Finding communities in credit networks
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bargigli, Leonardo & Gallegati, Mauro, 2013. "Finding communities in credit networks," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 7, pages 1-39.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gai, Prasanna & Kapadia, Sujit, 2010. "Contagion in financial networks," Bank of England working papers 383, Bank of England.
- Upper, Christian & Worms, Andreas, 2004.
"Estimating bilateral exposures in the German interbank market: Is there a danger of contagion?,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 827-849, August.
- Christian Upper & Andreas Worms, 2001. "Estimating bilateral exposures in the German interbank market: is there a danger of contagion?," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Marrying the macro- and micro-prudential dimensions of financial stability, volume 1, pages 211-229, Bank for International Settlements.
- Upper, Christian & Worms, Andreas, 2002. "Estimating Bilateral Exposures in the German Interbank Market: Is there a Danger of Contagion?," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2002,09, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Battiston, Stefano & Delli Gatti, Domenico & Gallegati, Mauro & Greenwald, Bruce & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2012.
"Liaisons dangereuses: Increasing connectivity, risk sharing, and systemic risk,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1121-1141.
- Stefano Battiston & Domenico Delli Gatti & Mauro Gallegati & Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2009. "Liaisons Dangereuses: Increasing Connectivity, Risk Sharing, and Systemic Risk," NBER Working Papers 15611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Upper, Christian, 2011. "Simulation methods to assess the danger of contagion in interbank markets," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 111-125, August.
- G. De Masi & Y. Fujiwara & M. Gallegati & B. Greenwald & J. E. Stiglitz, 2009. "An Analysis of the Japanese Credit Network," Papers 0901.2384, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2010.
- Castrén, Olli & Kavonius, Ilja Kristian, 2009. "Balance Sheet Interlinkages and Macro-Financial Risk Analysis in the Euro Area," Working Paper Series 1124, European Central Bank.
- Mistrulli, Paolo Emilio, 2011.
"Assessing financial contagion in the interbank market: Maximum entropy versus observed interbank lending patterns,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1114-1127, May.
- Paolo Emilio Mistrulli, 2007. "Assessing financial contagion in the interbank market: Maximum entropy versus observed interbank lending patterns," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 641, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Helmut Elsinger & Alfred Lehar & Martin Summer, 2006. "Systemically important banks: an analysis for the European banking system," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 73-89, April.
- Bargigli, Leonardo & Gallegati, Mauro, 2011.
"Random digraphs with given expected degree sequences: A model for economic networks,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 396-411, May.
- Mauro Gallegati, 2011. "Random Digraphs with Given Expected Degree Sequences: A Model for Economic Networks," Post-Print hal-00989518, HAL.
- Nier, Erlend & Yang, Jing & Yorulmazer, Tanju & Alentorn, Amadeo, 2007. "Network models and financial stability," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 2033-2060, June.
- Iman van Lelyveld & Franka Liedorp, 2006.
"Interbank Contagion in the Dutch Banking Sector: A Sensitivity Analysis,"
International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 2(2), May.
- Lelyveld, Iman van & Liedorp, Franka, 2006. "Interbank Contagion in the Dutch Banking Sector: A Sensitivity Analysis," MPRA Paper 806, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- E. N. Sawardecker & C. A. Amundsen & M. Sales-Pardo & L. A.N. Amaral, 2009. "Comparison of methods for the detection of node group membership in bipartite networks," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 72(4), pages 671-677, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Catullo, Ermanno & Gallegati, Mauro & Palestrini, Antonio, 2015. "Towards a credit network based early warning indicator for crises," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 78-97.
- Silva, Thiago Christiano & de Souza, Sergio Rubens Stancato & Tabak, Benjamin Miranda, 2016.
"Network structure analysis of the Brazilian interbank market,"
Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 130-152.
- Thiago Christiano Silva & Sergio Rubens Stancato de Souza & Benjamin Miranda Tabak, 2015. "Network Structure Analysis of the Brazilian Interbank Market," Working Papers Series 391, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Billio, Monica & Casarin, Roberto & Rossini, Luca, 2019. "Bayesian nonparametric sparse VAR models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 212(1), pages 97-115.
- Wäckerle, Manuel, 2013. "On the bottom-up foundations of the banking-macro nexus," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 7, pages 1-45.
- Casarin, Roberto & Costola, Michele & Yenerdag, Erdem, 2018. "Financial bridges and network communities," SAFE Working Paper Series 208, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Dániel Kondor & Márton Pósfai & István Csabai & Gábor Vattay, 2014. "Do the Rich Get Richer? An Empirical Analysis of the Bitcoin Transaction Network," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(2), pages 1-10, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bargigli, Leonardo & Gallegati, Mauro & Riccetti, Luca & Russo, Alberto, 2014. "Network analysis and calibration of the “leveraged network-based financial accelerator”," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 109-125.
- Castrén, Olli & Rancan, Michela, 2014.
"Macro-Networks: An application to euro area financial accounts,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 43-58.
- Castrén, Olli & Rancan, Michela, 2013. "Macro-networks: an application to the euro area financial accounts," Working Paper Series 1510, European Central Bank.
- Memmel, Christoph & Sachs, Angelika, 2013.
"Contagion in the interbank market and its determinants,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 46-54.
- Memmel, Christoph & Sachs, Angelika, 2011. "Contagion in the interbank market and its determinants," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2011,17, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Fabio Caccioli & Paolo Barucca & Teruyoshi Kobayashi, 2018.
"Network models of financial systemic risk: a review,"
Journal of Computational Social Science, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 81-114, January.
- Fabio Caccioli & Paolo Barucca & Teruyoshi Kobayashi, 2017. "Network models of financial systemic risk: A review," Papers 1710.11512, arXiv.org.
- Fabio Caccioli & Paolo Barucca & Teruyoshi Kobayashi, 2017. "Network models of financial systemic risk: A review," Discussion Papers 1719, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Paul Glasserman & Peyton Young, 2015. "Contagion in Financial Networks," Economics Series Working Papers 764, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Ivan Alves & Stijn Ferrari & Pietro Franchini & Jean-Cyprien Heam & Pavol Jurca & Sam Langfield & Sebastiano Laviola & Franka Liedorp & Antonio Sánchez & Santiago Tavolaro & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2013. "The structure and resilience of the European interbank market," ESRB Occasional Paper Series 03, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Tomáš Klinger & Petr Teplý, 2014. "Systemic Risk of the Global Banking System - An Agent-Based Network Model Approach," Prague Economic Papers, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2014(1), pages 24-41.
- Pierre L. Siklos & Martin Stefan, 2020. "Exchange rate shocks in multicurrency interbank markets," CQE Working Papers 9220, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- Georgescu, Oana-Maria, 2015. "Contagion in the interbank market: Funding versus regulatory constraints," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 1-18.
- Hausenblas, Václav & Kubicová, Ivana & Lešanovská, Jitka, 2015.
"Contagion risk in the Czech financial system: A network analysis and simulation approach,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 156-180.
- Vaclav Hausenblas & Ivana Kubicova & Jitka Lesanovska, 2012. "Contagion Risk in the Czech Financial System: A Network Analysis and Simulation Approach," Working Papers 2012/14, Czech National Bank.
- Peralta, Gustavo & Crisóstomo, Ricardo, 2016. "Financial contagion with spillover effects: a multiplex network approach," ESRB Working Paper Series 32, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Paul Glasserman & H. Peyton Young, 2015. "Contagion in Financial Markets," Working Papers 15-21, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- Muhammad Mohsin Hakeem & Ken-ichi Suzuki, 2016. "Fragility and contagion within European Union's banking system: the network prospective," International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(2), pages 115-131.
- Hyun Hak Kim & Hosung Jung, 2019. "Systemic Risk of the Consumer Credit Network across Financial Institutions," Working Papers 2019-23, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Steinbacher, Matjaz & Steinbacher, Mitja & Steinbacher, Matej, 2013. "Credit Contagion in Financial Markets: A Network-Based Approach," MPRA Paper 49616, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lara Mónica Machado Fernandes & Maria Rosa Borges, 2013. "Interbank Linkages and Contagion Risk in the Portuguese Banking System," Working Papers Department of Economics 2013/23, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Ebrahimi Kahou, Mahdi & Lehar, Alfred, 2017. "Macroprudential policy: A review," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 92-105.
- Tonzer, Lena, 2015.
"Cross-border interbank networks, banking risk and contagion,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 19-32.
- Lena Tonzer, 2013. "Cross-Border Interbank Networks, Banking Risk and Contagion," FIW Working Paper series 129, FIW.
- Krause, Andreas & Giansante, Simone, 2012. "Interbank lending and the spread of bank failures: A network model of systemic risk," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 583-608.
- Hamed Amini & Rama Cont & Andreea Minca, 2011. "Resilience to Contagion in Financial Networks," Papers 1112.5687, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit networks; communities; contagion; systemic risk;
All these keywords.
- C49 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Other
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2012-09-09 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2012-09-09 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CMP-2012-09-09 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-NET-2012-09-09 (Network Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2012-09-09 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:201241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.