Tayloristic rather than Taylorists: The Influence of Taylor on the East German Communists, 1945-51
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglass C. North, 2005. "Introduction to Understanding the Process of Economic Change," Introductory Chapters,in: Understanding the Process of Economic Change Princeton University Press.
- Daniel A. Wren & Arthur G. Bedeian, 2004. "The Taylorization of Lenin: rhetoric or reality?," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(3), pages 287-299, August.
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766.
- Wagener, Hans-Jurgen, 2003. "Dictatorship, State Planning, and Social Theory in the German Democratic Republic: P.C. Caldwell (Ed.), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2003, 230 pp., US$ 60," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 335-338, September.
More about this item
KeywordsTaylorism; East Germany; norms; differential piece rate; workplace relations;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J53 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Labor-Management Relations; Industrial Jurisprudence
- N34 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: 1913-
- N44 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: 1913-
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mos:moswps:2011-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .