LDC export diversification, employment generation and the green economy: What roles for tourism linkages?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John M. Piotrowski & Rabah Arezki & Reda Cherif, 2009.
"Tourism Specialization and Economic Development; Evidence from the UNESCO World Heritage List,"
IMF Working Papers
09/176, International Monetary Fund.
- Arezki, Rabah & Cherif, Reda & Piotrowski, John, 2009. "Tourism Specialization and Economic Development: Evidence from the UNESCO World Heritage List," MPRA Paper 17132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arti Grover Goswami & Aaditya Mattoo & Sebastián Sáez, 2012. "Exporting Services : A Developing Country Perspective," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2379, November.
- Jean-Pierre Chauffour & Jean-Christophe Maur, 2011. "Preferential Trade Agreement Policies for Development : A Handbook," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2329, November.
- Farole, Thomas & Reis, Jose Guilherme & Wagle, Swarnim, 2010. "Analyzing trade competitiveness : a diagnostics approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5329, The World Bank.
- Iza Lejarraga & Peter Walkenhorst, 2010. "On linkages and leakages: measuring the secondary effects of tourism," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(5), pages 417-421.
- Gootiiz, Batshur & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2009. "Services in Doha : what's on the table ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4903, The World Bank.
- Blake, Adam & Arbache, Jorge Saba & Sinclair, Thea & Teles, Vladimir Kuhl, 2010. "Tourism and poverty relief," Textos para discussão 237, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Olivier Cattaneo & Michael Engman & Sebastián Sáez & Robert M. Stern, 2010. "International Trade in Services : New Trends and Opportunities for Developing Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2476, November.
- Honeck, Dale, 2011. ""Expect the unexpected"? LDC GATS commitments as internationally credible policy indicators? The example of Mali," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2011-07, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Escaith, Hubert & Tamenu, Bekele, 2013.
"Least-developed countries' trade during the super-cycle and the great trade collapse: Patterns and stylized facts,"
WTO Staff Working Papers
ERSD-2013-12, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Escaith, Hubert & Tamenu, Bekele, 2013. "Least-Developed Countries' Trade During the "Super-Cycle" and the Great Trade Collapse: Patterns and Stylized Facts," MPRA Paper 51997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsLDCs; LDC Graduation; Export Diversification; Development; Comparative Advantage; Employment Generation; Green Economy; Green Tourism; Pro-poor Tourism; Tourism Linkages; Cluster Analysis; Value Chain Analysis; Poverty Alleviation; MDGs; Gender Issues; FDI; GATS; Africa; Istanbul Programme of Action (IPoA); Rio+20;
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- K39 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Other
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O19 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- O24 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
- P45 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - International Linkages
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:wtowps:ersd201224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wtoerch.html .