Corruption and firm behavior: evidence from African ports
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Amodio & Jieun Choi & Giacomo de Giorgi & Aminur Rahman, 2018.
"Bribes vs. Taxes: Market Structure and Incentives,"
- Amodio, Francesco & De Giorgi, Giacomo & Rahman, Aminur, 2018. "Bribes vs. Taxes: Market Structure and Incentives," CEPR Discussion Papers 13055, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Amodio, Francesco & Choi, Jieun & De Giorgi, Giacomo & Rahman, Aminur, 2018. "Bribes vs. Taxes: Market Structure and Incentives," IZA Discussion Papers 11668, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Reshad N. Ahsan, 2017.
"Does Corruption Attenuate The Effect Of Red Tape On Exports?,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(3), pages 1192-1212, July.
- Reshad N. Ahsan, 2015. "Does Corruption Attenuate the Effect of Red Tape on Exports," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 2015, The University of Melbourne.
- Jaime DE MELO & Laurent WAGNER, 2016.
"Aid for Trade and the Trade Facilitation Agreement: What they can do for LDCs,"
- Jaime DE MELO & Laurent WAGNER, 2016. "Aid for Trade and the Trade Facilitation Agreement: What they can do for LDCs," Working Papers P153, FERDI.
- Chalendard,Cyril Romain & Raballand,Gael J. R. F. & Rakotoarisoa,Antsa, 2016. "The use of detailed statistical data in customs reform : the case of Madagascar," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7625, The World Bank.
- Fontagné, Lionel & Orefice, Gianluca & Piermartini, Roberta, 2016.
"Making (small) firms happy: The heterogeneous effect of trade facilitation measures,"
WTO Staff Working Papers
ERSD-2016-03, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Lionel Fontagné & Gianluca Orefice & Roberta Piermartini, 2017. "Making (Small) Firms Happy. The Heterogeneous Effect of Trade Facilitation Measures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01476546, HAL.
- Lionel Fontagné & Gianluca Orefice & Roberta Piermartini, 2016. "Making (Small) Firms Happy. The Heterogeneous Effect of Trade Facilitation Measures," Working Papers 2016-08, CEPII research center.
- Lionel Gérard Fontagné & Gianluca Orefice & Roberta Piermartini, 2016. "Making (Small) Firms Happy. The Heterogeneous Effect of Trade Facilitation Measures," CESifo Working Paper Series 5899, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael Mbate, 2018.
"Who bears the burden of bribery? Evidence from public service delivery in Kenya,"
Development Policy Review,
Overseas Development Institute, vol. 36(S1), pages 321-340, March.
- Mbate, Michael, 2015. "Who bears the burden of bribery? Evidence from Public Service Delivery in Kenya," MPRA Paper 71654, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eberhard-Ruiz, Andreas & Calabrese, Linda, 2018. "Trade facilitation, transport costs and the price of trucking services in East Africa," MPRA Paper 87150, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Axel Demenet & Hoang-Anh Ho & Sarah Morcillo, 2017. "Firm-level corruption: Unravelling sand from grease," WIDER Working Paper Series 123, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sequeira, Sandra, 2016. "Corruption, trade costs, and gains from tariff liberalization: evidence from Southern Africa," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 68286, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Couttenier, Mathieu & Toubal, Farid, 2017. "Corruption for sales," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 56-66.
- Emmanuelle Lavallée & François Roubaud, 2018.
"Corruption in the Informal Sector: Evidence from West Africa,"
- Emmanuelle Lavallée & François Roubaud, 2018. "Corruption in the informal sector: evidence from West Africa," Working Papers DT/2018/07, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Athanasouli, Daphne & Goujard, Antoine, 2015.
"Corruption and management practices: Firm level evidence,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 1014-1034.
- Daphne Athanasouli & Antoine Goujard, 2013. "Corruption and Management Practices Firm Level Evidence," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 121, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- Suárez-Alemán, Ancor & Morales Sarriera, Javier & Serebrisky, Tomás & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2016.
"When it comes to container port efficiency, are all developing regions equal?,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 56-77.
- Ancor Suárez-Alemán & Javier Morales Sarriera & Tomás Serebrisky & Lourdes Trujillo, 2015. "When It Comes to Container Port Efficiency, Are All Developing Regions Equal?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6788, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Agarwal,Sumit & Morais,Bernardo & Ruiz Ortega,Claudia & Zhang,Jian, 2016. "The political economy of bank lending : evidence from an emerging market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7577, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:27:y:2018:i:1:p:218-230 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jotrge:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:94-101 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:115-126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dmitry Ryvkin & Danila Serra, 2019.
"Is More Competition Always Better? An Experimental Study Of Extortionary Corruption,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 57(1), pages 50-72, January.
- Dmitry Ryvkin & Danila Serra, 2015. "Is more competition always better? An experimental study of extortionary corruption," Working Papers wp2015_10_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Neng-Chieh Chang, 2018. "Semiparametric Difference-in-Differences with Potentially Many Control Variables," Papers 1812.10846, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2019.
- repec:taf:apeclt:v:24:y:2017:i:4:p:258-263 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gneezy, Uri & Saccardo, Silvia & van Veldhuizen, Roel, 2016. "Bribery: Greed versus reciprocity," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Behavior SP II 2016-203, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:39:y:2018:i:4:p:1083-1111 is not listed on IDEAS
- Germana Corrado & Luisa Corrado & Giuseppe De Michele & Francesco Salustri, 2017. "Are Perceptions of Corruption Matching Reality? Theory and Evidence from Microdata," CEIS Research Paper 420, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 14 Dec 2017.
- Sandra Sequeira, 2016. "Corruption, Trade Costs, and Gains from Tariff Liberalization: Evidence from Southern Africa," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 106(10), pages 3029-3063, October.
- repec:bla:econom:v:85:y:2018:i:338:p:383-405 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscorruption; firm behavior; transport; ports; trade costs;
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:60833. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.