhong & Liu, Haiying & Bressers, Hans Th.A. & Buchanan, Karen S.
- 2380-2389 Long run trends in energy-related external costs
by Fouquet, Roger
- 2390-2399 Negative externalities on property values resulting from water impairment: The case of the Pigeon River Watershed
by Cho, Seong-Hoon & Roberts, Roland K. & Kim, Seung Gyu
- 2400-2415 When does a carbon tax on fossil fuels stimulate biofuels?
by Timilsina, Govinda R. & Csordás, Stefan & Mevel, Simon
- 2416-2428 Water valuation at basin scale with application to western India
by Pande, Saket & van den Boom, Bart & Savenije, Hubert H.G. & Gosain, Ashvani K.
- 2429-2436 Comparative costs and conservation of wild species in situ, e.g. orangutans
by Tisdell, Clem & Swarna Nantha, Hemanath
- 2437-2445 The impact of climate on life satisfaction
by Maddison, David & Rehdanz, Katrin
- 2446-2453 The economic and environmental performances of rural districts in Italy: Are competitiveness and sustainability compatible targets?
by Salvati, Luca & Carlucci, Margherita
- 2454-2460 Optimal environmental taxes and standards: Implications of the materials balance
by Ebert, Udo & Welsch, Heinz
- 2461-2471 Forests, biomass use and poverty in Malawi
by Bandyopadhyay, Sushenjit & Shyamsundar, Priya & Baccini, Alessandro
- 2472-2485 The implications for households of environmental tax reform (ETR) in Europe
by Ekins, Paul & Pollitt, Hector & Barton, Jennifer & Blobel, Daniel
- 2486-2493 Coexistence of GM and non-GM crops with endogenously determined separation
by Gray, Emily & Ancev, Tihomir & Drynan, Ross
- 2494-2502 Analyses of water footprint of Beijing in an interregional input–output framework
by Zhang, Zhuoying & Yang, Hong & Shi, Minjun
- 2503-2510 Economic cost of deforestation in semi-deciduous forests — A case of two forest districts in Ghana
by Damnyag, Lawrence & Tyynelä, Tapani & Appiah, Mark & Saastamoinen, Olli & Pappinen, Ari
- 2511-2515 Biodiversity conservation, loss of natural capital and interest rates
by Tisdell, Clem
- 2516-2522 Local environmental regulation and plant-level productivity
by Becker, Randy A.
- 2523-2531 Provided and perceived status quo in choice experiments: Implications for valuing the outputs of multifunctional rural areas
by Domínguez-Torreiro, Marcos & Soliño, Mario
2011, Volume 70, Issue 11
- 1831-1834 A note on sustainability economics and the capability approach
by Ballet, Jérôme & Bazin, Damien & Dubois, Jean-Luc & Mahieu, François-Régis
- 1835-1836 Assets and drawbacks of the CA as a foundation for sustainability economics
by Rauschmayer, Felix & Leßmann, Ortrud
- 1837-1845 Payments for agrobiodiversity conservation services for sustained on-farm utilization of plant and animal genetic resources
by Narloch, Ulf & Drucker, Adam G. & Pascual, Unai
- 1846-1853 Issues in environmental justice within the European Union
by Laurent, Éloi
- 1854-1855 Accountability and legitimacy: An analytical challenge for earth system governance
by Biermann, Frank & Gupta, Aarti
- 1856-1864 Accountability and legitimacy in earth system governance: A research framework
by Biermann, Frank & Gupta, Aarti
- 1865-1874 Global democracy and earth system governance
by Dryzek, John S. & Stevenson, Hayley
- 1875-1881 Diversity and pluralism in earth system governance: Contemplating the role for global administrative law
by Spagnuolo, Francesca
- 1882-1890 Transparency for governance: The mechanisms and effectiveness of disclosure-based and education-based transparency policies
by Mitchell, Ronald B.
- 1891-1899 Creating legitimacy in global private governance: The case of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil
by Schouten, Greetje & Glasbergen, Pieter
- 1900-1907 From CDM to REDD+ -- What do we know for setting up effective and legitimate carbon governance?
by Lederer, Markus
- 1908-1915 Institutional design for improved forest governance through REDD: Lessons from the global environment facility
by Rosendal, G. Kristin & Andresen, Steinar
- 1916-1923 CSD water partnerships: Privatization, participation and legitimacy
by Dellas, Eleni
- 1924-1930 An integrated decision-support approach in prioritizing risks of non-indigenous species in the face of high uncertainty
by Liu, Shuang & Hurley, Michael & Lowell, Kim E. & Siddique, Abu-Baker M. & Diggle, Art & Cook, David C.
- 1931-1936 Thermodynamics on Main Street: When entropy really counts in economics
by Fisk, David
- 1937-1945 Quo Vadis MRIO? Methodological, data and institutional requirements for multi-region input-output analysis
by Wiedmann, Thomas & Wilting, Harry C. & Lenzen, Manfred & Lutter, Stephan & Palm, Viveka
- 1946-1956 Indices of biotic integrity in stated preference valuation of aquatic ecosystem services
by Johnston, Robert J. & Segerson, Kathleen & Schultz, Eric T. & Besedin, Elena Y. & Ramachandran, Mahesh
- 1957-1971 Addressing leakage in the EU ETS: Border adjustment or output-based allocation?
by Monjon, Stéphanie & Quirion, Philippe
- 1972-1980 A summary of ISEW and GPI studies at multiple scales and new estimates for Baltimore City, Baltimore County, and the State of Maryland
by Posner, Stephen M. & Costanza, Robert
- 1981-1990 On the North-South trade in the Americas and its ecological asymmetries
by Muñoz, Pablo & Strohmaier, Rita & Roca, Jordi
- 1991-2001 The economic importance of non-timber forest products (NTFPs) for livelihood maintenance of rural west African communities: A case study from northern Benin
by Heubach, Katja & Wittig, Rüdiger & Nuppenau, Ernst-August & Hahn, Karen
- 2002-2011 Forest management under fire risk when forest carbon sequestration has value
by Couture, Stéphane & Reynaud, Arnaud
- 2012-2019 Structural decomposition analysis and input-output subsystems: Changes in CO2 emissions of Spanish service sectors (2000-2005)
by Butnar, Isabela & Llop, Maria
- 2020-2027 IT for green and green IT: A proposed typology of eco-innovation
by Faucheux, S. & Nicolaï, I.
- 2028-2038 Multi-scale integrated assessment of soybean biodiesel in Brazil
by Borzoni, Matteo
- 2039-2049 Dynamic sustainability assessment: The case of Russia in the period of transition (1985-2008)
by Shmelev, Stanislav E.
- 2050-2061 An options based bioeconomic model for biological and chemical control of invasive species
by Marten, Alex L. & Moore, Christopher C.
- 2062-2069 Groundwater and ecosystems damages: Questioning the Gisser-Sánchez effect
by Esteban, Encarna & Albiac, José
- 2070-2082 International transmission of environmental policy: A New Keynesian perspective
by Ganelli, Giovanni & Tervala, Juha
- 2083-2097 Motivation crowding in environmental protection: Evidence from an artefactual field experiment
by d'Adda, Giovanna
- 2098-2104 Markets of concentration permits: The case of manure policy
by der Straeten, Bart Van & Buysse, Jeroen & Nolte, Stephan & Lauwers, Ludwig & Claeys, Dakerlia & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido
- 2105-2113 Impact of Bt cotton on pesticide poisoning in smallholder agriculture: A panel data analysis
by Kouser, Shahzad & Qaim, Matin
- 2114-2123 Assessing fishers' empowerment in inland openwater fisheries in Bangladesh
by Kabir, G.M. Shamsul & Yew, Tai Shzee & Noh, Kusairi Mohd. & Hook, Law Siong
- 2124-2136 An indicator-based integrated assessment of ecosystem change and human-well-being: Selected case studies from Indonesia, China and Japan
by Suneetha, M.S. & Rahajoe, Joeni S. & Shoyama, Kikuko & Lu, Xing & Thapa, Shubhechchha & Braimoh, Ademola K.
- 2137-2144 Pitfalls and potential of institutional change: Rain-index insurance and the sustainability of rangeland management
by Müller, Birgit & Quaas, Martin F. & Frank, Karin & Baumgärtner, Stefan
- 2145-2153 The value of nonindigenous species risk assessment in international trade
by Springborn, Michael & Romagosa, Christina M. & Keller, Reuben P.
- 2154-2162 Emergy evaluation perspectives of an irrigation improvement project proposal in China
by Chen, Dan & Webber, Michael & Chen, Jing & Luo, Zhaohui
- 2163-2174 Towards a unified scheme for environmental and social protection: Learning from PES and CCT experiences in developing countries
by Rodríguez, Luis C. & Pascual, Unai & Muradian, Roldan & Pazmino, Nathalie & Whitten, Stuart
- 2175-2180 Modeling farmer participation in agri-environmental nitrate pollution reducing schemes
by Giovanopoulou, Eirini & Nastis, Stefanos A. & Papanagiotou, Evagelos
- 2181-2190 A choice experiment on fuel taxation and earmarking in Norway
by Sclen, Håkon & Kallbekken, Steffen
- 2191-2200 Do environmental benefits matter? Evidence from a choice experiment among house owners in Germany
by Achtnicht, Martin
- 2201-2213 Income inequality and the development of environmental technologies
by Vona, Francesco & Patriarca, Fabrizio
- 2214-2223 Explaining the variation in household recycling rates across the UK
by Abbott, Andrew & Nandeibam, Shasikanta & O'Shea, Lucy
2011, Volume 70, Issue 10
- 1703-1706 Sustainability and externalities: Is the internalization of externalities a sufficient condition for sustainability?
by Bithas, Kostas
- 1707-1714 The economic valuation of biodiversity as an abstract good
by Meinard, Yves & Grill, Philippe
- 1715-1725 Valuing ecosystem and economic services across land-use scenarios in the Prairie Pothole Region of the Dakotas, USA
by Gascoigne, William R. & Hoag, Dana & Koontz, Lynne & Tangen, Brian A. & Shaffer, Terry L. & Gleason, Robert A.
- 1726-1734 Intertemporal choice of marine ecosystem exploitation
by Ravn-Jonsen, Lars J.
- 1735-1745 Evaluating the effects of area closure for recreational fishing in a coral reef ecosystem: The benefits of an integrated economic and biophysical modeling
by Gao, Lei & Hailu, Atakelty
- 1746-1755 Potential ecological and economic impacts of sea lice from farmed salmon on wild salmon fisheries
by Liu, Yajie & Sumaila, Ussif Rashid & Volpe, John Paul
- 1756-1766 Complementarity between water pricing, water rights and local water governance: A Bayesian analysis of choice behaviour of farmers in the Krishna river basin, India
by Veettil, Prakashan Chellattan & Speelman, Stijn & Frija, Aymen & Buysse, Jeroen & van Huylenbroeck, Guido
- 1767-1775 Organic food consumption in Europe: International segmentation based on value system differences
by Ruiz de Maya, Salvador & López-López, Inés & Munuera, José Luis
- 1776-1788 Environmental impacts of changes to healthier diets in Europe
by Tukker, Arnold & Goldbohm, R. Alexandra & de Koning, Arjan & Verheijden, Marieke & Kleijn, René & Wolf, Oliver & Pérez-Domínguez, Ignacio & Rueda-Cantuche, Jose M.
- 1789-1796 Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of biodiversity conservation spending
by Laycock, Helen F. & Moran, Dominic & Smart, James C.R. & Raffaelli, David G. & White, Piran C.L.
- 1797-1804 Could society's willingness to reduce pesticide use be aligned with farmers' economic self-interest?
by Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Leleu, Hervé & Ojo, Oluwaseun
- 1805-1813 The Asian clam Corbicula fluminea in the European freshwater-dependent industry: A latent threat or a friendly enemy?
by Rosa, Inês C. & Pereira, Joana L. & Gomes, João & Saraiva, Pedro M. & Gonçalves, Fernando & Costa, Raquel
- 1814-1821 Estimating and communicating food system impacts: A case study in Montreal, Quebec
by Thibert, Joël & Badami, Madhav G.
- 1822-1830 Estimating the impacts of eliminating fisheries subsidies on the small island economy of the Azores
by Carvalho, Natacha & Rege, Sameer & Fortuna, Mário & Isidro, Eduardo & Edwards-Jones, Gareth
2011, Volume 70, Issue 9
- 1565-1567 Smallholder timber sales along the Transamazon Highway: a comment
by Walker, Robert & Arima, Eugenio
- 1568-1568 Reply to Walker and Arima
by Amacher, Gregory S. & Merry, Frank & Bowman, Maria S.
- 1569-1570 Governing the commons: Learning from field and laboratory experiments
by Janssen, Marco A. & Anderies, John M.
- 1571-1579 The challenge of understanding decisions in experimental studies of common pool resource governance
by Anderies, John M. & Janssen, Marco A. & Bousquet, François & Cardenas, Juan-Camilo & Castillo, Daniel & Lopez, Maria-Claudio & Tobias, Robert & Vollan, Björn & Wutich, Amber
- 1580-1589 Reprint of: A common-pool resource experiment with postgraduate subjects from 41 countries
by Ahn, T.K. & Ostrom, Elinor & Walker, James
- 1590-1598 Head-enders as stationary bandits in asymmetric commons: Comparing irrigation experiments in the laboratory and the field
by Janssen, Marco A. & Anderies, John M. & Cardenas, Juan-Camilo
- 1599-1608 The impact of culture and ecology on cooperation in a common-pool resource experiment
by Prediger, Sebastian & Vollan, Björn & Frölich, Markus
- 1609-1620 Context matters to explain field experiments: Results from Colombian and Thai fishing villages
by Castillo, Daniel & Bousquet, François & Janssen, Marco A. & Worrapimphong, Kobchai & Cardenas, Juan Camillo
- 1621-1627 Adapting auctions for the provision of ecosystem services at the landscape scale
by Reeson, Andrew F. & Rodriguez, Luis C. & Whitten, Stuart M. & Williams, Kristen & Nolles, Karel & Windle, Jill & Rolfe, John
- 1628-1637 Are Internet surveys an alternative to face-to-face interviews in contingent valuation?
by Lindhjem, Henrik & Navrud, Ståle
- 1638-1648 An economic analysis of the possibility of reducing pesticides in French field crops
by Jacquet, Florence & Butault, Jean-Pierre & Guichard, Laurence
- 1649-1659 Valuation of ecosystem services from rural landscapes using agricultural land prices
by Ma, Shan & Swinton, Scott M.
- 1660-1671 Quantification of interdependencies between economic systems and ecosystem services: An input-output model applied to the Seine estuary
by Cordier, Mateo & Pérez Agúndez, José A. & O'Connor, Martin & Rochette, Sébastien & Hecq, Walter
- 1672-1679 Factors determining awareness and knowledge of aquatic invasive species
by Eiswerth, Mark E. & Yen, Steven T. & van Kooten, G. Cornelis
- 1680-1690 Marginal abatement costs of greenhouse gas emissions from European agriculture, cost effectiveness, and the EU non-ETS burden sharing agreement
by De Cara, Stéphane & Jayet, Pierre-Alain
- 1691-1700 How does environmental performance affect financial performance? Evidence from Japanese manufacturing firms
by Iwata, Hiroki & Okada, Keisuke
- 1701-1701 Felix Rauschmayer, Ines Omann and Johannes Frühmann, Editors, Sustainable Development: Capabilities, Needs, and Well-Being, Routledge, London and New York (2011) ISBN 978-0-415-58652-8 167 pp.
by Rothman, Dale S.
- 1701-1702 ,The Isis Agreement -- How Sustainability Can Improve Organizational Performance and Transform the World, Alan AtKisson , Earthscan (2008) ISBN 978-1-84407-415-0 322 pp
by Kristinsdottir, Sigrun Maria
2011, Volume 70, Issue 8
- 1435-1439 Correcting for the endogeneity of pro-environment behavioral choices in contingent valuation
by Martínez-Espiñeira, Roberto & Lyssenko, Nikita
- 1440-1447 An exercise in composite indicators construction: Assessing the sustainability of Italian regions
by Floridi, Matteo & Pagni, Simone & Falorni, Simone & Luzzati, Tommaso
- 1448-1458 Coupled economic-ecological systems with slow and fast dynamics -- Modelling and analysis method
by Crépin, Anne-Sophie & Norberg, Jon & Mäler, Karl-Göran
- 1459-1469 Decomposing the decoupling of CO2 emissions and economic growth in Brazil
by de Freitas, Luciano Charlita & Kaneko, Shinji
- 1470-1480 International support of climate change policies in developing countries: Strategic, moral and fairness aspects
by Rübbelke, Dirk T.G.
- 1481-1491 The conservation against development paradigm in protected areas: Valuation of ecosystem services in the Doñana social-ecological system (southwestern Spain)
by Martín-López, Berta & García-Llorente, Marina & Palomo, Ignacio & Montes, Carlos
- 1492-1498 Spatial patterns and economic contributions of mining and tourism in biodiversity hotspots: A case study in China
by Huang, Ganlin & Zhou, Weiqi & Ali, Saleem
- 1499-1507 Agriculture production versus biodiversity protection: The impact of North-South unconditional transfers
by Aulong, Stéphanie & Figuières, Charles & Thoyer, Sophie
- 1508-1518 Scope economies and technical efficiency of cocoa agroforesty systems in Ghana
by Ofori-Bah, Adeline & Asafu-Adjaye, John
- 1519-1528 What will be the environmental effects of new free-floating car-sharing systems? The case of car2go in Ulm
by Firnkorn, Jörg & Müller, Martin
- 1529-1535 Is fairness blind?--The effect of framing on preferences for effort-sharing rules
by Carlsson, Fredrik & Kataria, Mitesh & Lampi, Elina & Löfgren, Åsa & Sterner, Thomas
- 1536-1545 Farmers adoption of integrated crop protection and organic farming: Do moral and social concerns matter?
by Mzoughi, Naoufel
- 1546-1557 Stimulating different types of eco-innovation in the UK: Government policies and firm motivations
by Demirel, Pelin & Kesidou, Effie
- 1558-1564 Determinants of farmers' willingness to participate in subsidy schemes for pesticide-free buffer zones--A choice experiment study
by Christensen, Tove & Pedersen, Anders Branth & Nielsen, Helle Oersted & Mørkbak, Morten Raun & Hasler, Berit & Denver, Sigrid
2011, Volume 70, Issue 7
- 1243-1249 The economic impact of shale gas extraction: A review of existing studies
by Kinnaman, Thomas C.
- 1250-1258 Valuing water level changes in reservoirs using two stated preference approaches: An exploration of validity
by Lienhoop, Nele & Ansmann, Till
- 1259-1265 On the merits of plant-based proteins for global food security: Marrying macro and micro perspectives
by de Boer, Joop & Aiking, Harry
- 1266-1268 Ecological Economics and Environmental History
by Paavola, Jouni & Fraser, Evan D.G.
- 1269-1279 Can economic, land use and climatic stresses lead to famine, disease, warfare and death? Using Europe's calamitous 14th century as a parable for the modern age
by Fraser, Evan D.G.
- 1280-1288 Foreign trade and early industrialisation in the Habsburg Monarchy and the United Kingdom -- Two extremes in comparison
by Gingrich, Simone
- 1289-1296 Reprint of: Sewage Pollution and Institutional and Technological Change in the United States, 1830-1915
by Paavola, Jouni
- 1297-1308 Water scarcity, social power and the production of an elite suburb: The political ecology of water in Matadepera, Catalonia
by Otero, Iago & Kallis, Giorgos & Aguilar, Raül & Ruiz, Vicenç
- 1309-1315 Energy, property, and the industrial revolution narrative
by Barca, Stefania
- 1316-1324 Profits and poverty: Certification's troubled link for Nicaragua's organic and fairtrade coffee producers
by Beuchelt, Tina D. & Zeller, Manfred
- 1325-1335 Willingness to pay for other species' well-being
by Naald, Brian Vander & Cameron, Trudy Ann
- 1336-1343 Species diversity, fishing induced change in carrying capacity and sustainable fisheries management
by Akpalu, Wisdom & Bitew, Worku T.
- 1344-1353 The impact of urbanization on CO2 emissions: Evidence from developing countries
by Martínez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Maruotti, Antonello
- 1354-1362 Oil consumption and economic efficiency: A comparative analysis of advanced, developing and emerging economies
by Halkos, George E. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G.
- 1363-1374 A nonparametric analysis of the impact of agri-environmental advisory activities on best management practice adoption: A case study of Québec
by Tamini, Lota D.
- 1375-1380 Is economic growth for the birds?
by Strong, Aaron & Tschirhart, John & Finnoff, David
- 1381-1394 Structuring stakeholder participation in New Zealand's water resource governance
by Lennox, James & Proctor, Wendy & Russell, Shona
- 1395-1405 Hot spots regulation and environmental justice
by Turaga, Rama Mohana R. & Noonan, Douglas & Bostrom, Ann
- 1406-1414 Adoption of organic farming: Are there differences between early and late adoption?
by Läpple, Doris & Rensburg, Tom Van
- 1415-1423 Adoption of safer irrigation technologies and cropping patterns: Evidence from Southern Ghana
by Abdulai, Awudu & Owusu, Victor & Bakang, John-Eudes A.
- 1424-1433 Price discovery and intermediation in linked emissions trading markets: A laboratory study
by Cason, Timothy N. & Gangadharan, Lata
2011, Volume 70, Issue 6
- 1019-1020 Sustainability economics as a contested concept
by Söderbaum, Peter
- 1021-1031 A review on cost-effectiveness analysis of agri-environmental measures related to the EU WFD: Key issues, methods, and applications
by Balana, Bedru Babulo & Vinten, Andy & Slee, Bill
- 1032-1040 Tracing distant environmental impacts of agricultural products from a consumer perspective
by Kastner, Thomas & Kastner, Michael & Nonhebel, Sanderine
- 1041-1050 Matching users' rights to available groundwater
by Raffensperger, John F.
- 1051-1056 Application of PCA integrated with CA and GIS in eco-economic regionalization of Chinese Loess Plateau
by Zhang, Qing-feng & Wu, Fa-qi & Wang, Li & Yuan, Lifeng & Zhao, Long-shan
- 1057-1065 The rising culture and worldview of contemporary spirituality: A sociological study of potentials and pitfalls for sustainable development
by Hedlund-de Witt, Annick
- 1066-1074 How well do tree plantations comply with the twin targets of the Clean Development Mechanism? -- The case of tree plantations in Tanzania
by Glomsrød, Solveig & Wei, Taoyuan & Liu, Gang & Aune, Jens B.
- 1075-1087 The relative influences of land-owner and landscape heterogeneity in an agent-based model of land-use
by Kelley, Hugh & Evans, Tom
- 1088-1100 A new fuzzy multi-criteria framework for measuring sustainability performance of a supply chain
by Erol, Ismail & Sencer, Safiye & Sari, Ramazan
- 1101-1108 Distal order effects in stated preference surveys
by Cai, Beilei & Cameron, Trudy Ann & Gerdes, Geoffrey R.
- 1109-1120 Macroeconomic conditions in the U.S. and congressional voting on environmental policy: 1970-2008
by Tanger, Shaun M. & Zeng, Peng & Morse, Wayde & Laband, David N.
- 1121-1128 The relationship between resilience and sustainability of ecological-economic systems
by Derissen, Sandra & Quaas, Martin F. & Baumgärtner, Stefan
- 1129-1138 Optimal detection strategies for an established invasive pest
by Homans, Frances & Horie, Tetsuya
- 1139-1153 Cost-effective compensation to avoid carbon emissions from forest loss: An approach to consider price-quantity effects and risk-aversion
by Knoke, Thomas & Steinbeis, Otto-Emmanuel & Bösch, Matthias & Román-Cuesta, Rosa María & Burkhardt, Thomas
- 1154-1161 Analysing the profitability of the Spanish fleet after the anchovy moratorium using bootstrap techniques
by Garza-Gil, M. Dolores & Varela-Lafuente, Manuel M. & Caballero-Miguez, Gonzalo & Álvarez-Díaz, Marcos
- 1162-1169 The trade-off between agriculture and biodiversity in marginal areas: Can crofting and bumblebee conservation be reconciled?
by Osgathorpe, Lynne M. & Park, Kirsty & Goulson, Dave & Acs, Szvetlana & Hanley, Nick
- 1170-1177 Embedding effects in choice experiment valuations of environmental preservation projects
by Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl & Lundhede, Thomas Hedemark & Martinsen, Louise & Hasler, Berit & Thorsen, Bo Jellesmark
- 1178-1188 One model fits all? -- On the moderating role of emotional engagement and confusion in the elicitation of preferences for climate change adaptation policies
by Fischer, Anke & Glenk, Klaus
- 1189-1199 Sustainability and the value of the 'regulating' services: Wetlands and water quality in Lake Victoria
by Simonit, Silvio & Perrings, Charles
- 1200-1210 Cooperation and framing effects in provision point mechanisms: Experimental evidence
by Bougherara, Douadia & Denant-Boemont, Laurent & Masclet, David
- 1211-1219 Unsustainable timber harvesting, deforestation and the role of certification
by Damette, Olivier & Delacote, Philippe
- 1220-1230 Eco-labeling in commercial office markets: Do LEED and Energy Star offices obtain multiple premiums?
by Fuerst, Franz & McAllister, Pat
- 1231-1239 Combining ecological and recreational aspects in national park management: A choice experiment application
by Juutinen, Artti & Mitani, Yohei & Mäntymaa, Erkki & Shoji, Yasushi & Siikamäki, Pirkko & Svento, Rauli
- 1240-1240 Collier Paul , The Plundered Planet, Why We Must - and How We Can - Manage Nature for Global Prosperity, Oxford University Press (2010) ISBN 978-0-19-539525-9 271 pp.
by Söderbaum, Peter
- 1240-1241 Ernst von Weizsäcker, Karlson Hargroves, Michael H. Smith, Cheryl Desha and Peter Stasinopoulos , Factor Five: Transforming the Global Economy Through 80% Improvements in Resource Productivity, Earthscan (2009) 340 pp., ISBN 978-1844075911
by Polimeni, John M.
2011, Volume 70, Issue 5
- 849-862 A bibliometric account of the evolution of EE in the last two decades: Is ecological economics (becoming) a post-normal science?
by Castro e Silva, Manuela & Teixeira, Aurora A.C.
- 863-872 Groundwater balance and conservation under different water pricing and agricultural policy scenarios: A case study of the Hamadan-Bahar plain
by Balali, Hamid & Khalilian, Sadegh & Viaggi, Davide & Bartolini, Fabio & Ahmadian, Majid
- 873-880 In defence of degrowth
by Kallis, Giorgos
- 881-890 Environment versus growth -- A criticism of "degrowth" and a plea for "a-growth"
by van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M.
- 891-899 Farming system modelling for agri-environmental policy design: The case of a spatially non-aggregated allocation of conservation measures
by Bamière, Laure & Havlík, Petr & Jacquet, Florence & Lherm, Michel & Millet, Guy & Bretagnolle, Vincent
- 900-909 A dimensionally consistent aggregation framework for biophysical metrics
by Malghan, Deepak
- 910-920 Biological conservation in dynamic agricultural landscapes: Effectiveness of public policies and trade-offs with agricultural production
by Barraquand, F. & Martinet, V.
- 921-928 Net primary production and gross domestic product in China derived from satellite imagery
by Zhao, Naizhuo & Currit, Nate & Samson, Eric
- 929-941 Quantitative versus qualitative growth with recyclable resource
by Fagnart, Jean-François & Germain, Marc
- 942-950 Corporate performance implications of extended stakeholder management: New insights on mediation and moderation effects
by Wagner, Marcus
- 951-962 Endogenous property rights regimes, common-pool resources and trade
by Galinato, Gregmar I.
- 963-970 No matter how it is measured, income declines with global warming
by Ng, Pin & Zhao, Xiaobing
- 971-977 When the public good conflicts with an apparent preference for unsustainable behaviour
by Bullock, Craig H. & Collier, Marcus
- 978-987 What really matters: Discounting, technological change and sustainable climate
by Müller-Fürstenberger, Georg & Stephan, Gunter
- 988-994 Biocapacity supply and demand in Northwestern China: A spatial appraisal of sustainability
by Yue, Dongxia & Xu, Xiaofeng & Hui, Cang & Xiong, Youcai & Han, Xuemei & Ma, Jinhui
- 995-1005 Species preservation versus development: An experimental investigation under uncertainty
by Grijalva, Therese & Berrens, Robert P. & Shaw, W. Douglass
- 1006-1015 Opening a policy window for organisational change and full-cost accounting: The creation of BC Hydro's water use planning program
by Scodanibbio, Lucia
- 1016-1016 Mark Everard, The Business of Biodiversity , WIT Press, Southampton and Boston (2009) ISBN 978-1-84564-208-2 240 pp.
by Ninan, K.N.
- 1016-1017 S. Latouche, The degrowth proposal , Farewell to Growth, Polity Press (2009)
by Kallis, Giorgos
2011, Volume 70, Issue 4
- 571-576 Property rights and liability for deforestation under REDD+: Implications for 'permanence' in policy design
by Palmer, Charles
- 577-584 Pursuing self-interest or self-actualization? From capitalism to a steady-state, wisdom economy
by Murtaza, Niaz
- 585-594 Incentivizing sustainable waste management
by Wagner, Jeffrey
- 595-605 Significance of environment in the assessment of sustainable development: The case for south west Victoria
by Wallis, Anne M. & Graymore, Michelle L.M. & Richards, Anneke J.
- 606-616 The evolutionary approach to entropy: Reconciling Georgescu-Roegen's natural philosophy with the maximum entropy framework
by Herrmann-Pillath, Carsten
- 617-626 Bio economic modeling for a sustainable management of biodiversity in agricultural lands
by Mouysset, L. & Doyen, L. & Jiguet, F. & Allaire, G. & Leger, F.
- 627-640 Optimal management of an ecosystem with an unknown threshold
by Brozovic, Nicholas & Schlenker, Wolfram
- 641-650 Public transaction costs of agri-environmental schemes and their determinants--Analysing stakeholders' involvement and perceptions
by Mettepenningen, E. & Beckmann, V. & Eggers, J.
- 651-658 Trust, reputation and relationships in grazing rights markets: An experimental economic study
by Reeson, Andrew F. & Tisdell, John G. & McAllister, Ryan R.J.
- 659-666 A duration analysis of environmental alternative dispute resolution in Japan
by Matsumoto, Shigeru
- 667-675 Species protection from current reserves: Economic and biological considerations, spatial issues and policy evaluation
by Hamaide, Bertrand & Sheerin, Jack
- 676-687 Biofuel policies and the environment: Do climate benefits warrant increased production from biofuel feedstocks?
by Lankoski, Jussi & Ollikainen, Markku
- 688-697 Management of an annual fishery in the presence of ecological stress: The case of shrimp and hypoxia
by Huang, Ling & Smith, Martin D.
- 698-712 On conflict over natural resources
by Reuveny, Rafael & Maxwell, John W. & Davis, Jefferson
- 713-720 An assessment of the influence of bioenergy and marketed land amenity values on land uses in the Midwestern US
by Choi, Suk-Won & Sohngen, Brent & Alig, Ralph
- 721-728 Can domestication of wildlife lead to conservation? The economics of tiger farming in China
by Abbott, Brant & van Kooten, G. Cornelis
- 729-739 Economic valuation of species loss in the open sea
by Ressurreição, Adriana & Gibbons, James & Dentinho, Tomaz Ponce & Kaiser, Michel & Santos, Ricardo S. & Edwards-Jones, Gareth
- 740-748 Assessment of net ecosystem services of plastic greenhouse vegetable cultivation in China
by Chang, Jie & Wu, Xu & Liu, Anqin & Wang, Yan & Xu, Bin & Yang, Wu & Meyerson, Laura A. & Gu, Baojing & Peng, Changhui & Ge, Ying
- 749-758 The blue, green and grey water footprint of rice from production and consumption perspectives
by Chapagain, A.K. & Hoekstra, A.Y.
- 759-770 Environmental regulation and investment: Evidence from European industry data
by Leiter, Andrea M. & Parolini, Arno & Winner, Hannes
- 771-777 Fine-scale conservation planning outside of reserves: Cost-effective selection of retention patches at final harvest
by Perhans, Karin & Glöde, Dan & Gilbertsson, Jessica & Persson, Anette & Gustafsson, Lena
- 778-787 Shared wealth or nobody's land? The worth of natural capital and ecosystem services
by Ulgiati, Sergio & Zucaro, Amalia & Franzese, Pier Paolo
- 788-797 Regional development or resource preservation? A perspective from Japanese appliance exports
by Fuse, Masaaki & Yamasue, Eiji & Reck, Barbara K. & Graedel, T.E.