Steuern die Steuern Unternehmensentscheidungen?
I discuss the theoretical and empirical underpinnings of recent and announced tax policy of the German government. In contrast to a popular view, I argue that German tax policy should focus less on growth and unemployment. Today, the central tasks of tax policy should be to stabilize fiscal revenue and promote income equalization.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (030) 838 2272
Fax: (030) 838 2129
Web page: http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/en/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert A Moffitt & Mark Wilhelm, 2000.
"Taxation and the Labor Supply - Decisions of the Affluent,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
414, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Robert A. Moffitt & Mark Wilhelm, 1998. "Taxation and the Labor Supply: Decisions of the Affluent," NBER Working Papers 6621, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Braulke & Giacomo Corneo, 2003.
"Capital Taxation May Survive in Open Economies,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
975, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fred Ramb & Alfons J. Weichenrieder, 2005.
"Taxes and the Financial Structure of German Inward FDI,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 141(4), pages 670-692, December.
- Fred Ramb & Alfons Weichenrieder, 2004. "Taxes and the Financial Structure of German Inward FDI," CESifo Working Paper Series 1355, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fred Ramb & Alfons J. Weichenrieder, 2005. "Taxes and the Financial Structure of German Inward FDI," Kiel Working Papers 1252, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Ramb, Fred & Weichenrieder, Alfons J., 2005. "Taxes and the financial structure of German inward FDI," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,05, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Roger H. Gordon & Julie Berry Cullen, 2002. "Taxes and Entrepreneurial Activity: Theory and Evidence for the U.S," NBER Working Papers 9015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nancy L. Stokey & Sergio Rebelo, 1993.
"Growth Effects of Flat-Rate Taxes,"
NBER Working Papers
4426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben Lockwood & Michael B. Devereux & Michela Redoano, 2003. "Capital Account Liberalization and Corporate Taxes," IMF Working Papers 03/180, International Monetary Fund.
- Hines, James R. Jr., 1999. "Lessons from Behavioral Responses to International Taxation," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 2), pages 305-22, June.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2010. "Allgemeine Steuerlehre," EconStor Books, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, number 92547, April.
- Slemrod, Joel, 2004. "Are corporate tax rates, or countries, converging?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(6), pages 1169-1186, June.
- Uhlig, Harald & Yanagawa, Noriyuki, 1996. "Increasing the capital income tax may lead to faster growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1521-1540, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:fubsbe:20053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.