The rule of law and investment in intangible capital: Evidence for the EU-16, 1996-2017
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gould, David M. & Gruben, William C., 1996.
"The role of intellectual property rights in economic growth,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 323-350, March.
- David M. Gould & William C. Gruben, 1994. "The role of intellectual property rights in economic growth," Working Papers 9409, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- David Roodman, 2009.
"How to do xtabond2: An introduction to difference and system GMM in Stata,"
Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 9(1), pages 86-136, March.
- David Roodman, 2006. "How to Do xtabond2: An Introduction to "Difference" and "System" GMM in Stata," Working Papers 103, Center for Global Development.
- Carol Corrado & Charles Hulten & Daniel Sichel, 2009.
"Intangible Capital And U.S. Economic Growth,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 55(3), pages 661-685, September.
- Carol A. Corrado & Charles R. Hulten & Daniel E. Sichel, 2006. "Intangible Capital and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 11948, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carol Corrado & Charles R. Hulten & Daniel E. Sichel, 2006. "Intangible capital and economic growth," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2006-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kyoji Fukao & Tsutomu Miyagawa & Kentaro Mukai & Yukio Shinoda & Konomi Tonogi, 2009.
"Intangible Investment In Japan: Measurement And Contribution To Economic Growth,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 55(3), pages 717-736, September.
- FUKAO Kyoji & HAMAGATA Sumio & MIYAGAWA Tsutomu & TONOGI Konomi, 2007. "Intangible Investment in Japan: Measurement and Contribution to Economic Growth," Discussion papers 07034, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Haggard, Stephan & Tiede, Lydia, 2011. "The Rule of Law and Economic Growth: Where are We?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 673-685, May.
- Leonard I. Nakamura, 2010. "Intangible Assets And National Income Accounting," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(s1), pages 135-155, June.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1995. "Institutions And Economic Performance: Cross‐Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Measures," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 207-227, November.
- Benhabib, Jess & Spiegel, Mark M., 1994. "The role of human capital in economic development evidence from aggregate cross-country data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 143-173, October.
- Arrighetti, Alessandro & Landini, Fabio & Lasagni, Andrea, 2014.
"Intangible assets and firm heterogeneity: Evidence from Italy,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 202-213.
- A. Arrighetti & F. Landini & A. Lasagni, 2011. "Intangible assets and firms heterogeneity: evidence from Italy," Economics Department Working Papers 2011-EP02, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Knack, Stephen & Keefer, Philip, 1995. "Institutions and Economic Performance: Cross-Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Indicators," MPRA Paper 23118, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hannu Piekkola, 2011. "Intangible capital: the key to growth in Europe," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 46(4), pages 222-228, August.
- Gros, Daniel & Roth, Felix, 2012. "The Europe 2020 Strategy: Can it maintain the EU’s competitiveness in the world?," CEPS Papers 7260, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- William J. Baumol, 2002. "Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Growth: The David-Goliath Symbiosis," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 7(2), pages 1-10, Summer.
- Liang Guo-Fitoussi & Ahmed Bounfour & Sabrine Rekik, 2019. "Intellectual property rights, complementarity and the firm's economic performance," Post-Print hal-03427803, HAL.
- Thum-Thysen, Anna & Voigt, Peter & Bilbao-Osorio, Beñat & Maier, Christoph & Ognyanova, Diana, 2019. "Investment dynamics in Europe: Distinct drivers and barriers for investing in intangible versus tangible assets?," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 77-88.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2010. "The worldwide governance indicators : methodology and analytical issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5430, The World Bank.
- Robert J. Barro, 2001. "Human Capital and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 12-17, May.
- Windmeijer, Frank, 2005. "A finite sample correction for the variance of linear efficient two-step GMM estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 25-51, May.
- Walter G. Park & Juan Carlos Ginarte, 1997. "Intellectual Property Rights And Economic Growth," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(3), pages 51-61, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Felix Roth & Anna-Elisabeth Thum, 2022.
"Intangible Capital and Labor Productivity Growth: Panel Evidence for the EU from 1998–2005,"
Contributions to Economics, in: Intangible Capital and Growth, chapter 0, pages 101-128,
- Felix Roth & Anna-Elisabeth Thum, 2013. "Intangible Capital and Labor Productivity Growth: Panel Evidence for the EU from 1998–2005," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 59(3), pages 486-508, September.
- Shenglang Yang, 2016. "Intangible capital and sectoral energy intensity: Evidence from 40 economies," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2016-646, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- James B. Ang & Jakob B. Madsen, 2012.
"Risk capital, private credit, and innovative production,"
Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 45(4), pages 1608-1639, November.
- James B. Ang & Jakob B. Madsen, 2012. "Risk capital, private credit, and innovative production," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1608-1639, November.
- James B. Ang & Jakob B. Madsen, 2012. "Risk Capital, Private Credit And Innovative Production," Monash Economics Working Papers 08-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Ceyhun Haydaroglu, 2015. "The Relationship between Property Rights and Economic Growth: an Analysis of OECD and EU Countries," DANUBE: Law and Economics Review, European Association Comenius - EACO, issue 4, pages 217-239, December.
- Arminen, Heli & Menegaki, Angeliki N., 2019. "Corruption, climate and the energy-environment-growth nexus," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 621-634.
- Magrini, Emiliano & Morales-Opazo, Cristian & Balie, Jean, 2014.
"Supply response along the value chain in selected SSA countries: the case of grains,"
2014: Food, Resources and Conflict, December 7-9, 2014. San Diego, California
197193, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Magrini, Emiliano & Balié, Jean & Morales Opazo, Cristian, 2016. "Price signals and supply responses for staple food crops in SSA countries," DARE Discussion Papers 1601, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Zergawu, Yitagesu Zewdu & Walle, Yabibal M. & Giménez-Gómez, José-Manuel, 2020.
"The joint impact of infrastructure and institutions on economic growth,"
Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 481-502, August.
- Zergawu, Yitagesu Zewdu & Walle, Yabibal M. & Giménez Gómez, José M. (José Manuel), 2018. "The Joint Impact of Infrastructure and Institutions on Economic Growth," Working Papers 2072/332584, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul & Zhou, Mingming, 2009.
"Institutional development, financial deepening and economic growth: Evidence from China,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 157-170, January.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul & Zhou, Mingming, 2006. "Institutional development, financial deepening and economic growth : evidence from China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 12/2006, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Paul Wachtel & Iftekhar Hasan & Mingming Zhou, 2007. "Institutional Development, Financial Deepening and Economic Growth: Evidence from China," Working Papers 07-16, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- In Do Hwang, 2017. "Which Type of Trust Matters?:Interpersonal vs. Institutional vs. Political Trust," Working Papers 2017-15, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Daniel Oto Peralías & Daniel Oto-Peralías & Diego Romero-Ávila, 2012. "Tracing the Link between Government Size and Growth: The Role of Public Sector Quality," EcoMod2012 4015, EcoMod.
- Piergiuseppe Fortunato & Ugo Panizza, 2015.
"Democracy, education and the quality of government,"
Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 333-363, December.
- Fortunato, Piergiuseppe & Panizza, Ugo, 2011. "Democracy, education and the quality of government," POLIS Working Papers 155, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Felix Roth, 2022.
"The Productivity Puzzle: A Critical Assessment and an Outlook on the COVID-19 Crisis,"
Contributions to Economics, in: Intangible Capital and Growth, chapter 0, pages 1-16,
- Roth, Felix, 2021. "The Productivity Puzzle – A Critical Assessment and an Outlook on the COVID-19 Crisis," Hamburg Discussion Papers in International Economics 8, University of Hamburg, Chair of International Economics.
- Veysel ULUSOY & Cumhur TAŞ, 2017. "On the effects of total productivity growth of economic freedom and total resource rents: The case of both natural resource rich and OECD countries," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(3(612), A), pages 173-192, Autumn.
- Effiong, Ekpeno, 2015. "Financial Development, Institutions and Economic Growth: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 66085, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yano, Go & Shiraishi, Maho, 2020. "Finance, institutions, and innovation activities in China," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 44(4).
- Roth,Felix & Thum, Anna-Elisabeth, 2010. "Does intangible capital affect economic growth?," CEPS Papers 3667, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Azmat Gani & Biman Chand Prasad, 2006. "Institutional Quality and Trade in Pacific Island Countries," ARTNeT Working Papers 20, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Md. Rabiul Islam & James B. Ang & Jakob B. Madsen, 2014.
"Quality-Adjusted Human Capital And Productivity Growth,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(2), pages 757-777, April.
- Md. Rabiul Islam, 2010. "Quality-adjusted Human Capital and Productivity Growth," Monash Economics Working Papers 48-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Bogdan Dima Author-Email: email@example.com & Nicoleta-Claudia Moldovan, 2016. "Does the Quality of Public Policies and Institutions Matter for Entrepreneurial Activity? Evidences from the European Union’s Member States," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 63(4), pages 425-439, September.
- HOSONO Kaoru & MIYAKAWA Daisuke & TAKIZAWA Miho & YAMANOUCHI Kenta, 2016. "Complementarity and Substitutability between Tangible and Intangible Capital: Evidence from Japanese firm-level data," Discussion papers 16024, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
More about this item
Keywordsrule of law (RoL); intangible capital investment; labour productivity growth; European Union (EU);
All these keywords.
- E02 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Institutions and the Macroeconomy
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- P14 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Property Rights
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2022-05-16 (European Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2022-05-16 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-KNM-2022-05-16 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-LAW-2022-05-16 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-TID-2022-05-16 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:uhhhdp:12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fwhamde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fwhamde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.