Time series analysis for financial market meltdowns
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kim, Young Shin & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Bianchi, Michele Leonardo & Mitov, Ivan & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2011. "Time series analysis for financial market meltdowns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1879-1891, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bianchi, Michele Leonardo & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Kim, Young Shin & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2011. "Tempered infinitely divisible distributions and processes," Working Paper Series in Economics 26, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Berkowitz, Jeremy, 2001. "Testing Density Forecasts, with Applications to Risk Management," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(4), pages 465-474, October.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1995. "Techniques for verifying the accuracy of risk measurement models," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Turan G. Bali, 2003. "An Extreme Value Approach to Estimating Volatility and Value at Risk," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76(1), pages 83-108, January.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- repec:spr:compst:v:69:y:2009:i:3:p:411-438 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fajardo, José & Farias, Aquiles, 2010. "Derivative pricing using multivariate affine generalized hyperbolic distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1607-1617, July.
- Shin Kim, Young & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Leonardo Bianchi, Michele & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2010.
"Tempered stable and tempered infinitely divisible GARCH models,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2096-2109, September.
- Kim, Young Shin & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Bianchi, Michele Leonardo & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2011. "Tempered stable and tempered infinitely divisible GARCH models," Working Paper Series in Economics 28, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Turan G. Bali, 2007. "A Generalized Extreme Value Approach to Financial Risk Measurement," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(7), pages 1613-1649, October.
- Bedendo, Mascia & Campolongo, Francesca & Joossens, Elisabeth & Saita, Francesco, 2010. "Pricing multiasset equity options: How relevant is the dependence function?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 788-801, April.
- Christoffersen, Peter F, 1998. "Evaluating Interval Forecasts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 841-862, November.
- Sorwar, Ghulam & Dowd, Kevin, 2010. "Estimating financial risk measures for options," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1982-1992, August.
- Peter Carr & Helyette Geman, 2002. "The Fine Structure of Asset Returns: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(2), pages 305-332, April.
- Rockafellar, R. Tyrrell & Uryasev, Stanislav, 2002. "Conditional value-at-risk for general loss distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1443-1471, July.
- Young Kim & Svetlozar Rachev & Michele Bianchi & Frank Fabozzi, 2009. "Computing VAR and AVaR in Infinitely Divisible Distributions," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2569, Yale School of Management.
- Svetlana I. Boyarchenko & Sergei Z. Levendorskiĭ, 2002. "Lévy processes," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Gaussian Merton-Black-Scholes Theory, chapter 2, pages 39-66 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Gupta, Anurag & Liang, Bing, 2005. "Do hedge funds have enough capital? A value-at-risk approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 219-253, July.
- Kim, Young Shin & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Bianchi, Michele Leonardo & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2008. "Financial market models with Lévy processes and time-varying volatility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1363-1378, July.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:253:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2309-y is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jecnmx:v:4:y:2016:i:2:p:25:d:69492 is not listed on IDEAS
- Choi, Jaehyung & Kim, Young Shin & Mitov, Ivan, 2015. "Reward-risk momentum strategies using classical tempered stable distribution," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 194-213.
- Ott, Ingrid & Soretz, Susanne, 2010. "On the role of productive government spendings for convergence of a growing economy with heterogenous specialists," Working Paper Series in Economics 5, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Marc S. Paolella, 2016. "Stable-GARCH Models for Financial Returns: Fast Estimation and Tests for Stability," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(2), pages 1-28, May.
- Anand, Abhinav & Li, Tiantian & Kurosaki, Tetsuo & Kim, Young Shin, 2016. "Foster–Hart optimal portfolios," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 117-130.
- Michele Leonardo Bianchi & Gian Luca Tassinari, 2018. "Forward-looking portfolio selection with multivariate non-Gaussian models and the Esscher transform," Papers 1805.05584, arXiv.org, revised May 2018.
- Brée, David S. & Joseph, Nathan Lael, 2013. "Testing for financial crashes using the Log Periodic Power Law model," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 287-297.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:483:y:2017:i:c:p:83-93 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michele Leonardo Bianchi, 2014. "Are the log-returns of Italian open-end mutual funds normally distributed? A risk assessment perspective," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 957, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Yipeng Yang & Allanus Tsoi, 2016. "A Level Set Analysis and A Nonparametric Regression on S&P 500 Daily Return," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Krastyu Georgiev & Young Kim & Stoyan Stoyanov, 2015. "Periodic portfolio revision with transaction costs," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 81(3), pages 337-359, June.
- Slim, Skander & Koubaa, Yosra & BenSaïda, Ahmed, 2017. "Value-at-Risk under Lévy GARCH models: Evidence from global stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 30-53.
- Gong, Xiaoli & Zhuang, Xintian, 2016. "Option pricing for stochastic volatility model with infinite activity Lévy jumps," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 455(C), pages 1-10.
- Michele Leonardo Bianchi & Gian Luca Tassinari & Frank J. Fabozzi, 2016. "Riding With The Four Horsemen And The Multivariate Normal Tempered Stable Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(04), pages 1-28, June.
- repec:gam:jijfss:v:4:y:2016:i:1:p:3:d:63997 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsARMA-GARCH model; »-stable distribution; tempered stable distribution; value-at-risk (VaR); average value-at-risk (AVaR);
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-10-02 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2010-10-02 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FOR-2010-10-02 (Forecasting)
- NEP-RMG-2010-10-02 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:kitwps:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwkitde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.