Key sectors in the Moroccan economy: An application of input-output analysis
The exploration of the structural features and sectoral interdependences of and in an economy is fundamental for the understanding of its modes of functioning and of its transformations over time. Input-output analysis is largely used to fulfill this objective. Furthermore, information provided by the Leontief inverse matrix is useful for the identification of key sectors. This identification may guide policy makers in setting an adequate industrial strategy. In this paper, the classification of productive sectors is performed by using the unweighted Rassmussen approach. The ordering of sectors depends on the intensity of their links with other sectors. Two results ought to be highlighted. First, key sectors of the Moroccan economy reduced to two sectors in 2007 instead of four sectors in 1998. Second, the ordering of sectors is highly sensitive to the precision of the data and to the year in which the classification is realized.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://www.economics-ejournal.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francisco Alvarez-Cuadrado & Markus Poschke, 2009.
"Structural Change Out Of Agriculture: Labor Push Versus Labor Pull,"
Departmental Working Papers
2009-08, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Francisco Alvarez-Cuadrado & Markus Poschke, 2011. "Structural Change Out of Agriculture: Labor Push versus Labor Pull," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 127-58, July.
- Alvarez-Cuadrado, Francisco & Poschke, Markus, 2009. "Structural Change out of Agriculture: Labor Push versus Labor Pull," IZA Discussion Papers 4247, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dobrescu, Emilian & Gaftea, Viorel & Scutaru, Cornelia, 2010. "Using the Leontief Matrix to Estimate the Impact of Investments upon the Global Output," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 176-187, July.
- Ebru Voyvoda, 2009. "Sources Of Structural Change And Its Impact On Interdependence: An Input-Output Perspective For The Post-1980 Turkish Economy," Working Papers 507, Economic Research Forum, revised Dec 2009.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Sesso Filho, Umberto Antonio, 2005.
"Visualizing Input-Output Data: Some New Techniques Applied to the Amazon Region,"
Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 7, pages 141-152.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Sesso Filho, Umberto Antonio, 2005. "Visualizing Input-Output Data: Some New Techniques Applied to the Amazon Region," MPRA Paper 38313, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Boucher, Michel, 1975. "Le Québec : une économie développée?," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 51(3), pages 453-460, juillet.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:201259. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.