Emissions trading, CDM, JI, and more : the climate strategy of the EU
The objective of this paper is to assess the likely allocation effects of the current climate protection strategy as it is laid out in the National Allocation Plans (NAPs) for the European Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS). The multi-regional, multi-sectoral CGE-model DART is used to simulate the effects of the current policies in the year 2012 when the Kyoto targets need to be met. Different scenarios are simulated in order to highlight the effects of the grandfathering of permits to energy-intensive installations, the use of the project-based mechanisms (CDM and JI), and the restriction imposed by the supplementarity criterion.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel|
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://www.ifw-kiel.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gernot Klepper & Sonja Peterson, 2005.
"Trading Hot-Air. The Influence of Permit Allocation Rules, Market Power and the US Withdrawal from the Kyoto Protocol,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 32(2), pages 205-228, October.
- Gernot Klepper & Sonja Peterson, 2002. "Trading Hot Air The Influence of Permit Allocation Rules, Market Power and the US Withdrawal from the Kyoto Protocol," Kiel Working Papers 1133, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Klepper, Gernot & Peterson, Sonja, 2005. "Trading hot-air : the influence of permit allocation rules, market power and the US withdrawal from the Kyoto Protocol," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3718, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Franck Lecocq & Karan Capoor, . "State and Trends of the Carbon Market 2005," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13411, The World Bank.
- repec:wbk:wboper:13410 is not listed on IDEAS
- Klepper, Gernot & Peterson, Sonja, 2004. "The EU emissions trading scheme allowance prices, trade flows and competitiveness effects," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3270, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Franck Lecocq, 2005. "State and Trends of the Carbon Market—2004," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7457, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwkie:3814. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.