Citations for "Pervasive Shortages under Socialism"
by Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny
- da Rocha, Bruno T., 2015. "Let the markets begin: The interplay between free prices and privatisation in early transition," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 350-370.
- Kulshreshtha Pravin, . "Bureaucratic Corruption: Efficiency Virtue or Distributive Vice?," IIMA Working Papers WP2003-03-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Simona Grassi & Ching-to Albert Ma, 2007. "Subsidy Design and Asymmetric Information: Wealth versus Benefits," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-033, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1994. "The Politics of Market Socialism," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 165-176, Spring.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1996.
"Government in Transition,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1783, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Soumyen Sikdar & Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2005. "A Model Of Corruption In An Investment Project," Public Economics 0510020, EconWPA.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1994.
"Taking Trade Policy Seriously: Export Subsidization as a Case Study in Policy Effectiveness,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
900, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dani Rodrik, 1993. "Taking Trade Policy Seriously: Export Subsidization as a Case Study in Policy Effectiveness," NBER Working Papers 4567, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexeev, Michael & Leitzel, James, 2001.
"Income distribution and price controls: Targeting a social safety net during economic transition,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1647-1663, October.
- Michael Alexeev & James Leitzel, 1999. "Income Distribution and Price Controls: Targeting a Social Safety Net During Economic Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 281, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Levy, Daniel, 2007.
"Price adjustment under the table: Evidence on efficiency-enhancing corruption,"
1648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Levy, Daniel, 2007. "Price adjustment under the table: Evidence on efficiency-enhancing corruption," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 423-447, June.
- Daniel Levy, 2006. "Price Adjustment Under the Table: Evidence on Efficiency-enhancing Corruption," Emory Economics 0605, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Ladislava Grochova & Tomas Otahal, 2011. "Corruption, Rule of Law, and Economic Efficiency: Selected Anecdotic Evidence of Bureaucratic Corruption from the Czech and Slovak Republics," MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics 2011-13, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Marianne Bertrand & Rema Hanna & Sendhil Mullainathan & Simeon Djankov, 2006.
"Does corruption produce unsafe drivers?,"
Natural Field Experiments
00218, The Field Experiments Website.
- David Romer, 1997.
"Misconceptions and Political Outcomes,"
NBER Working Papers
6117, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- von Furstenberg, George M & Spangenberg, Nicholas O, 1996. "The Political Temptations of Rationing by Insiders," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 88(1-2), pages 69-81, July.
- Berkowitz, Daniel, 1996. "On the persistence of rationing following liberalization: A theory for economies in transition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1259-1279, June.
- Wei Li, 2000. "Corruption and Resource Allocation Under China's Dual Track System," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0179, Econometric Society.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Ghosh Dastidar, Krishnendu, 2014.
"Corruption, efficiency wage and union leadership,"
57050, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 1996.
"The Social Costs of Rent Control Revisted,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1747, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Daniel Berkowitz & David DeJong, 1998.
"Russia's Internal Border,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
189, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Liu, Ting & Sun, Jiayin, 2007. "Informal payments in developing countries' public health sector," MPRA Paper 5279, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kolomak Evgeniya, 2004. "How high are the barriers of the regional price regulation in Russia?," EERC Working Paper Series 04-11e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Peter Boettke & Christopher Coyne & Peter Leeson & Frederic Sautet, 2005. "The New Comparative Political Economy," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 281-304, December.
- Kulshreshtha, Praveen, 2007. "An efficiency and welfare classification of rationing by waiting in the presence of bribery," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 530-548, July.
- David Levy & Sandra Peart, 2006. "The fragility of a discipline when a model has monopoly status," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 125-136, June.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Ghosh Dastidar, Krishnendu, 2014. "Corruption in union leadership," MPRA Paper 53281, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhou, Huizhong, 1997. "Partial reform and full price liberalization in the short and the long run," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 53-66.
- Barassi, Marco R. & Zhou, Ying, 2012. "The effect of corruption on FDI: A parametric and non-parametric analysis," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 302-312.
- Spagat, M., 1995. "Leaving some stones unturned: A reassessment of iterative planning theory," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 85-105, September.