Women and work: what role do social norms play?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Siobhan Austen, 2003.
"Culture and the Labour Market,"
Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3018.
- Yann Algan & Pierre Cahuc, 2006.
"Job Protection: The Macho Hypothesis,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 390-410, Autumn.
- Yann Algan & Pierre Cahuc, 2004. "Job protection: the Macho Hypothesis?," Sciences Po publications 1192, Sciences Po.
- Yann Algan & Pierre Cahuc, 2006. "Job protection: the Macho Hypothesis," Post-Print hal-00395385, HAL.
- Yann Algan & Pierre Cahuc, 2004. "Job protection: the Macho Hypothesis?," Working Papers hal-01065504, HAL.
- Algan, Yann & Cahuc, Pierre, 2004. "Job Protection: The Macho Hypothesis," IZA Discussion Papers 1192, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pierre Cahuc & Yann Algan, 2004. "Job protection: The Macho hypothesis," 2004 Meeting Papers 332, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Yann Algan & Pierre Cahuc, 2006. "Job Protection: the Macho Hypothesis?," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/43usn88ugg8, Sciences Po.
- Daiji Kawaguchi & Junko Miyazaki, 2009. "Working mothers and sons’ preferences regarding female labor supply: direct evidence from stated preferences," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 22(1), pages 115-130, January.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Ananth Seshadri & Mehmet Yorukoglu, 2005.
"Engines of Liberation,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 72(1), pages 109-133.
- Greenwood,J. & Seshadri,A. & Yorukoglu,M., 2002. "Engines of liberation," Working papers 1, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Ananth Seshadri & Mehmet Yorukoglu, 2003. "Engines of Liberation," RCER Working Papers 503, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Jeremy Greenwood & Ananth Seshadri & Mehmet Yorukoglu, 2002. "Engines of Liberation," Economie d'Avant Garde Research Reports 2, Economie d'Avant Garde.
- Alessandra Fogli & Raquel Fernandez, 2009.
"Culture: An Empirical Investigation of Beliefs, Work, and Fertility,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 146-177, January.
- Fernández, Raquel & Fogli, Alessandra, 2005. "Culture: An Empirical Investigation of Beliefs, Work and Fertility," CEPR Discussion Papers 5089, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raquel Fernandez & Alessandra Fogli, 2005. "Culture: an empirical investigation of beliefs, work, and fertility," Staff Report 361, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Raquel Fernandez & Alessandra Fogli, 2005. "Culture: An Empirical Investigation of Beliefs, Work, and Fertility," NBER Working Papers 11268, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandra Fogli & Raquel Fernandez, 2005. "Culture: An Empirical Investigation of Beliefs, Work, and Fertility," Working Papers 05-07, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Veronika Eberharter, 2003. "Structural Features of Female Employment Status and Earnings Mobility: The Experience in Germany," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 61(4), pages 511-533.
- Nicole M Fortin, 2005. "Gender Role Attitudes and the Labour-market Outcomes of Women across OECD Countries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(3), pages 416-438, Autumn.
- Andreia Tolciu, 2010. "The Economics of Social Interactions: An Interdisciplinary Ground for Social Scientists?," Forum for Social Economics, Springer;The Association for Social Economics, vol. 39(3), pages 223-242, October.
- Christopher F Baum, 2006. "An Introduction to Modern Econometrics using Stata," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, number imeus, December.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Adriaan S. Kalwij, 2000. "The effects of female employment status on the presence and number of children," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(2), pages 221-239.
- Tomas Frejka & Tomáš Sobotka & Jan M. Hoem & Laurent Toulemon, 2008. "Summary and general conclusions: Childbearing Trends and Policies in Europe," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 19(2), pages 5-14, July.
- Raquel Fernández & Alessandra Fogli & Claudia Olivetti, 2004. "Mothers and Sons: Preference Formation and Female Labor Force Dynamics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(4), pages 1249-1299.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anja Köbrich León, 2013. "Does Cultural Heritage Affect Employment Decisions: Empirical Evidence for First- and Second Generation Immigrants in Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 553, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Anja Koebrich Leon, 2013. "Does Cultural Heritage affect Employment decisions – Empirical Evidence for Second Generation Immigrants in Germany," Working Paper Series in Economics 270, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordswomen's employment status; households and families; social norms; probit model with sample selection;
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:hwwirp:1-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hwwiide.html .