Welfare effects of public service broadcasting in a free-to-air TV market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rothbauer, Julia & Sieg, Gernot, 2011. "Welfare effects of public service broadcasting in a free-to-air TV market," MPRA Paper 33779, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sieg, Gernot & Rothbauer, Jula, 2013. "Welfare Effects of Public Service Broadcasting in a Free-to-Air TV Market," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79800, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gene M. Grossman & Carl Shapiro, 1984. "Informative Advertising with Differentiated Products," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(1), pages 63-81.
- Mark Armstrong & Helen Weeds, 2005. "Public Service Broadcasting in the Digital World," Industrial Organization 0507010, EconWPA.
- Jürgen Hagen, 2006. "Introduction," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(4), pages 301-302, August.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Peitz, Martin & Valletti, Tommaso M., 2008.
"Content and advertising in the media: Pay-tv versus free-to-air,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 949-965, July.
- Peitz, Martin & Valletti, Tommaso, 2004. "Content and Advertising in the Media: Pay-TV versus Free-To-Air," CEPR Discussion Papers 4771, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stühmeier Torben & Wenzel Tobias, 2012.
"Regulating Advertising in the Presence of Public Service Broadcasting,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(2), pages 1-23, June.
- Stühmeier, Torben & Wenzel, Tobias, 2012. "Regulating advertising in the presence of public service broadcasting," DICE Discussion Papers 41, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Julia Rothbauer & Gernot Sieg, 2013.
"Public Service Broadcasting of Sport, Shows, and News to Mitigate Rational Ignorance,"
Journal of Media Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 21-40, March.
- Rothbauer, Julia & Sieg, Gernot, 2010. "Public service broadcasting of sport, shows, and news as economic solution to the voter's paradox of rational ignorance," Economics Department Working Paper Series 9, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Economics Department.
- Rothbauer, Julia & Sieg, Gernot, 2010. "Public service broadcasting of sport, shows, and news as economic solution to the voter's paradox of rational ignorance," MPRA Paper 27190, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shaun P. Hargreaves Heap, 2005. "Television in a digital age: what role for public service broadcasting?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 20(41), pages 112-157, January.
- Prat, Andrea & Strömberg, David, 2011. "The Political Economy of Mass Media," CEPR Discussion Papers 8246, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hans Jarle Kind & Tore Nilssen & Lars Sørgard, 2007.
"Competition for Viewers and Advertisers in a TV Oligopoly,"
Journal of Media Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 211-233.
- Hans Jarle Kind & Tore Nilssen & Lars SÃ¸rgard, 2006. "Competition for Viewers and Advertisers in a TV Oligopoly," CESifo Working Paper Series 1862, CESifo Group Munich.
- Choi, Jay Pil, 2006. "Broadcast competition and advertising with free entry: Subscription vs. free-to-air," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 181-196, June.
- Simon P. Anderson & Stephen Coate, 2005.
"Market Provision of Broadcasting: A Welfare Analysis,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 72(4), pages 947-972.
- Simon P. Anderson & Stephen Coate, 2003. "Market Provision of Broadcasting: A Welfare Analysis," Virginia Economics Online Papers 358, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Prat, Andrea & Strömberg, David, 2005. "Commercial Television and Voter Information," CEPR Discussion Papers 4989, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sara Connolly & Shaun P. Hargreaves Heap, 2007. "Cross Country Differences in Trust in Television and the Governance of Public Broadcasters," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 3-14, February.
- Christine Benesch, 2010. "Governance of Public Broadcasters and Television Consumption," CREMA Working Paper Series 2010-18, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Jean J. Gabszewicz & Didier Laussel & Nathalie Sonnac, 2004.
"Programming and Advertising Competition in the Broadcasting Industry,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 657-669, December.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & LAUSSEL, Didier & SONNAC, Nathalie, 2004. "Programming and advertising competition in the broadcasting industry," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1873, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mark Armstrong, 2005. "Public service broadcasting," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 26(3), pages 281-299, September.
More about this item
KeywordsMedia; two-sided TV market; information externalities;
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- L32 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Enterprises; Public-Private Enterprises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2011-11-21 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CTA-2011-11-21 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-CUL-2011-11-21 (Cultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:tbswps:13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwtbsde.html .