Pure jump Levy processes for asset price modelling
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dilip B. Madan & Peter P. Carr & Eric C. Chang, 1998. "The Variance Gamma Process and Option Pricing," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 2(1), pages 79-105.
- Hélyette Geman & Marc Yor, 1993. "Bessel Processes, Asian Options, And Perpetuities," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 349-375.
- Richardson, Matthew & Smith, Tom, 1994. "A Direct Test of the Mixture of Distributions Hypothesis: Measuring the Daily Flow of Information," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(01), pages 101-116, March.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Jones, Charles M & Kaul, Gautam & Lipson, Marc L, 1994. "Transactions, Volume, and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(4), pages 631-651.
- Eberlein, Ernst & Keller, Ulrich & Prause, Karsten, 1998. "New Insights into Smile, Mispricing, and Value at Risk: The Hyperbolic Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71(3), pages 371-405, July.
- Robert C. Merton, 2005. "Theory of rational option pricing," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M., 1987. "The Relation between Price Changes and Trading Volume: A Survey," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 109-126, March.
- Clark, Peter K, 1973. "A Subordinated Stochastic Process Model with Finite Variance for Speculative Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(1), pages 135-155, January.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "New Methods in Statistical Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 421-421.
- Hélyette Geman & Dilip B. Madan & Marc Yor, 2001. "Time Changes for Lévy Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 79-96.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Peter Carr & Helyette Geman, 2002. "The Fine Structure of Asset Returns: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(2), pages 305-332, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sharif Mozumder & Arafatur Rahman, 2016. "Market Risk Of Investment In Us Subprime Crisis: Comparison Of A Pure Diffusion And A Pure Jump Model," Annals of Financial Economics (AFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(03), pages 1-17, September.
- Xun Li & Ping Lin & Xue-Cheng Tai & Jinghui Zhou, 2015. "Pricing Two-asset Options under Exponential L\'evy Model Using a Finite Element Method," Papers 1511.04950, arXiv.org.
- Fusai, Gianluca & Meucci, Attilio, 2008. "Pricing discretely monitored Asian options under Levy processes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2076-2088, October.
- Okhrati, Ramin & Balbás, Alejandro & Garrido, José, 2014. "Hedging of defaultable claims in a structural model using a locally risk-minimizing approach," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 124(9), pages 2868-2891.
- Claudia Ribeiro & Nick Webber, 2006. "Correcting for Simulation Bias in Monte Carlo Methods to Value Exotic Options in Models Driven by Levy Processes," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 333-352.
- Erdemlioglu, Deniz & Laurent, Sébastien & Neely, Christopher J., 2015.
"Which continuous-time model is most appropriate for exchange rates?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 61(S2), pages 256-268.
- Deniz Erdemlioglu & Sébastien Laurent & Christopher J. Neely, 2013. "Which continuous-time model is most appropriate for exchange rates?," Working Papers 2013-024, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Deniz Erdemlioglu & Sébastien Laurent & Christopher J. Neely, 2015. "Which continuous-time model is most appropriate for exchange rates?," Post-Print hal-01457402, HAL.
- repec:eee:apmaco:v:253:y:2015:i:c:p:224-241 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fiorani, Filo, 2004. "Option Pricing Under the Variance Gamma Process," MPRA Paper 15395, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bilkic, Natasa & Gries, Thomas, 2012. "When to Attack an Oppressive Government?," Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 62031, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ramin Okhrati & Alejandro Balb'as & Jos'e Garrido, 2015. "Hedging of defaultable claims in a structural model using a locally risk-minimizing approach," Papers 1505.03501, arXiv.org.
- Fabozzi, Frank J. & Leccadito, Arturo & Tunaru, Radu S., 2014. "Extracting market information from equity options with exponential Lévy processes," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 125-141.
- Szego, Giorgio, 2002. "Measures of risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1253-1272, July.
- Klößner, Stefan & Becker, Martin & Friedmann, Ralph, 2012. "Modeling and measuring intraday overreaction of stock prices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1152-1163.
- Zheqing Zhu & Jian-guo Liu & Lei Li, 2017. "A Modified Levy Jump-Diffusion Model Based on Market Sentiment Memory for Online Jump Prediction," Papers 1709.03611, arXiv.org.
- Szego, Giorgio, 2005. "Measures of risk," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 163(1), pages 5-19, May.
- Lorenzo Mercuri & Fabio Bellini, 2014. "Option Pricing in a Dynamic Variance-Gamma Model," Papers 1405.7342, arXiv.org.
- Jovanovic, Franck & Schinckus, Christophe, 2017. "Econophysics and Financial Economics: An Emerging Dialogue," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780190205034.
- repec:wsi:ijfexx:v:04:y:2017:i:02n03:n:s2424786317500165 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mozumder, Sharif & Dempsey, Michael & Kabir, M. Humayun & Choudhry, Taufiq, 2016. "An improved framework for approximating option prices with application to option portfolio hedging," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 285-296.
- repec:agr:journl:v:3(612):y:2017:i:3(612):p:71-82 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:26:y:2002:i:7:p:1297-1316. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.