Home is where your art is: the home bias of art collectors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amonlirdviman, Kevin & Carvalho, Carlos, 2010.
"Loss aversion, asymmetric market comovements, and the home bias,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1303-1320, November.
- Kevin Amonlirdviman & Carlos Carvalho, 2010. "Loss aversion, asymmetric market comovements, and the home bias," Staff Reports 430, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Karen K. Lewis, 1999. "Trying to Explain Home Bias in Equities and Consumption," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(2), pages 571-608, June.
- Laura Onofri, 2009. "Old master paintings, export veto and price formation: an empirical study," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 149-161, October.
- Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh & Laura Veldkamp, 2009.
"Information Immobility and the Home Bias Puzzle,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 64(3), pages 1187-1215, June.
- Laura Veldkamp & Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh, 2004. "Information Immobility and the Home Bias Puzzle," Working Papers 04-32, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Laura Veldkamp & Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh, 2005. "Information Immobility and the Home Bias Puzzle," 2005 Meeting Papers 78, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh & Laura Veldkamp, 2007. "Information Immobility and the Home Bias Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 13366, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- García-Herrero, Alicia & Vázquez, Francisco, 2013.
"International diversification gains and home bias in banking,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2560-2571.
- Alicia García-Herrero & Francisco F. Vazquez, 2007. "International Diversification Gains and Home Bias in Banking," IMF Working Papers 07/281, International Monetary Fund.
- French, Kenneth R & Poterba, James M, 1991.
"Investor Diversification and International Equity Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 222-226, May.
- Kenneth R. French & James M. Poterba, 1991. "Investor Diversification and International Equity Markets," NBER Working Papers 3609, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tesar, Linda L. & Werner, Ingrid M., 1995. "Home bias and high turnover," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 467-492, August.
- Karolyi, G. Andrew & Stulz, Rene M., 2003. "Are financial assets priced locally or globally?," Handbook of the Economics of Finance,in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 975-1020 Elsevier.
- Joshua D. Coval & Tobias J. Moskowitz, 2001. "The Geography of Investment: Informed Trading and Asset Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(4), pages 811-841, August.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Spaenjers, C., 2009. "The Iconic Boom in Modern Russian Art," Discussion Paper 2009-70, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Günther Schulze, 1999. "International Trade in Art," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 23(1), pages 109-136, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lasse Steiner & Bruno S. Frey & Magnus Resch, 2014. "Who Collects Art? An International Empirical Assessment," CREMA Working Paper Series 2014-03, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:159:y:2017:i:c:p:201-203 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsArt collection; home bias; trade restrictions; artists;
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- K20 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2013-12-06 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-INT-2013-12-06 (International Trade)
- NEP-LAM-2013-12-06 (Central & South America)
- NEP-SEA-2013-12-06 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zur:econwp:135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .