The ecological price of getting rich in a green desert: A contingent valuation study in rural Southwest China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhongmin, Xu & Loomis, John & Zhiqiang, Zhang & Hamamura, Kuino, 2006. "Evaluating the performance of different willingness to pay question formats for valuing environmental restoration in rural China," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(05), pages 585-601, October.
- Bennett, Michael T., 2008. "China's sloping land conversion program: Institutional innovation or business as usual?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 699-711, May.
- Wendy Y. Chen & C.Y. Jim, 2011. "Resident valuation and expectation of the urban greening project in Zhuhai, China," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(7), pages 851-869, October.
- Wang, Hua & Shi, Yuyan & Kim, Yoonhee & Kamata, Takuya, 2013.
"Valuing water quality improvement in China: A case study of Lake Puzhehei in Yunnan Province,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 56-65.
- Wang, Hua & Shi, Yuyan & Kim, Yoonhee & Kamata, Takuya, 2011. "Valuing water quality improvement in China : a case study of lake Puzhehei in Yunnan province," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5766, The World Bank.
- Zhongmin, Xu & Guodong, Cheng & Zhiqiang, Zhang & Zhiyong, Su & Loomis, John, 2003. "Applying contingent valuation in China to measure the total economic value of restoring ecosystem services in Ejina region," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2-3), pages 345-358, March.
- Ahlheim, Michael & Fror, Oliver, 2003. "Valuing the non-market production of agriculture," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 52(8).
- Michael Ahlheim & Benchaphun Ekasingh & Oliver Fror & Jirawan Kitchaicharoen & Andreas Neef & Chapika Sangkapitux & Nopasom Sinphurmsukskul, 2010. "Better than their reputation: enhancing the validity of contingent valuation mail survey results through citizen expert groups," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(2), pages 163-182.
- James Hammitt & Ying Zhou, 2006. "The Economic Value of Air-Pollution-Related Health Risks in China: A Contingent Valuation Study," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 33(3), pages 399-423, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahlheim, Michael & Frör, Oliver & Langenberger, Gerhard & Pelz, Sonna, 2014.
"Chinese urbanites and the preservation of rare species in remote parts of the country: the example of eaglewood,"
62897, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Dec 2014.
- Ahlheim, Michael & Frör, Oliver & Langenberger, Gerhard & Pelz, Sonna, 2014. "Chinese urbanites and the preservation of rare species in remote parts of the country: The example of Eaglewood," FZID Discussion Papers 94-2014, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Ahlheim, Michael & Börger, Tobias & Frör, Oliver, 2013. "The influence of ethnicity and culture on the valuation of environmental improvements: Results from a CVM study in Southwest China," FZID Discussion Papers 81-2013, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
More about this item
Keywordsrubber cultivation; deforestation; contingent valuation method; environmental costs; China;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-09-03 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2012-09-03 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2012-09-03 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2012-09-03 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:fziddp:552012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fihohde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.