The New Comparative Political Economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rutherford,Malcolm, 1996. "Institutions in Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521574471, March.
- James D. Gwartney & Robert A. Lawson & Randall G. Holcombe, 1999. "Economic Freedom and the Environment for Economic Growth," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 155(4), pages 643-643, December.
- Douglass C. North, 2005. "Introduction to Understanding the Process of Economic Change," Introductory Chapters,in: Understanding the Process of Economic Change Princeton University Press.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1992. "Pervasive Shortages under Socialism," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(2), pages 237-246, Summer.
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766.
- Boettke Peter J. & Coyne Christopher J. & Leeson Peter T., 2004. "The Many Faces of the Market," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-18, December.
- Joshua Hall & Robert Lawson, 2009. "Economic Freedom and Peace," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 37(4), pages 445-446, December.
- Ellman, Michael, 1975. "Did the Agricultural Surplus Provide the Resources for the Increase in Investment in the U SSR During the First Five Year Plan?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(340), pages 844-863, December.
- Anderson, Gary M & Boettke, Peter J, 1993. "Perestroika and Public Choice: The Economics of Autocratic Succession in a Rent-Seeking Society," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 75(2), pages 101-118, February.
- Peter T. Leeson, 2006. "Self-Enforcing Arrangements and Heterogeneous Groups," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(4), pages 891-907, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Meadowcroft & Mark Pennington, 2008. "Bonding and bridging: Social capital and the communitarian critique of liberal markets," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 21(2), pages 119-133, September.
- Johnson, Marianne & Kovzik, Alexander, 2016. "Teaching comparative economic systems 25 years after the collapse of the Soviet Union," International Review of Economics Education, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 23-33.
- Boettke, Peter & Fink, Alexander, 2011. "Institutions first," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 499-504, December.
- Peter T. Leeson, 2008. "Escaping Poverty: Foreign Aid, Private Property, and Economic Development," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 23(Spring 20), pages 39-64.
- Peter Boettke & Rosolino Candela, 2014. "Hayek, Leoni, and Law as the Fifth Factor of Production," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 42(2), pages 123-131, June.
- repec:kap:revaec:v:30:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11138-017-0375-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. B. Rosser-Jr. & M. Rosser., 2009. "A Critique of the New Comparative Economics," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 8.
- Leonid Krasnozhon, 2013. "Institutional stickiness of democracy in post-communist states: Can prevailing culture explain it?," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 221-237, June.
- Jochem, Torsten & Murtazashvili, Ilia & Murtazashvili, Jennifer, 2016. "Establishing Local Government in Fragile States: Experimental Evidence from Afghanistan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 293-310.
- Harris, E., 2002. "Historical regulation of Victoria's water sector: A case of government failure?," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(3), September.
- Choi, Jongmoo Jay & Lee, Sang Mook & Shoham, Amir, 2016. "The effects of institutional distance on FDI inflow: General environmental institutions (GEI) versus minority investor protection institutions (MIP)," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 114-123.
- Nicholas Curott, 2010. "Christopher J. Coyne and Peter T. Leeson, Media, Development, and Institutional Change," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 23(4), pages 419-423, December.
- Sinclair Davidson & Jason Potts, 2016. "The Social Costs of Innovation Policy," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3), pages 282-293, October.
- Thierry Aimar, 2009. "The curious destiny of a heterodoxy: The Austrian economic tradition," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 22(3), pages 199-207, September.
- Smith, Adam & Judge, William & Pezeshkan, Amir & Nair, Anil, 2016. "Institutionalizing entrepreneurial expertise in subsistence economies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 910-922.
- Daniel D’Amico, 2010. "Jesus Huerta de Soto, Book review of The Austrian school: Market order and entrepreneurial creativity," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 23(2), pages 193-198, June.
More about this item
Keywordscomparative economics; culture; economic development; institutions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revaec:v:18:y:2005:i:3:p:281-304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .