Youth and gender-specific unemployment and Okun's law in Germany and Poland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berlingieri, Francesco & Bonin, Holger & Sprietsma, Maresa, 2014. "Youth unemployment in Europe: Appraisal and policy options," ZEW Expertises, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research, number 110578.
- Francesco Pastore, 2015. "The Youth Experience Gap," SpringerBriefs in Economics, Springer, edition 127, number 978-3-319-10196-5, March.
- Stefania Albanesi & Aysegul Sahin, 2018.
"The Gender Unemployment Gap,"
Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 30, pages 47-67, October.
- Aysegul Sahin & Stefania Albanesi, 2011. "The Gender Unemployment Gap," 2011 Meeting Papers 814, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Stefania Albanesi & Aysegul Sahin, 2013. "The gender unemployment gap," Staff Reports 613, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Albanesi, Stefania & Sahin, Aysegul, 2013. "The Gender Unemployment Gap," CEPR Discussion Papers 9448, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefania Albanesi & Aysegul Sahin, 2017. "Online Appendix to "The Gender Unemployment Gap"," Online Appendices 14-209, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Stefania Albanesi & Aysegul Sahin, 2013. "The Gender Unemployment Gap," Working Papers 2013-004, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Stefania Albanesi & Ayşegül Şahin, 2017. "The Gender Unemployment Gap," NBER Working Papers 23743, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stefania Albanesi & Aysegul Sahin, 2017. "Code and data files for "The Gender Unemployment Gap"," Computer Codes 14-209, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Misbah Tanveer Choudhry & Enrico Marelli & Marcello Signorelli, 2012. "Youth unemployment rate and impact of financial crises," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 76-95, March.
- Stefano Scarpetta & Anne Sonnet & Thomas Manfredi, 2010. "Rising Youth Unemployment During The Crisis: How to Prevent Negative Long-term Consequences on a Generation?," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 106, OECD Publishing.
- Herve Queneau & Amit Sen, 2009. "Further Evidence on the Dynamics of Unemployment by Gender," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 3162-3176.
- Oliver Hutengs & Georg Stadtmann, 2014. "Age- and Gender-Specific Unemployment in Scandinavian Countries: An Analysis based on Okun’s Law," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 56(4), pages 567-580, December.
- Marcello Signorelli & Misbah Choudhry & Enrico Marelli, 2012. "The Impact of Financial Crises on Female Labour," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 24(3), pages 413-433, July.
- repec:hka:wpaper:2013-04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Josef C Brada & Enrico Marelli & Marcello Signorelli, 2014. "Introduction: Young People and the Labor Market: Key Determinants and New Evidence," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 56(4), pages 556-566, December.
- Verick, Sher, 2009. "Who Is Hit Hardest during a Financial Crisis? The Vulnerability of Young Men and Women to Unemployment in an Economic Downturn," IZA Discussion Papers 4359, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Edward S. Knotek, 2007. "How useful is Okun's law?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, vol. 92(Q IV), pages 73-103.
- Howard J. Wall, 2009. "The \\"man-cession\\" of 2008-2009: it's big, but it's not great," The Regional Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Oct, pages 4-9.
- David N. F. Bell & David G. Blanchflower, 2011.
"Young people and the Great Recession,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 241-267.
- Bell, David N.F. & Blanchflower, David G., 2011. "Young People and the Great Recession," IZA Discussion Papers 5674, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Blinder, Alan S, 1997. "Is There a Core of Practical Macroeconomics That We Should All Believe?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 240-243, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dunsch, Sophie, 2015. "Okun's law and youth unemployment in Germany and Poland," Discussion Papers 373, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Dunsch Sophie, 2016. "Okun’s Law and Youth Unemployment in Germany and Poland," International Journal of Management and Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of World Economy, vol. 49(1), pages 34-57, March.
- Iva TOMIĆ, 2018. "What drives youth unemployment in Europe? Economic vs non‐economic determinants," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 157(3), pages 379-408, September.
- Marios Michaelides & Peter Mueser & Jeffrey Smith, 2019. "Youth Unemployment and U.S. Job Search Assistance Policy during the Great Recession," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 13-2019, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Iva Tomic, 2016. "What drives youth unemployment in Europe?," Working Papers 1601, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb.
- Artner, Annamária, 2013. "A fiatalok munkanélküliségének kérdéséhez Európa példáján keresztül [Contribution to the problem of the youth unemployment through the example of Europe]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(12), pages 1370-1392.
- Ondřej Dvouletý & Martin Lukeš & Mihaela Vancea, 2020. "Individual-level and family background determinants of young adults’ unemployment in Europe," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 47(2), pages 389-409, May.
- Joseph Anthony Mauro & Sophie Mitra, 2015. "Understanding Out-of-Work and Out-of-School Youth in Europe and Central Asia," World Bank Publications - Reports 22806, The World Bank Group.
- Dal Bianco, Silvia & Bruno, Randolph L. & Signorelli, Marcello, 2015. "The joint impact of labour policies and the “Great Recession” on unemployment in Europe," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 3-26.
- G. S. F. Bruno & M. T. Choudhry & E. Marelli & M. Signorelli, 2014.
"Youth Unemployment: Key Determinants and the Impact of Crises,"
AIEL Series in Labour Economics, in: Miguel Ángel Malo & Dario Sciulli (ed.), Disadvantaged Workers, edition 127, chapter 0, pages 121-148,
- Giovanni S.F. Bruno & Misbah T. Choudhry & Enrico Marelli & Marcello Signorelli, 2014. "Youth Unemployment: Key Determinants and the Impact of Crisis," AIEL Series in Labour Economics, in: Dario Sciulli & Miguel Ángel Malo (ed.), Disadvantaged Workers, edition 1, chapter 7, pages 121-148, AIEL - Associazione Italiana Economisti del Lavoro.
- Enrico Marelli & Elena Vakulenko, 2016. "Youth unemployment in Italy and Russia: Aggregate trends and individual determinants," The Economic and Labour Relations Review, , vol. 27(3), pages 387-405, September.
- Cho, Yoonyoung & Newhouse, David, 2013.
"How Did the Great Recession Affect Different Types of Workers? Evidence from 17 Middle-Income Countries,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 31-50.
- Cho, Yoonyoung & Newhouse, David, 2011. "How did the great recession affect different types of workers ? evidence from 17 middle-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5636, The World Bank.
- Cho, Yoon Y. & Newhouse, David, 2011. "How Did the Great Recession Affect Different Types of Workers? Evidence from 17 Middle-Income Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 5681, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Giovanni S. F. Bruno & Misbah Choudhry Tanveer & Enrico Marelli & Marcello Signorelli, 2017. "The short- and long-run impacts of financial crises on youth unemployment in OECD countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(34), pages 3372-3394, July.
- Iacopo Odoardi, 2020. "Can parents’ education lay the foundation for reducing the inactivity of young people? A regional analysis of Italian NEETs," Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 37(1), pages 307-336, April.
- Floro Ernesto Caroleo & Elvira Ciociano & Sergio Destefanis, 2017. "Youth Labour-Market Performance, Institutions and Vet Systems: A Cross-Country Analysis," Italian Economic Journal: A Continuation of Rivista Italiana degli Economisti and Giornale degli Economisti, Springer;Società Italiana degli Economisti (Italian Economic Association), vol. 3(1), pages 39-69, March.
- Liotti, Giorgio, 2020. "Labour market flexibility, economic crisis and youth unemployment in Italy," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 150-162.
- Luis RenÃ© CÃ¡ceres, 2021. "Youth Unemployment and Underdevelopment in Honduras," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 13(2), pages 1-61, February.
- Signorelli, Marcello & Choudhry, Misbah Tanveer, 2015. "Symposium: Youth labour market and the “Great Recession”," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-2.
- Yekaterina Chzhen & Dominic Richardson, 2014. "Young People (not) in the Labour Market in Rich Countries during the Great Recession," Papers inwopa726, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Josef C Brada & Marcello Signorelli, 2012. "Comparing Labor Market Performance: Some Stylized Facts and Key Findings," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 54(2), pages 231-250, June.
More about this item
KeywordsYouth Unemployment; Okun's Law; Poland; Germany;
All these keywords.
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EUR-2018-01-01 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-TRA-2018-01-01 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:euvwdp:397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fwffode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fwffode.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.