The Simple Economics of Open Source
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lerner, Josh & Tirole, Jean, 2001. "The open source movement: Key research questions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 819-826, May.
- Mateos-Garcia, Juan & Steinmueller, W. Edward, 2008. "The institutions of open source software: Examining the Debian community," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 333-344, December.
- Grimaldi, Rosa & Torrisi, Salvatore, 2001.
"Codified-tacit and general-specific knowledge in the division of labour among firms: A study of the software industry,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1425-1442, December.
- Salvatore Torrisi & Rosa Grimaldi, 2001. "Codified-Tacit and General-Specific Knowledge in the division of labour among firms. A study of the Software Industry," LIUC Papers in Economics 85, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Dalle, Jean-Michel & Jullien, Nicolas, 2003.
"'Libre' software: turning fads into institutions?,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-11, January.
- Jean-Michel Dalle & Nicolas Jullien, 2003. ""Libre" software : turning fads into institutions?," Post-Print hal-00287967, HAL.
- Pierre-Alain Muet, 2006. "Impacts économiques de la révolution numérique," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 57(3), pages 347-375.
- Frank A.G. den Butter & Stefan P.T. Groot & Faroek Lazrak, 2007. "The Transaction Costs Perspective on Standards as a Source of Trade and Productivity Growth," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-090/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- von Krogh, Georg & von Hippel, Eric, 2003. "Special issue on open source software development," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1149-1157, July.
- Alexandre Gaudeul, 2004.
"The LaTeX project: A case study of open-source software,"
0409009, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alex Gaudeul, 2004. "The LaTeX project: A case study of open source software," Industrial Organization 0409010, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Apr 2005.
- P. Mohnen & F. Palm & S. Loeff & A. Tiwari, 2008.
"Financial Constraints and Other Obstacles: are they a Threat to Innovation Activity?,"
De Economist, Springer, vol. 156(2), pages 201-214, June.
- Mohnen, Pierre & Palm, Franz & Schim van der Loeff, Sybrand & Tiwari, Amaresh, 2008. "Financial Constraints and Other Obstacles: Are they a Threat to Innovation Activity?," MERIT Working Papers 2008-006, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Sybrand Schim van der Loeff & Pierre Mohnen & Franz Palm & Amaresh K. Tiwari, 2008. "Financial Constraints and other Obstacles: Are they a Threat to Innovation Activity?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2204, CESifo.
- Powell, J.P., 2010. "The limits of economic self-interest : The case of open source software," Other publications TiSEM fc6d2aa1-8b29-40be-b888-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Arjo Klamer & Hendrik van Dalen, 2001. "Attention and the art of scientific publishing," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 289-315.
- Nancy T. Gallini, 2002. "The Economics of Patents: Lessons from Recent U.S. Patent Reform," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(2), pages 131-154, Spring.
- Sebastian von Engelhardt, 2010. "Quality Competition or Quality Cooperation? License-Type and the Strategic Nature of Open Source vs. Closed Source Business Models," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-034, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Xavier Lecocq & Benoît Demil, 2005. "Les effets de l’introduction d’un système ouvert sur la structure d’un secteur : le cas de l’industrie américaine du jeu de rôle," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 8(3), pages 105-123, September.
- Rajeev K. Tyagi, 2004. "Technological Advances, Transaction Costs, and Consumer Welfare," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(3), pages 335-344, January.
- O'Mahony, Siobhan, 2003. "Guarding the commons: how community managed software projects protect their work," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1179-1198, July.
- Linus Dahlander, 2005. "Appropriation And Appropriability In Open Source Software," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(03), pages 259-285.
- Cowan, Robin & Harison, Elad, 2001. "Protecting the digital endeavour: prospects for intellectual property rights in the information society," Research Memorandum 027, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Binenbaum, Eran, 2003. "The Intellectual Property Strategy of International Agricultural Research Centres," 2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia 57835, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Markus Pasche & Sebastian von Engelhardt, 2004. "Volkswirtschaftliche Aspekte der Open-Source-Softwareentwicklung," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 18/2004, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Alessandro Rossi & Alessandro Narduzzo, 2003. "Modular design and the development of complex artifact lesson fron free open source software," Quaderni DISA 080, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 29 Sep 2003.
- Gwendolyn K. Lee & Robert E. Cole, 2003. "From a Firm-Based to a Community-Based Model of Knowledge Creation: The Case of the Linux Kernel Development," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(6), pages 633-649, December.
- Juan Mateos Garcia & W. Edward Steinmueller, 2003. "The Open Source Way of Working: a New Paradigm for the Division of Labour in Software Development?," SPRU Working Paper Series 92, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Alessandro Narduzzo & Alessandro Rossi, 2003. "Modular Design and the Development of Complex Artifacts: Lessons from Free/Open Source Software," ROCK Working Papers 021, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 12 Jun 2008.
- John P. Conley & Fan‐Chin Kung, 2010. "Private Benefits, Warm Glow, and Reputation in the Free and Open Source Software Production Model," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 12(4), pages 665-689, August.
- Erickson, Kristofer, 2018. "Can creative firms thrive without copyright? Value generation and capture from private-collective innovation," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 61(5), pages 699-709.
- Eric von Hippel & Georg von Krogh, 2003. "Open Source Software and the “Private-Collective” Innovation Model: Issues for Organization Science," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(2), pages 209-223, April.
- Campbell-Kelly, Martin & Garcia-Swartz, Daniel D., 2009. "Pragmatism, not ideology: Historical perspectives on IBM's adoption of open-source software," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 229-244, August.
- Deng, Feng, 2008. "What Is “Open”? An Economic Analysis of Open Institutions," MPRA Paper 8888, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dean Baker, 2016. "Working Paper: Rents and Inefficiency in the Patent and Copyright System: Is There a Better Route?," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2016-12, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Giovanni Baiocchi, 2007. "Reproducible research in computational economics: guidelines, integrated approaches, and open source software," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 19-40, August.
- Paola Giuri & Gaia Rocchetti & Salvatore Torrisi, 2002. "Open Source Software: From Open Science to New Marketing Models," LEM Papers Series 2002/23, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Martin Campbell-Kelly & Daniel Garcia-Swartz, 2010. "The Move to the Middle: Convergence of the Open-Source and Proprietary Software Industries," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 223-252.
- Tomak, Kerem & Keskin, Tayfun, 2008. "Exploring the trade-off between immediate gratification and delayed network externalities in the consumption of information goods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(3), pages 887-902, June.