The Impact of a Reentry and Aftercare Program on Recidivism
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pogorzelski, W. & Wolff, N. & Pan, K.-Y. & Blitz, C.L., 2005. "Behavioral health problems, ex-offender reentry policies, and in "Second Chance Act"," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 95(10), pages 1718-1724.
- Sascha O. Becker & Marco Caliendo, 2007.
"Sensitivity analysis for average treatment effects,"
Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 7(1), pages 71-83, February.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Caliendo, Marco, 2007. "mhbounds - Sensitivity Analysis for Average Treatment Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 2542, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Sascha O. Becker & Marco Caliendo, 2007. "mhbounds - Sensitivity Analysis for Average Treatment Effects," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 659, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
- Angrist, Joshua D. & Krueger, Alan B., 1999.
"Empirical strategies in labor economics,"
Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 23, pages 1277-1366,
- Alan B. Krueger & Joshua D. Angrist, 1998. "Empirical Strategies in Labor Economics," Working Papers 780, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Joshua Angrist & Alan Krueger, 1998. "Empirical Strategies in Labor Economics," Working papers 98-7, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- King, Gary & Nielsen, Richard, 2019. "Why Propensity Scores Should Not Be Used for Matching," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(4), pages 435-454, October.
- Caterina Roman & Jeremy Travis, 2006. "Where will I sleep tomorrow? Housing, homelessness, and the returning prisoner," Housing Policy Debate, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 389-418.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Martin Schlotter & Guido Schwerdt & Ludger Woessmann, 2011.
"Econometric methods for causal evaluation of education policies and practices: a non-technical guide,"
Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 109-137.
- Martin Schlotter & Guido Schwerdt & Ludger Woessmann, 2009. "Econometric Methods for Causal Evaluation of Education Policies and Practices: A Non-Technical Guide," CESifo Working Paper Series 2877, CESifo.
- Schlotter, Martin & Schwerdt, Guido & Woessmann, Ludger, 2010. "Econometric Methods for Causal Evaluation of Education Policies and Practices: A Non-Technical Guide," IZA Discussion Papers 4725, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Schlotter, Martin & Schwerdt, Guido & Wößmann, Ludger, 2011. "Econometric methods for causal evaluation of education policies and practices: A non-technical guide," Munich Reprints in Economics 19780, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Francesco Serti & Chiara Tomasi, 2008.
"Self-Selection and Post-Entry Effects of Exports: Evidence from Italian Manufacturing Firms,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(4), pages 660-694, December.
- Francesco Serti & Chiara Tomasi, 2007. "Self Selection and Post-Entry effects of Exports. Evidence from Italian Manufacturing firms," LEM Papers Series 2007/20, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Santosh Kumar & Ganesh Rauniyar, 2018.
"The impact of rural electrification on income and education: Evidence from Bhutan,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 1146-1165, August.
- Santosh Kumar & Ganesh Rauniyar, 2018. "The Impact of Rural Electrification on Income and Education: Evidence from Bhutan," Working Papers 1801, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Dettmann, Eva & Becker, Claudia & Schmeißer, Christian, 2010. "Is there a Superior Distance Function for Matching in Small Samples?," IWH Discussion Papers 3/2010, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Christopher Wildeman, 2011. "Parental Incarceration, Child Homelessness, and the Invisible Consequences of Mass Imprisonment," Working Papers 1281, Princeton University, School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Paudel, Jayash & de Araujo, Pedro, 2017. "Demographic responses to a political transformation: Evidence of women’s empowerment from Nepal," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 325-343.
- Guido W. Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2009.
"Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(1), pages 5-86, March.
- Guido Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2008. "Recent developments in the econometrics of program evaluation," CeMMAP working papers CWP24/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M. & Imbens, Guido, 2009. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," Scholarly Articles 3043416, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Imbens, Guido W. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2008. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," IZA Discussion Papers 3640, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Guido M. Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2008. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 14251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liane Faltermeier & Awudu Abdulai, 2009. "The impact of water conservation and intensification technologies: empirical evidence for rice farmers in Ghana," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(3), pages 365-379, May.
- Githiomi, Caroline & Muriithi, Beatrice & Irungu, Patrick & Mwungu, Chris M. & Diiro, Gracious & Affognon, Hippolyte & Mburu, John & Ekesi, Sunday, 2019. "Economic analysis of spillover effects of an integrated pest management (IPM) strategy for suppression of mango fruit fly in Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 121-132.
- Ramírez, José Carlos & Ortiz-Arango, Francisco & Rosellón, Juan, 2021. "Impact of Mexico's energy reform on consumer welfare," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- Abebaw, Degnet & Haile, Mekbib G., 2013. "The impact of cooperatives on agricultural technology adoption: Empirical evidence from Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 82-91.
- Christian Volpe Martincus & Jerónimo Carballo, 2012.
"Export promotion activities in developing countries: What kind of trade do they promote?,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 539-578, June.
- Volpe Martincus, Christian & Carballo, Jerónimo, 2011. "Export Promotion Activities in Developing Countries: What kind of Trade Do They Promote?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3180, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Duvendack, Maren & Palmer-Jones, Richard, 2011. "The microfinance of reproduction and the reproduction of microfinance: understanding the connections between microfinance, empowerment, contraception and fertility in Bangladesh in the 1990s," MPRA Paper 32384, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hohmeyer, Katrin & Wolff, Joachim, 2007. "A fistful of Euros: Does One-Euro-Job participation lead means-tested benefit recipients into regular jobs and out of unemployment benefit II receipt?," IAB-Discussion Paper 200732, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Daniel Kandie & Khan Jahirul Islam, 2022. "A new era of microfinance: The digital microcredit and its impact on poverty," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(3), pages 469-492, April.
- Roberto ESPOSTI, 2014. "To match, not to match, how to match: Estimating the farm-level impact of the CAP-first pillar reform (or: How to Apply Treatment-Effect Econometrics when the Real World is;a Mess)," Working Papers 403, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2008.
"Some Practical Guidance For The Implementation Of Propensity Score Matching,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 31-72, February.
- Caliendo, Marco & Kopeinig, Sabine, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 1588, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 485, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Wolff, Joachim & Nivorozhkin, Anton, 2008. "Start me up: The effectiveness of a self-employment programme for needy unemployed people in Germany," IAB-Discussion Paper 200820, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Shohei Nakamura, 2017. "Does slum formalisation without title provision stimulate housing improvement? A case of slum declaration in Pune, India," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 54(7), pages 1715-1735, May.
- Origo, Federica, 2009. "Flexible pay, firm performance and the role of unions. New evidence from Italy," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 64-78, January.
More about this item
KeywordsDifference-in-differences; prison; propensity score matching; recidivism; reentry and aftercare programs;
All these keywords.
- H73 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Interjurisdictional Differentials and Their Effects
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.