The ecological price of getting rich in a green desert: A contingent valuation study in rural Southwest China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhongmin, Xu & Loomis, John & Zhiqiang, Zhang & Hamamura, Kuino, 2006. "Evaluating the performance of different willingness to pay question formats for valuing environmental restoration in rural China," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(05), pages 585-601, October.
- Bennett, Michael T., 2008. "China's sloping land conversion program: Institutional innovation or business as usual?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 699-711, May.
- Wendy Y. Chen & C.Y. Jim, 2011. "Resident valuation and expectation of the urban greening project in Zhuhai, China," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(7), pages 851-869, October.
- Wang, Hua & Shi, Yuyan & Kim, Yoonhee & Kamata, Takuya, 2013.
"Valuing water quality improvement in China: A case study of Lake Puzhehei in Yunnan Province,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 56-65.
- Wang, Hua & Shi, Yuyan & Kim, Yoonhee & Kamata, Takuya, 2011. "Valuing water quality improvement in China : a case study of lake Puzhehei in Yunnan province," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5766, The World Bank.
- Zhongmin, Xu & Guodong, Cheng & Zhiqiang, Zhang & Zhiyong, Su & Loomis, John, 2003. "Applying contingent valuation in China to measure the total economic value of restoring ecosystem services in Ejina region," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2-3), pages 345-358, March.
- Ahlheim, Michael & Fror, Oliver, 2003. "Valuing the non-market production of agriculture," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 52(8).
- Michael Ahlheim & Benchaphun Ekasingh & Oliver Fror & Jirawan Kitchaicharoen & Andreas Neef & Chapika Sangkapitux & Nopasom Sinphurmsukskul, 2010. "Better than their reputation: enhancing the validity of contingent valuation mail survey results through citizen expert groups," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(2), pages 163-182.
- James Hammitt & Ying Zhou, 2006. "The Economic Value of Air-Pollution-Related Health Risks in China: A Contingent Valuation Study," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 33(3), pages 399-423, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahlheim, Michael & Frör, Oliver & Langenberger, Gerhard & Pelz, Sonna, 2014.
"Chinese urbanites and the preservation of rare species in remote parts of the country: The example of Eaglewood,"
FZID Discussion Papers
94-2014, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Ahlheim, Michael & Frör, Oliver & Langenberger, Gerhard & Pelz, Sonna, 2014. "Chinese urbanites and the preservation of rare species in remote parts of the country: the example of eaglewood," MPRA Paper 62897, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Dec 2014.
- Ahlheim, Michael & Börger, Tobias & Frör, Oliver, 2013. "The influence of ethnicity and culture on the valuation of environmental improvements: Results from a CVM study in Southwest China," FZID Discussion Papers 81-2013, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
More about this item
Keywordsrubber cultivation; deforestation; contingent valuation method; environmental costs; China;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-09-03 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2012-09-03 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2012-09-03 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2012-09-03 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:fziddp:552012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fihohde.html .