Current account imbalances and income inequality: Theory and evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Abel, Andrew B, 1990.
"Asset Prices under Habit Formation and Catching Up with the Joneses,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 38-42, May.
- Andrew B. Abel, "undated". "Asset Prices Under Habit Formation and Catching Up With the Jones," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 1-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Abel, A.B., 1990. "Asset Prices Under Habit Formation And Catching Up With The Joneses," Weiss Center Working Papers 1-90, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Andrew B. Abel, "undated". "Asset Prices Under Habit Formation and Catching Up With the Jones," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 01-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- A. Abel, 2010. "Asset prices under habit formation and catching up with the Jones," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1395, David K. Levine.
- Andrew B. Abel, 1990. "Asset Prices under Habit Formation and Catching up with the Joneses," NBER Working Papers 3279, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Azzimonti, Marina & de Francisco, Eva & Quadrini, Vincenzo, 2012.
"Financial Globalization, Inequality, and the Raising of Public Debt,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8893, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marina Azzimonti-Renzo & Eva de Francisco & Vincenzo Quadrini, 2012. "Financial globalization, inequality, and the raising of public debt," Working Papers 12-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Dimitris Georgarakos & Michael Haliassos & Giacomo Pasini, 2014.
"Household Debt and Social Interactions,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(5), pages 1404-1433.
- Georgarakos, Dimitris & Haliassos, Michalis & Pasini, Giacomo, 2012. "Household Debt and Social Interactions," CEPR Discussion Papers 9238, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Georgarakos, Dimitris & Haliassos, Michael & Pasini, Giacomo, 2012. "Household debt and social interactions," CFS Working Paper Series 2012/05, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Georgarakos, Dimitris & Haliassos, Michalis & Pasini, Giacomo, 2013. "Household debt and social interactions," SAFE Working Paper Series 1, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), 1995. "Handbook of International Economics," Handbook of International Economics, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 3, number 3.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30728041 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gruber, Joseph W. & Kamin, Steven B., 2007. "Explaining the global pattern of current account imbalances," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 500-522, June.
- Broer, Tobias, 2014. "Domestic or global imbalances? Rising income risk and the fall in the US current account," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 47-67.
- Ori Heffetz, 2011. "A Test of Conspicuous Consumption: Visibility and Income Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 1101-1117, November.
- Romain Ranciere & Nathaniel A. Throckmorton & Michael Kumhof & Claire Lebarz & Alexander W. Richter, 2012. "Income Inequality and Current Account Imbalances," IMF Working Papers 12/8, International Monetary Fund.
- Harald Uhlig & Lars Ljungqvist, 2000. "Tax Policy and Aggregate Demand Management under Catching Up with the Joneses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 356-366, June.
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Emmanuel Saez & Jae Song, 2010. "Earnings Inequality and Mobility in the United States: Evidence from Social Security Data Since 1937," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(1), pages 91-128.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jorge Carrera & Esteban Rodríguez & Mariano Sardi, 2015.
"Inequality, Financial Deepening and Current Account Impact,"
Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(72), pages 59-102, June.
- Jorge Carrera & Esteban Rodríguez & Mariano Sardi, 2015. "Inequality, Financial Deepening and Current Account Impact," BCRA Working Paper Series 201565, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department.
More about this item
Keywordscurrent account; income inequality; global imbalances; financial liberalization; consumption externalities; heterogeneity;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwasw:459. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .