The Distribution of Public Services: An Exploration of Local Governmental Preferences
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric J. Brunner & Stephen L. Ross, 2009. "Is the Median Voter Decisive? Evidence of 'Ends Against the Middle' From Referenda Voting Patterns," Working papers 2009-02, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised May 2010.
- Tajika, Tomoya, 2015. "Japanese government and utilitarian behavior," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 90-107.
- Brunner, Eric J. & Ross, Stephen L., 2010. "Is the median voter decisive? Evidence from referenda voting patterns," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 898-910, December.
- Pradhan, Menno & Ravallion, Martin, 2003.
"Who wants safer streets? Explaining concern for public safety in Brazil,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 17-33, February.
- Menno Pradhan & Martin Ravallion, 2001. "Who wants Safer Streets? Explaining Concern for Public Safety in Brazil," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-093/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ajwad, Mohamed Ihsan, 2006. "Is intrajurisdictional resource allocation equitable?: An analysis of campus-level spending data for Texas elementary schools," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 552-564, September.
- Zheng, Xinye & Li, Fanghua & Song, Shunfeng & Yu, Yihua, 2013.
"Central government's infrastructure investment across Chinese regions: A dynamic spatial panel data approach,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 264-276.
- Zheng, Xinye & Li, Fanghua & Song, Shunfeng & Yu, Yihua, 2013. "Central Government's Infrastructure Investment across Chinese Regions: A Dynamic Spatial Panel Data Approach," MPRA Paper 50407, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Germa Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2009.
"Preventing competition because of 'solidarity': rhetoric and reality of airport investments in Spain,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(22), pages 2853-2865.
- Germà Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2005. "Preventing competition because of “solidarity”: Rhetoric and reality of airport investments in Spain," Public Economics 0511012, EconWPA.
- Craig, Steven G. & Holsey, Cheryl M., 1997. "Efficient inequality: differential allocation in the local public sector," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 763-784, November.
- Gershberg, Alec Ian & Schuermann, Til, 2001. "The efficiency-equity trade-off of schooling outcomes: public education expenditures and welfare in Mexico," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 27-40, February.
- Pradhan, Menno & Ravallion, Martin, 1999. "Demand for public safety," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2043, The World Bank.
- Tarkan Cavusoglu & Oguzhan Dincer, 2015. "Does decentralization reduce income inequality? Only in rich states," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 285-306, July.
- Audun Langørgen, 2011. "Targeting public services through the unequal treatment of unequals," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 18(2), pages 193-213, April.
- World Bank, 2001. "Honduras : Poverty Diagnostic 2000," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15508, The World Bank.
- Jie Zhang, 2013. "Infrastructure, Industrial Productivity and Regional Specialization in China," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2012-034, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Padovano, Fabio, 2012.
"The drivers of interregional policy choices: Evidence from Italy,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 324-340.
- Fabio Padovano, 2012. "The drivers of interregional policy choices: Evidence from Italy," Post-Print halshs-00667964, HAL.
- Juan Felipe García & Daniel Mejia & Daniel Ortega, 2013. "Police Reform, Training and Crime: Experimental evidence from Colombia´s Plan Cuadrantes," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 010497, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Ajwad, Mohamed Ihsan & Wodon, Quentin, 2007. "Do local Governments maximize access rates to public services across areas?: A test based on marginal benefit incidence analysis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 242-260, May.
- repec:unt:jnapdj:v:24:y:2017:i:2:p:113-139 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ehud Guttel & Barak Medina, 2007. "Less Crime, More (Vulnerable) Victims: Game Theory and the Distributional Effects of Criminal Sanctions," Discussion Paper Series dp472, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Eric J. Brunner & Stephen L. Ross, 2007. "How Decisive Is the Decisive Voter?," Working papers 2007-28, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2008.
- Demombynes, Gabriel & Ozler, Berk, 2005. "Crime and local inequality in South Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 265-292, April.
- Audun Langørgen, 2000. "Revealed Standards for Distributing Public Home-Care on Clients," Discussion Papers 288, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Ajwad, Mohamed Ishan & Wodon, Quentin, 2002. "Who Benefits from Increased Access to Public Services at the Local Level? A Marginal Benefit Incidence Analysis for Education and Basic Infrastructure," MPRA Paper 12309, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fajnzylber, Pablo & Lederman, Daniel & Loayza, Norman, 2002. "Inequality and Violent Crime," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(1), pages 1-40, April.
- Audun Langørgen, 2008. "Targeting Public Services through Unequal Treatment of Unequals," Discussion Papers 558, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Ehud Guttel & Barak Medina, 2007. "Less Crime, More (Vulnerable) Victims: Game Theory and the Distributional Effects of Criminal Sanctions," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000001799, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Audun Langørgen, 2004. "Needs, economic constraints, and the distribution of public home-care," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 485-496.
- Mohanty, Biswajit & Bhanumurthy, N. R. & Dastidar, Ananya Ghosh, 2017. "What explains Regional Imbalances in Infrastructure?: Evidence from Indian States," Working Papers 17/197, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Celbis, M.G. & Crombrugghe, D. de & Muysken, J., 2014. "Public investment and regional politics: The case of Turkey," MERIT Working Papers 020, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).