Pricing discretely monitored Asian options under Levy processes
We present methodologies to price discretely monitored Asian options when the underlying evolves according to a generic Levy process. For geometric Asian options we provide closed-form solutions in terms of the Fourier transform and we study in particular these formulas in the Levy-stable case. For arithmetic Asian options we solve the valuation problem by recursive integration and derive a recursive theoretical formula for the moments to check the accuracy of the results. We compare the implementation of our method to Monte Carlo simulation implemented with control variates and using different parametric Levy processes. We also discuss model risk issues.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S. G. Kou, 2002. "A Jump-Diffusion Model for Option Pricing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(8), pages 1086-1101, August.
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006.
"Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy models,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 449-474, December.
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006. "Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy Models ," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-035, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006. "Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy Models ," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-034, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Geman, Hélyette, 2005. "From measure changes to time changes in asset pricing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 2701-2722, November.
- Helyette Geman, 2005. "From Measure Changes to Time Changes in Asset Pricing," Post-Print halshs-00144296, HAL.
- Fusai, Gianluca & Recchioni, Maria Cristina, 2007. "Analysis of quadrature methods for pricing discrete barrier options," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 826-860, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1388 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter Carr & Hélyette Geman & Dilip B. Madan & Marc Yor, 2003. "Stochastic Volatility for Lévy Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 345-382.
- Hélyette Geman & Marc Yor, 1993. "Bessel Processes, Asian Options, And Perpetuities," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 349-375.
- Kemna, A. G. Z. & Vorst, A. C. F., 1990. "A pricing method for options based on average asset values," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 113-129, March.
- Turnbull, Stuart M. & Wakeman, Lee Macdonald, 1991. "A Quick Algorithm for Pricing European Average Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(03), pages 377-389, September.
- Geman, Helyette, 2002. "Pure jump Levy processes for asset price modelling," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1297-1316, July.
- Friedrich Hubalek & Carlo Sgarra, 2006. "Esscher transforms and the minimal entropy martingale measure for exponential Levy models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 125-145.
- C. He & J. Kennedy & T. Coleman & P. Forsyth & Y. Li & K. Vetzal, 2006. "Calibration and hedging under jump diffusion," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 1-35, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:32:y:2008:i:10:p:2076-2088. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.