From Farm to Rural Hostel: New Opportunities and Challenges Associated with Tourism Expansion in Daxi, a Village in Anji County, Zhejiang, China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Keijiro Otsuka & Takashi Yamano, 2006. "Introduction to the special issue on the role of nonfarm income in poverty reduction: evidence from Asia and East Africa," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(s3), pages 393-397, November.
- Haggblade, Steven & Hazell, Peter & Reardon, Thomas, 2010. "The Rural Non-farm Economy: Prospects for Growth and Poverty Reduction," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1429-1441, October.
- Dong, Xiao-Yuan & MacPhail, Fiona & Bowles, Paul & Ho, Samuel P. S., 2004. "Gender Segmentation at Work in China's Privatized Rural Industry: Some Evidence from Shandong and Jiangsu," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 979-998, June.
- Zhang, Linxiu & de Brauw, Alan & Rozelle, Scott, 2004. "China's rural labor market development and its gender implications," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 230-247.
- Perez, Manuel Ruiz & Maogong, Zhong & Belcher, Brian & Chen, Xie & Maoyi, Fu & Jinzhong, Xie, 1999. "The role of bamboo plantations in rural development: The case of Anji County, Zhejiang, China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 101-114, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniela Ruxandra Andrei & Rodica-Manuela Gogonea & Marian Zaharia & Jean-Vasile Andrei, 2014. "Is Romanian Rural Tourism Sustainable? Revealing Particularities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(12), pages 1-13, December.
- Paola M. Leanza & Simona M. C. Porto & Vincenzo Sapienza & Santi M. Cascone, 2016. "A Heritage Interpretation-Based Itinerary to Enhance Tourist Use of Traditional Rural Buildings," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(1), pages 1-19, January.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:1:p:47:d:61774 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2013. "Tourism in the Portuguese Rural Areas," EconStor Preprints 71761, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordstourism; nongjiale ; rural development; off-farm income; China;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:3:y:2011:i:1:p:306-321:d:11090. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: http://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.