Alleviating Adverse Implications of EU Climate Policy on Competitiveness: The Case for Border Tax Adjustments or the Clean Development Mechanism?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lars Mathiesen and Ottar Maestad, 2004. "Climate Policy and the Steel Industry: Achieving Global Emission Reductions by an Incomplete Climate Agreement," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 91-114.
- Alexeeva-Talebi, Victoria & Anger, Niels, 2007. "Developing Supra-European Emissions Trading Schemes: An Efficiency and International Trade Analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-038, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Gernot Klepper & Sonja Peterson, 2004.
"The EU Emissions Trading Scheme. Allowance Prices, Trade Flows, Competitiveness Effects,"
2004.49, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Klepper, Gernot & Peterson, Sonja, 2004. "The EU emissions trading scheme: allowance prices, trade flows, competitiveness effects," Kiel Working Papers 1195, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Löschel, Andreas & Alexeeva-Talebi, Victoria & Mennel, Tim, 2008. "Climate Policy and the Problem of Competitiveness: Border Tax Adjustments or Integrated Emission Trading?," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-061, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Anger, Niels, 2008. "Emissions trading beyond Europe: Linking schemes in a post-Kyoto world," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 2028-2049, July.
- Mustafa H. Babiker & Thomas F. Rutherford, 2005. "The Economic Effects of Border Measures in Subglobal Climate Agreements," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 99-126.
- Philippe Quirion & Damien Demailly, 2006. "Leakage from climate policies and border tax adjustment:lessons from a geographic model of the cement industry," CIRED Working Papers halshs-00009337, HAL.
- Roland Ismer & Karsten Neuhoff, 2007. "Border tax adjustment: a feasible way to support stringent emission trading," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 137-164, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hübler, Michael, 2012. "Carbon tariffs on Chinese exports: Emissions reduction, threat, or farce?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 315-327.
- Monjon, Stéphanie & Quirion, Philippe, 2011.
"Addressing leakage in the EU ETS: Border adjustment or output-based allocation?,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1957-1971, September.
- Stéphanie Monjon & Philippe Quirion, 2010. "Addressing leakage in the EU ETS : Border adjustment or output-based allocation ?," CIRED Working Papers hal-00866444, HAL.
- Stephanie Monjon & Philippe Quirion, 2011. "Addressing leakage in the EU ETS: Border adjustment or output-based allocation?," Post-Print hal-00715352, HAL.
- Alessandro Antimiani & Valeria Costantini & Chiara Martini & Luca Salvatici, 2011. "Cooperative and non-cooperative solutions to carbon leakage," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0136, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Stéphanie Monjon & Philippe Quirion, 2010. "Addressing leakage in the EU ETS : Border adjustment or output-based allocation ?," Working Papers hal-00866444, HAL.
- Daniel Becker & Magdalena Brzeskot & Wolfgang Peters & Ulrike Will, 2013.
"Grenzausgleichsinstrumente bei unilateralen Klimaschutzmaßnahmen. Eine ökonomische und WTO-rechtliche Analyse,"
ZfU - Zeitschrift für Umweltpolitik und Umweltrecht,
RECAP15, European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder), vol. 36(3), pages 339-373, September.
- Daniel Becker & Magdalena Brzeskot & Wolfgang Peters & Ulrike Will, 2013. "Grenzausgleichsinstrumente bei unilateralen Klimaschutzmaßnahmen. Eine ökonomische und WTO-rechtliche Analyse," Discussion Paper Series RECAP15 010, RECAP15, European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder).
- Astrid KRENZ, "undated". "Modeling the Interaction Between Industries and Services Sectors´ Agglomeration in the European Union," EcoMod2010 259600098, EcoMod.
- Antimiani, Alessandro & Costantini, Valeria & Martini, Chiara & Salvatici, Luca & Tommasino, Maria Cristina, 2013. "Assessing alternative solutions to carbon leakage," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 299-311.
- repec:euv:dpaper:9999 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEmissions Trading; EU ETS; Competitiveness; Border tax adjustments; Clean Development Mechanism; CGE model;
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2009-02-14 (European Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2009-02-14 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2009-02-14 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-REG-2009-02-14 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:7437. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.