History as Reflected in Capital Markets: The Case of World War II
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Frey, Bruno S. & Kucher, Marcel, 2000. "History as Reflected in Capital Markets: The Case of World War II," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(2), pages 468-496, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Russell Sobel, 1998.
"Exchange rate evidence on the effectiveness of United Nations policy,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 95(1), pages 1-25, April.
- Sobel, Russell S, 1998. "Exchange Rate Evidence on the Effectiveness of United Nations Policy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 95(1-2), pages 1-25, April.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Banerjee, Anindya & Lumsdaine, Robin L & Stock, James H, 1992.
"Recursive and Sequential Tests of the Unit-Root and Trend-Break Hypotheses: Theory and International Evidence,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(3), pages 271-287, July.
- Anindya Banerjee & Robin L. Lumsdaine & James H. Stock, 1990. "Recursive and Sequential Tests of the Unit Root and Trend Break Hypothesis: Theory and International Evidence," NBER Working Papers 3510, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Willard, Kristen L & Guinnane, Timothy W & Rosen, Harvey S, 1996.
"Turning Points in the Civil War: Views from the Greenback Market,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 1001-1018, September.
- Kristen L. Willard & Timothy W. Guinnane & Harvey S. Rosen, 1995. "Turning Points in the Civil War: Views from the Greenback Market," NBER Working Papers 5381, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1982. "Markets as Economizers of Information: Experimental Examination of the "Hayek Hypothesis"," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(2), pages 165-179, April.
- Forsythe, Robert & Forrest Nelson & George R. Neumann & Jack Wright, 1992. "Anatomy of an Experimental Political Stock Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1142-1161, December.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard, 1985. "Does the Stock Market Overreact?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-805, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bruno S. Frey & Marcel Kucher, 1999. "Wars and Markets: How Bond Values Reflect World War II," CESifo Working Paper Series 221, CESifo.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Kucher, Marcel, 2000. "World War II as reflected on capital markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 187-191, November.
- Daniel Waldenstrï¿½m & Bruno S. Frey, "undated".
"How Government Bond Prices Reflect Wartime Events - The Case of the Stockholm Market,"
IEW - Working Papers
102, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Waldenström, Daniel & Frey, Bruno S., 2002. "How Government Bond Prices Reflect Wartime Events. The Case of the Stockholm Market," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 489, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Christopher Coyne & Gregory Dempster & Justin Isaacs, 2009. "Asset Values and the Credibility of Peace Agreements," Working Papers 09-07, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 2003.
"Computation and analysis of multiple structural change models,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 1-22.
- BAI, Jushan & PERRON, Pierre, 1998. "Computation and Analysis of Multiple Structural-Change Models," Cahiers de recherche 9807, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Marc Flandreau, Kim Oosterlinck, 2011.
"Was the Emergence of the International Gold Standard Expected? Melodramatic Evidence from Indian Government Securities,"
IHEID Working Papers
01-2011, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Marc Flandreau & Kim Oosterlinck, 2011. "Was the Emergence of the International Gold Standard Expected? Melodramatic Evidence from Indian Government Securities," Working Papers 0005, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Marc Flandreau & Kim Oosterlinck, 2011. "Was the Emergence of the International Gold Standard Expected?Melodramatic Evidence from Indian Government Securities," Working Papers CEB 11-001, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kim Oosterlinck, 2003.
"The bond market and the legitimacy of Vichy France,"
Post-Print CEB, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 40(3), pages 326-344, July.
- Oosterlinck, Kim, 2003. "The bond market and the legitimacy of Vichy France," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 326-344, July.
- Kim Oosterlinck, 2003. "The Bond Market and the Legitimacy of Vichy France," Working Papers CEB 03-003.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kim Oosterlinck, 2003. "The bond market and the legitimacy of Vichy France," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/142693, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Flandreau, Marc & Oosterlinck, Kim, 2012. "Was the emergence of the international gold standard expected? Evidence from Indian Government securities," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(7), pages 649-669.
- Coyne, Christopher J. & Dempster, Gregory M. & Isaacs, Justin P., 2010. "Asset values and the sustainability of peace prospects," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 146-156, May.
- John Dawson & Amit Sen, 2007.
"New evidence on the convergence of international income from a group of 29 countries,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 199-230, September.
- John W. Dawson & Amit Sen, 2005. "New Evidence on the Convergence of International Income from a Group of 29 Countries," Working Papers 05-22, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Brittle, Shane, 2009. "Ricardian Equivalence and the Efficacy of Fiscal Policy in Australia," Economics Working Papers wp09-10, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Philippe Andrade & Catherine Bruneau, 2002.
"Excess returns, portfolio choices and exchange rate dynamics. The yen/dollar case, 1980–1998,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 64(3), pages 233-256, July.
- Ph. Andrade & C. Bruneau, 1998. "Excess returns, portfolio choices and exchange rates dynamics. The Yen/Dollar case, 1980-1998," THEMA Working Papers 98-36, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Andrade, P. & Bruneau, C., 1998. "Excess Returns, Portfolio Choices and Exchange rates Dynamics. The Yen/Dollar Case, 1980-1998," Papers 9836, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- Marcus Box & Karl Gratzer & Xiang Lin, 2020. "Destructive entrepreneurship in the small business sector: bankruptcy fraud in Sweden, 1830–2010," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 437-457, February.
- Bill Russell & Dooruj Rambaccussing, 2019. "Breaks and the statistical process of inflation: the case of estimating the ‘modern’ long-run Phillips curve," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 56(5), pages 1455-1475, May.
- Gregory, Allan W. & Hansen, Bruce E., 1996.
"Residual-based tests for cointegration in models with regime shifts,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 99-126, January.
- Allan Gregory & Bruce E. Hansen, 1992. "Residual-based Tests For Cointegration In Models With Regime Shifts," Working Paper 862, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Gregory, A.W. & Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Residual-Based Tests for Cointegration in Models with Regime Shifts," RCER Working Papers 335, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Kanjilal, Kakali & Ghosh, Sajal, 2013. "Environmental Kuznet’s curve for India: Evidence from tests for cointegration with unknown structuralbreaks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 509-515.
- Bernd Aumann & Rolf Scheufele, 2010.
"Is East Germany catching up? A time series perspective,"
Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 177-192.
- Aumann, Bernd & Scheufele, Rolf, 2009. "Is East Germany Catching Up? A Time Series Perspective," IWH Discussion Papers 14/2009, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Cavaliere, Giuseppe & Harvey, David I. & Leybourne, Stephen J. & Taylor, A.M. Robert, 2011.
"Testing For Unit Roots In The Presence Of A Possible Break In Trend And Nonstationary Volatility,"
Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(5), pages 957-991, October.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & David I. Harvey & Stephen J. Leybourne & A.M. Robert Taylor, 2008. "Testing for Unit Roots in the Presence of a Possible Break in Trend and Non-Stationary Volatility," CREATES Research Papers 2008-62, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & David I. Harvey & Stephen J. Leybourne & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2009. "Testing for unit roots in the presence of a possible break in trend and non-stationary volatility," Discussion Papers 09/05, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Popp, Stephan, 2007. "Identification of the true break date in innovational outlier unit root tests," IBES Diskussionsbeiträge 152, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of Business and Economic Studie (IBES).
- Changli He & Rickard Sandberg, 2006. "Dickey–Fuller Type of Tests against Nonlinear Dynamic Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(s1), pages 835-861, December.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial Markets; Economic History; WWII; Europe; Cliometrics;
All these keywords.
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- N24 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: 1913-
- Z00 - Other Special Topics - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zur:iewwpx:002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Severin Oswald (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.