Sonic Thunder vs Brian the Snail : Fast-sounding racehorse names and prediction accuracy in betting exchange markets
Download full text from publisher
More about this item
KeywordsMarket efficiency; Sports forecasting; Prediction markets; Betting industry; Horse Racing;
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- G40 - Financial Economics - - Behavioral Finance - - - General
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FOR-2019-10-21 (Forecasting)
- NEP-ORE-2019-10-21 (Operations Research)
- NEP-SPO-2019-10-21 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zrh:wpaper:384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniela Koller). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ibuzhch.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .