Tourism in the Portuguese Rural Areas
The tourism in the rural areas is an important contribution to the local economies and an additional income for the traditional local activities as the agricultural sector. Some traditional rural activities, as the agriculture, sometimes and in some locations are not sufficient to provide an acceptable return to their promoters. So the different forms of tourism in rural zones, as the small industry and others sectors, are important contributions to the economic activity in the rural areas. This study pretends to analyze some information and statistical data about the several forms of tourism in the Portuguese rural areas, namely tourism accommodation, rural tourism, agritourism, village tourism, country house and rural hotel. There were used data from 2004 to 2008 available in the Statistics of Portugal (INE) for the Portuguese NUTs II. These data were analyzed with econometric methods, namely, spatial econometrics and panel data analysis.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Düsternbrooker Weg 120, 24105 Kiel / Neuer Jungfernstieg 21, 20354 Hamburg|
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814-520
Web page: http://www.econstor.eu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paulo Duarte & Ana Rita Pais, 2010. "Use and Perception of the Internet as a Marketing Tool to Promote Rural Tourism," Working Papers de Gestão, Economia e Marketing (Management, Economics and Marketing Working Papers) td05_2010, Universidade da Beira Interior, Departamento de Gestão e Economia (Portugal).
- Guido Van Huylenbroeck & Isabel Vanslembrouck & Mieke Calus & Liesbeth Van de Velde, 2006. "Synergies between Farming and Rural Tourism: Evidence from Flanders," EuroChoices, The Agricultural Economics Society, vol. 5(1), pages 14-21, 04.
- Jie Zhang & Bjarne Madsen & Chris Jensen-Butler, 2007. "Regional Economic Impacts of Tourism: The Case of Denmark," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(6), pages 839-854.
- Lucas Gutierrez Rodriguez & Manuel Ruiz Perez & Xiaosheng Yang & Geriletu, 2011. "From Farm to Rural Hostel: New Opportunities and Challenges Associated with Tourism Expansion in Daxi, a Village in Anji County, Zhejiang, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Nazrul Islam, 1995. "Growth Empirics: A Panel Data Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1127-1170.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:esprep:71761. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.