How valid are synthetic panel estimates of poverty dynamics?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- HÃ©rault, Nicolas & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2018. "How valid are synthetic panel estimates of poverty dynamics?," ISER Working Paper Series 2018-05, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Herault, Nicolas & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2018. "How Valid Are Synthetic Panel Estimates of Poverty Dynamics?," IZA Discussion Papers 11484, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Joachim R. Frick & Stephen P. Jenkins & Dean R. Lillard & Oliver Lipps & Mark Wooden, 2007. "European Data Watch: The Cross-National Equivalent File (CNEF) and its Member Country Household Panel Studies," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 127(4), pages 627-654.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1993. "Identification and estimation of dynamic models with a time series of repeated cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-2), pages 99-123, September.
- Tony Addison & Yukka Pirttilä & Finn Tarp & Hai-Anh H. Dang & Peter F. Lanjouw, 2017.
"Welfare Dynamics Measurement: Two Definitions of a Vulnerability Line and Their Empirical Application,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 63(4), pages 633-660, December.
- Dang , Hai-Anh H. & Lanjouw, Peter F., 2014. "Welfare dynamics measurement : two definitions of a vulnerability line and their empirical application," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6944, The World Bank.
- Deaton, Angus, 1985. "Panel data from time series of cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 109-126.
- Jenkins, Stephen P., 2011. "Changing Fortunes: Income Mobility and Poverty Dynamics in Britain," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199226436.
- repec:ese:ukhlsp:2015-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mary Jo Bane & David T. Ellwood, 1986. "Slipping into and out of Poverty: The Dynamics of Spells," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(1), pages 1-23.
- Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Julian Messina & Jamele Rigolini & Luis-Felipe López-Calva & Maria Ana Lugo & Renos Vakis, 2013.
"Economic Mobility and the Rise of the Latin American Middle Class
[La movilidad económica y el crecimiento de la clase media en América Latina]," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11858, June.
- Perez, Victor, 2015. "Moving in and out of poverty in Mexico: What can we learn from pseudo-panel methods?," ISER Working Paper Series 2015-16, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Frick, Joachim R. & Jenkings, Stephen P. & Lillard, Dean R. & Lipps, Oliver & Wooden, Mark, 2007. "The Cross-National Equivalent File (CNEF) and Its Member Country Household Panel Studies," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 627-654.
More about this item
Keywordssynthetic panel; pseudo panel; poverty dynamics; poverty entry; poverty exit; BHPS; HILDA;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/glaboea.html .