Derivative pricing using multivariate affine generalized hyperbolic distributions
In this paper we use multivariate affine generalized hyperbolic (MAGH) distributions, introduced by Schmidt et al. (2006), to show how to price multidimensional derivatives when the underlying asset follows a MAGH distribution. We also illustrate the approach using market data from the BOVESPA (São Paulo Stock Exchange) and the exchange rate of the Brazilian Real vs. US Dollar to price some multidimensional derivatives.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- T. R. Hurd & Zhuowei Zhou, 2009. "A Fourier transform method for spread option pricing," Papers 0902.3643, arXiv.org.
- Fusai, Gianluca & Meucci, Attilio, 2008. "Pricing discretely monitored Asian options under Levy processes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2076-2088, October.
- Fajardo, J. & Farias, A., 2003.
"Generalized Hyperbolic Distributions and Brazilian Data,"
Finance Lab Working Papers
flwp_57, Finance Lab, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- José Fajardo & Aquiles Farias, 2002. "Generalized Hyperbolic Distributions and Brazilian Data," Working Papers Series 52, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2014.
"Skewness premium with Lévy processes,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(9), pages 1619-1626, September.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2006. "Skewness Premium with Lévy Processes," IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers 2006-04, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2009. "Skewness Premium with Lévy Processes," CREATES Research Papers 2009-10, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Margrabe, William, 1978. "The Value of an Option to Exchange One Asset for Another," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 177-86, March.
- Fajardo, José & Farias, Aquiles, 2009.
"Multivariate affine generalized hyperbolic distributions: An empirical investigation,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 174-184, September.
- José Fajardo & Aquiles Farias, 2008. "Multivariate Affine Generalized Hyperbolic Distributions: An Empirical Investigation," IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers 2008-01, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
- Simon A. Broda & Marc S. Paolella, 2009.
"CHICAGO: A Fast and Accurate Method for Portfolio Risk Calculation,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 7(4), pages 412-436, Fall.
- Simon A. BRODA & Marc S. PAOLELLA, 2006. "CHICAGO: A Fast and Accurate Method for Portfolio Risk Calculation," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08-08, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Feb 2008.
- Kim, Young Shin & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Bianchi, Michele Leonardo & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2008. "Financial market models with Lévy processes and time-varying volatility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1363-1378, July.
- Schmidt, Rafael & Hrycej, Tomas & Stutzle, Eric, 2006. "Multivariate distribution models with generalized hyperbolic margins," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 2065-2096, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:34:y:2010:i:7:p:1607-1617. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.